• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

More Electricity Outages Threaten Californians

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
More Electricity Outages Threaten Californians
By Irina Slav
Sep 08, 2020

Less than a month after California utilities barely prevented planned outages amid a heatwave that led to a boom in power consumption, the threat is back: PG&E said late yesterday it had started cutting the power supply of parts of northern California, the Wall Street Journal reports.

According to the company, these outages are done to reduce the risk of wildfires as the heat persists, leading to another rolling outage warning on Monday.

PG&E said the new outages will affect some 172,000 consumers across 22 counties, although, according to the WSJ, the total number of those affected could be about half a million people, based on census data. A day earlier, on Sunday, the California Independent System Operator said it expected a power supply shortage of 4 GW due to import problems and transmission equipment damage from wildfires.

The risk of wildfires is a sensitive issue for the California utility: PG&E only emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection two months ago after being bombarded with lawsuits for billions that blamed it for devastating wildfires in the past few years. The utility eventually agreed to pay some $25.5 billion to settle the lawsuits.

The power outage threats have sparked criticism of California’s dependence on solar and wind power as it strives to become a net-zero state. Shutting down gas-powered power plants and boosting solar generation capacity without a backup was seen as one reason for the outages. Yet others have countered with the argument that renewable energy and grid reliability could co-exist, although this would take a while to achieve.

Meanwhile, the risk of power generation equipment causing wildfires remains, whatever the energy mix in the state. According to the Wall Street Journal, PG&E has been working to make its equipment safer and be able to detect dangerous weather in advance.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-...ectricity-Outages-Threaten-Californians.html#

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
With all due respect to our CA brothers and sisters (are there any CA sisters?) here.....GOOD!

Last edited:

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
this is the future the communists have planned, already to go here...come on over, we'll show you

and the taxes are going to go sky high,

We've Only Just Begun....

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
but cant burn wood for heat -- the emissions

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
but cant burn wood for heat -- the emissions
not 'legally' but, lots of homes still have fireplaces that are used and backyard fires, no one bothers anyone about those either

not near me anyways...and wood? there are pallets laying around the backs of buildings all around the county and furniture? there are more seniors 'downsizing' around here, with more old furniture available, for cheap if you go to the right spots, that can be torn apart and burnt...

most will figure out how to make it work, it's going to be trouble from the ones who either won't or can't figure anything out...and for that i'll do some trade if possible...

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
not 'legally' but, lots of homes still have fireplaces that are used and backyard fires, no one bothers anyone about those either

not near me anyways...and wood? there are pallets laying around the backs of buildings all around the county and furniture? there are more seniors 'downsizing' around here, with more old furniture available, for cheap if you go to the right spots, that can be torn apart and burnt...

most will figure out how to make it work, it's going to be trouble from the ones who either won't or can't figure anything out...and for that i'll do some trade if possible...
which area of cali are you in?

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
san diego county - we're 'behind enemy lines' (see the checkpoints on 5 and 15 and most of the back-country roads?)

close those down and i'll be a resident of Mehico

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
san diego county - we're 'behind enemy lines' (see the checkpoints on 5 and 15 and most of the back-country roads?)

close those down and i'll be a resident of Mehico
spent weeks in mission beach in the 90's - seemed like the classic california beach scene. played in the ombac over the line tourney -- crazy time

didnt care for el centro -- spent a week there too :drive by:

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Low on electricity? Just fire up the coal powered power plants. Oh ya got rid of them? Too fucking bad, suffer.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Guess you can't charge all them fancy electric cars now can you.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Too fucking bad, suffer.
you know, we here, we got it...as a joke...

but why do you make it so personal?
with such vinegar?

does that style make you feel better? do any of you guys pump your chests out when you say it?

we're talking some suffering here, but your individual states are suffering too, from something else, but, why take Glee in any of it?

eh, it's only a joke

LOLOL

:laughing::belly laugh::dduck:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

with such vinegar?

does that style make you feel better? do any of you guys pump your chests out when you say it?

we're talking some suffering here, but your individual states are suffering too, from something else, but, why take Glee in any of it?

eh, it's only a joke

LOLOL

The hate for the California communists runs deep

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The hate for the California communists runs deep
my skin gets thin a bit at some folks laughing at people dying, to the point they'd like to add more logs to the fire, and then they think it's funnier than hell to the point some seem to pray to god that it actually happens...we're you're fkn brothers and sisters! (except the commie ones)

otoh, i crack jokes that piss others off, but i'd never know 'cause no one says anything....

i'm far from being bent, but dead people, regular dead sheep to me aren't really a joke

if i'm projecting, i'll check myself...but i don't think so

something to think about

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

with such vinegar?

eh, it's only a joke

LOLOL

I have never been accused of mincing words. No it wasn't a joke. You Californians vote in the politicians that have ruined your state. Live with it and don't expect the rest of us to bail you out. You know, I-10 runs to the east maybe use it.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
my skin gets thin a bit at some folks laughing at people dying, to the point they'd like to add more logs to the fire, and then they think it's funnier than hell to the point some seem to pray to god that it actually happens...we're you're fkn brothers and sisters! (except the commie ones)

otoh, i crack jokes that piss others off, but i'd never know 'cause no one says anything....

i'm far from being bent, but dead people, regular dead sheep to me aren't really a joke

if i'm projecting, i'll check myself...but i don't think so

something to think about
TO BE HONEST, everyone in Cali COULD LEAVE ANY TIME THEY WANTED TO. And a lot have. But the rest are so stupid that they DESERVE TO DIE.

They could rise up, but do not. They just bow their heads and TAKE IT.

But the funny part is that a lot of the people who have left Cali have come to Texas. The bad thing about that is they want TEXAS to be like Cali 'light'... so just SOME communism, not ALL of the stupid ideas they have had that has caused ALL their problems. But trying their shit here in Texas won't fly and they will be disappointed HERE in Texas as they were in California, maybe more so. Because we don't put up with the same crap that they do. Never have. NEVER WILL.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
TO BE HONEST, everyone in Cali COULD LEAVE ANY TIME THEY WANTED TO. And a lot have. But the rest are so stupid that they DESERVE TO DIE.

They could rise up, but do not. They just bow their heads and TAKE IT.

But the funny part is that a lot of the people who have left Cali have come to Texas. The bad thing about that is they want TEXAS to be like Cali 'light'... so just SOME communism, not ALL of the stupid ideas they have had that has caused ALL their problems. But trying their shit here in Texas won't fly and they will be disappointed HERE in Texas as they were in California, maybe more so. Because we don't put up with the same crap that they do. Never have. NEVER WILL.
Unfortunately when they leave they take their liberal policies and ideas with them to spread like cancer to the rest of the country. They destroy their homes then move on to destroy other's.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have never been accused of mincing words. No it wasn't a joke. You Californians vote in the politicians that have ruined your state. Live with it and don't expect the rest of us to bail you out. You know, I-10 runs to the east maybe use it.
abuse your wife much? your post shows you don't follow shit in this place...

I'm Alive Bitch!

But the rest are so stupid that they DESERVE TO DIE.
you realize you called us all stupid and deserve to die...right?

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
some here really have zero comprehension...telling each other to die

what a pack...

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
spent weeks in mission beach in the 90's - seemed like the classic california beach scene. played in the ombac over the line tourney -- crazy time

didnt care for el centro -- spent a week there too :drive by:
Yeah. Me too - spent a week there one afternoon.

Then. There is Needles. I spent more than a week there - I spent six months there, in and out, and it felt like an eternity - in Purgatory.

The only things capable of life in Needles, stink, stick, sting or suck. And that includes two-legged life forms. In April/May, the temperature would be, at 0400 when I got up, about 86. By noon it would be over 115; and that was usually when we got shut down for safety reasons. You could just hear the Gates of Hell creaking open to let out an afternoon blast.

It was so hot, afternoons and evenings, I often didn't dare walk down the street to the coffeeshop for a meal - we were in a motel, air-conditioned, of course. Since I had a 0400 wakeup, I'd go to bed about eight...with a blindfold, in front of the A/C unit.

Working for a railroad contractor. The Santa Fe foreman on the project offered me a job as a truck-driver/field mechanic. It would have doubled my pay, but I would have had to live in Needles. For fruggin-EVER.

It worked out well. Later I got transferred by the contractor to the BN property in Montana (the BNSF had just been formed with a merger) and learned I'd like life here. And I do; but it took 20 years to work back. But that's another story.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
abuse your wife much? your post shows you don't follow shit in this place...

I'm Alive Bitch!
Seems to fit...

1600187255796.png

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
hence your response...bro, go and be productive

i know what you're talking about, i used to do that too, talk shit...

just find another way to say the same thing without including me or any others here, dying

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
hence your response...bro, go and be productive

i know what you're talking about, i used to do that too, talk shit...

just find another way to say the same thing without including me or any others here, dying

Look Buck, I am not "talking shit". I stand by EVERY THING I say and I do not mince words to keep others from being "offended" . I-10, USE IT to leave that forsaken place or don't I could not care less.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Look Buck, I am not "talking shit". I stand by EVERY THING I say and I do not mince words to keep others from being "offended" . I-10, USE IT to leave that forsaken place or don't I could not care less.
no explanation required, none, it's cool

and you're a fkn danger to you and those around you unless you plan on having one of them shoot you themselves

talking dead people, hope you die, shit like that and then coming back in with a declaration

'I MEAN IT', " I Do!!!"

GL bro, stay tf outta this State, please, can you do that for us? we gotta enough here already to deal with, we don't need any more...

but you get it now, right?

AND I MEAN IT!

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
here is the thing,

doesn't matter whether we are speaking of cali's or ny'ers

the rest of us don't want them,
they can stay right where they are at,
their warped sense of reality

naww, hell no, they can all stay in the cesspools they have created,

there should be laws keeping them there far as I am concerned

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
My new neighbors moved from San Diego to AZ last year,. They said they sold their house in CA for 3x what they just paid for a similar house here. (BTW, they're big-time pro Trumpers.)

Get the F out and take your equity with you!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
here is the thing,

doesn't matter whether we are speaking of cali's or ny'ers

the rest of us don't want them,
they can stay right where they are at,
their warped sense of reality

naww, hell no, they can all stay in the cesspools they have created,

there should be laws keeping them there far as I am concerned
Here here!!!

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
no explanation required, none, it's cool

and you're a fkn danger to you and those around you unless you plan on having one of them shoot you themselves

talking dead people, hope you die, shit like that and then coming back in with a declaration

'I MEAN IT', " I Do!!!"

GL bro, stay tf outta this State, please, can you do that for us? we gotta enough here already to deal with, we don't need any more...

but you get it now, right?

AND I MEAN IT!
85165653_1089222541415219_4378315341151862784_n.jpg

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I heard on talk radio today New York City and California both have move LEAVING than COMING to reside.
:oriental: :much thankful::write letter: :finished: :monster 4::laughing: :sick=Ca. Gov.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I heard on talk radio today New York City and California both have move LEAVING than COMING to reside.
:oriental::much thankful::write letter: :finished: :monster 4::laughing: :sick=Ca. Gov.
They should stay within their own borders and reap what they've sown instead of spreading their liberal ass policies on the rest of us!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
They should stay within their own borders and reap what they've sown instead of spreading their liberal ass policies on the rest of us!
Hey, It could be the OUT VOTED crowd packin' and leavin'.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
full immersion:

Why not just pick 'em off as they cross the State Line? there's only so many ways in / out

:don't know:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
full immersion:

Why not just pick 'em off as they cross the State Line? there's only so many ways in / out

:don't know:
As long as you're staying in CA I'm not opposed to that idea Buck

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
As long as you're staying in CA I'm not opposed to that idea Buck
tell me where you'll be, i'll send a few your way

besides, if i go somewhere else, i'm just saying i'm Canadian, eh!
I'm just here for the health care, ours sucks, eh? like our president, eh?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
tell me where you'll be, i'll send a few your way

besides, if i go somewhere else, i'm just saying i'm Canadian, eh!
I'm just here for the health care, ours sucks, eh? like our president, eh?
Perfect plan of action....wear something flowery so I'll know it's you. I'll be in the back of my pickup with the Trump 2020 flag flying, holding my AK and wearing a tee shirt with the red peace sign across my chest. You can't miss me!

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Perfect plan of action....wear something flowery so I'll know it's you. I'll be in the back of my pickup with the Trump 2020 flag flying, holding my AK and wearing a tee shirt with the red peace sign across my chest. You can't miss me!
flowery my ass

I'm wearing my Best Hawaiian Shirt for you bro!

1600224724843.png

I was in last years patriots kick ass parade (we had all this free time)

we were ahead of everyone else, notice the gloves? greg, behind me, he had a cold that day, he handed me that microphone...the rest is just pablum as they say

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
flowery my ass

I'm wearing my Best Hawaiian Shirt for you bro!

View attachment 180622

I was in last years patriots kick ass parade (we had all this free time)

we were ahead of everyone else, notice the gloves? greg, behind me, he had a cold that day, he handed me that microphone...the rest is just pablum as they say
Diggin the getup man! I can't miss you wearing that! I'm damn proud of you!