• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

More Electricity Outages Threaten Californians

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Buck,

My wife grew up in SF Bay area. Born in Oakland.

We've lived there twice for a total of six years plus.

If you are still living there, IT'S YOUR CHOICE.

Don't blame any one else. You CAN get out. YOU CHOOSE NOT TO.

Watch what happens as all the maroons burn your (and several other) states TO THE DAMNED GROUND.

Hey, we lived there twice. Once just before the '88 earthquake that destroyed parts of the Oakland Bay bridge and LOADS of raised portions of the freeways - moved back to Denver earlier that year. The second time was right after the Oakland fire that burned two really large subdivisions.

Been there. DONE THAT. We lived in Portland for three years after we moved from San Fran the second time to care for my father in law who lived in BORING, OREGON.

And to be clear, you are living in a 'target rich environment' as are everyone else living in ANY city/state controlled by Democrats.

What does it take for you to wake up? Have YOUR place burned to the ground and LOSE everything? Is that what it takes BUCK?

Because when your house IS burned to the ground, you will get zero sympathy from me and most other folks who are trying to say that these MARXISTS are destroying this country. Eventually they will go one step too far (don't know what that will be) and will kill, burn, attack the wrong group of people and they will defend themselves with force. And that will be the start of the next civil war.

If you have not been burned out by then, you will be shortly, because they can't have 'regular folks' just going about their day to day activities any more. I thought you were smarter than that. Guess not.

Last edited:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
They’ll find a way to keep the lights on

BBA015D9-054B-4DDE-8EBE-7BD3C373FBF7.jpeg

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Buck,

My wife grew up in SF Bay area. Born in Oakland.

We've lived there twice for a total of six years plus.

If you are still living there, IT'S YOUR CHOICE.

Don't blame any one else. You CAN get out. YOU CHOOSE NOT TO.

Watch what happens as all the maroons burn your (and several other) states TO THE DAMNED GROUND.

Hey, we lived there twice. Once just before the '88 earthquake that destroyed parts of the Oakland Bay bridge and LOADS of raised portions of the freeways - moved back to Denver earlier that year. The second time was right after the Oakland fire that burned two really large subdivisions.

Been there. DONE THAT. We lived in Portland for three years after we moved from San Fran the second time to care for my father in law who lived in BORING, OREGON.

And to be clear, you are living in a 'target rich environment' as are everyone else living in ANY city/state controlled by Democrats.

What does it take for you to wake up? Have YOUR place burned to the ground and LOSE everything? Is that what it takes BUCK?

Because when your house IS burned to the ground, you will get zero sympathy from me and most other folks who are trying to say that these MARXISTS are destroying this country. Eventually they will go one step too far (don't know what that will be) and will kill, burn, attack the wrong group of people and they will defend themselves with force. And that will be the start of the next civil war.

If you have not been burned out by then, you will be shortly, because they can't have 'regular folks' just going about their day to day activities any more. I thought you were smarter than that. Guess not.

all of this to say

We Lose

not only that, but that me and a few others here in Ca are going to lose more than most of you others

I've never understood this:
We Lose, so, how in the world does anyone win?

there are plans on there being winners and losers at the end of all of this, if the communists win, for the rest of us, there will be no winners

yet, if i get burnt out and die, perhaps I'll be the winner

let's just see how that pans out...it never goes the way anyone plans, that's how the phrase unintended consequences was created

seriously, there needs to be more relaxing here just a bit, any of you want to go to the beach, just wait a bit, it'll all open back up again and it'll all still be here for your next vacation, 2021 or 2022

we won't lose Michigan, we won't lose California, we'll lose it all or we'll not lose anything

We're In The Majority, i've mentioned it before, this country is conservative...look around, how many attend Joe's gatherings?

but, at least you didn't say you wanted me dead, that's an improvement around this place
:2 thumbs up:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
We're In The Majority, i've mentioned it before, this country is conservative...look around, how many attend Joe's gatherings?
The majority need to take their state back Buck. Conservatives from outside can't come in and do it for them. The same holds true for IL, NY, OR, WA, MA, etc, etc, etc

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Conservatives from outside can't come in and do it for them.
but having the NG do it, that'd work, but who's in charge of them?

etc...

we all know, it's not as bad as they say it is but it's worse than what is healthy...

but, lets examine that a bit:
Liberals from across the country can come in and they make their stuff work...and now i'm to understand this doesn't work for Conservatives?

come on, that doesn't even make sense

if the Army came on-board, did their thing, then went home, that would work

The Feds being in Portland, that worked, till they were told: Stay Here!
they could have put this down in one night, arrests and incarcerations, poof, problem gone

idk, i'm just looking at some threads waving in the wind, trying to address some of them

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I think we’re going to have to split the country at some point. The Atlas Shrugged model is the most attractive (I.e. the productive opt out and disappear)

I was born in Baltimore but moved to San Diego for business (Sorrento Valley). Having six different climates within an hour was awesome but the taxes and regulations were too much. So I moved to a red state in the South that is now purple. I feel bad for the conservative Californians and am sure they are lonelier by the day.

my advice is to pull the ripcord and parachute to safety before the crash

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
otoh, i crack jokes that piss others off, but i'd never know 'cause no one says anything..
A "joke", would be that '74 Pacer you drive. Lol

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
LOL

scrub that from your memory...oh wait, it's your memory i'm talking about now

LOL

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I think we’re going to have to split the country at some point. The Atlas Shrugged model is the most attractive (I.e. the productive opt out and disappear)

I was born in Baltimore but moved to San Diego for business (Sorrento Valley). Having six different climates within an hour was awesome but the taxes and regulations were too much. So I moved to a red state in the South that is now purple. I feel bad for the conservative Californians and am sure they are lonelier by the day.

my advice is to pull the ripcord and parachute to safety before the crash
Red State Secession.

Plan. Sign a Declaration of Independence. Be ready when it's done, with fortified borders and troops instructed to shoot.

Demonstration of resolve, increases the likelihood that there is not actual military action, as well as of eventual success. I don't think debt-burdened Imperial Washington is going to be truly able to force their will on a region that's had enough. Should they try, there will be internal revolts in the military - and it's the Red States that PRODUCE. The Coastal Elites and Blue States, are Tax Consumers.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The key to Galts plan was non disclosure

we have to quietly fade away

i personally don’t want to have a redcoats vs Galts conflict

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Treat'em like mushrooms.
Keep them in the dark and feed them shit.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yummmmm

but i got a flash light

1600449632924.png

it helps me find the good looking ones

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The key to Galts plan was non disclosure

we have to quietly fade away

i personally don’t want to have a redcoats vs Galts conflict
Me neither, but when I read that, an old saying came to mind.
Want in one hand and ____ in the other and see which one gets filled first.

The conflict is already here, but too many galts don't realize that quite yet.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Buck,

It's funny. We have a life long friend that ended up in Newport Beach. Owns her own place outright in Newport Beach (bought it almost 20 years ago) so her $750k price is now worth about $1.5m.

We can't convince here to MOVE OUT of Socal. She just loves it.

The funny part is when the wife talked to her last week, she complained about all the homeless people in her part of town. She lives in a gated community.

I keep telling 'she who must be obeyed' that eventually she will be moved out BECAUSE of the people in charge can't have 'rich white people' being kept separate from the unwashed masses. Or they may just start a fire that burns her whole community to the ground.

I told her the same thing I tell folks here.

IF YOU are staying in Cali, with all the crap going on NOW? You get what you deserve.

She could hop in her convertible BMW and drive right the hell out of Cali. She doesn't.

I will miss her - when her community is burned to the ground - with her still in it. Sad that she can't see whats coming.

Apparently that is an affliction of people who actually live there. They think that they are special and no one will bother them.

NOTHING WILL BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. I suspect most Cali's that could get out but do not, YOU WILL DIE SCREAMING... just sayin

YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO LEAVE. But you won't and neither will our friend. Sad actually.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I think California will go RED again. Conservatives will pick it up off the scrap pile and build it up again.

Everybody will go there including me when personal responsibility and limited government are a primary principle. Hope I live long enough to see it.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I think California will go RED again. Conservatives will pick it up off the scrap pile and build it up again.

Everybody will go there including me when personal responsibility and limited government are a primary principle. Hope I live long enough to see it.
I think Yellowstone will blow and Cali will crack off the mainland before that happens.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think Yellowstone will blow and Cali will crack off the mainland before that happens.
it's difficult to understand how California had built itself to the point of being in the top 10 of the worlds countries, economically, with what was produced here, if you've not experienced it

could have tossed aside about half or more of the country as being nothing but 'feeders' but we don't ever talk about that...sucking the golden teat as it was...

so, if Ca is still in the Top 10, believe it or not, where the hell does that place your dump?
Venezuela, you suckers...pick a sister city as one that can assist you to perhaps sink a bit more in class and style

:summer:

read my sig line...i'm going to die, wtf do i care

:green tea:

:dduck::dduck:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
it's difficult to understand how California had built itself to the point of being in the top 10 of the worlds countries, economically, with what was produced here, if you've not experienced it
Buck, I don’t want you to die ;).
I loved San Diego
but I think the state is on the wrong part of the Tytler cycle

67A4B5BE-339B-4052-B1F7-581350C0DF31.jpeg

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

could have tossed aside about half or more of the country as being nothing but 'feeders' but we don't ever talk about that...sucking the golden teat as it was...

so, if Ca is still in the Top 10, believe it or not, where the hell does that place your dump?
Venezuela, you suckers...pick a sister city as one that can assist you to perhaps sink a bit more in class and style

:summer:

read my sig line...i'm going to die, wtf do i care

:green tea:

:dduck::dduck:
Well buck, my "Dump" as you put it, doesn't have a riot and burn down the city problem. That puts it high on the list of great places to live. If you gave up all .gov subsites Cali would fold. And another thing cali is not a fucking country. It sucks the tit of the United States and don' forget it.

Last edited:

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Buck, I don’t want you to die ;).
I loved San Diego
but I think the state is on the wrong part of the Tytler cycle

View attachment 181114
cycles are meant to be broken and i'd like to say No One's Going To Die, but a few already have...

eh, don't touch the fire and you won't get burned, that doesn't mean you can't 'tend' the fire

Well buck, my "Dump" as you put it, doesn't have a riot and burn down the city problem.

and Pride will be Your downfall, trust me, but you can grow out of it, just saying...

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
good vid

here's one thing that needs to be mentioned

these groups are going to eventually run out of cash, it's going to happen

they can tax all they want but if there's nothing to tax, their take is still zero (relative, of course) and the pensions run out...

people will be pissed and they won't be pissed at each other

pick a State, there will be similar events, enough for everyone to learn something good from as we watch whatever else is happening at the same time

if nothing good comes from any of this, nothing good will ever come from any of this...

just saying, I'm still here, it's gotta be good

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
There are two separate issues here...

1) First time in 20 years rolling blackouts in SoCal due to combination of lack of peak power AND a record-setting heatwave. Yes, perhaps renewable energy has something to do with it. But rolling blackouts were FAR worse 20 years ago, when CA was mostly dependent on gas, coal & nukes. Regardless, there wasn't enough capacity, and none of neighboring states had any juice to spare at any price.

2) PG&E in Northern California cut corners on transmission lines, causing risk of wildfires. The vast majority of blackouts these last 2 years are from this. Just a private company paying shareholders and ignoring risks to the public.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
20 years ago? they couldn't get any new units approved for construction

regulations were so bad, a generation facility was built south of the border, no power lines running away from it...that took about 12 years to get permission to run the lines north of the border

i went and argued 25 years ago, this county was going to run out of power

since then, they're on their way of tearing out enough to have a net loss of overall power generation, the same situation i argued would happen, stG

and the Dolly Partons, nuke plant, on the coast, near me, were decommissioned a few years back due to failed engineering of an upgraded generator/boiler that ultimately, billions of dollars later, didn't work, POOF!

i read some of the back story and ultimately this was one of multiple nukes that were 'destroyed' in about 10 years time from upgrades that didn't work to cutting into stressed concrete domes where a last minute change resulted in destruction...etc

it's been planned and in the works for decades...

don't get me started on the phone call shut downs that became 'critical maintenance issues' where nothing was wrong, they only needed the consumer price to spike for a few hours, that was worth millions of dollars to the companies

corruption doesn't even begin to spell out who should be executed for this theft...

eh

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
119827927_1693896787441498_7361231451845574967_n.jpg

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Guess they didn't think about that. Grid maxxed out how about we go all electric. Fucking brilliant.
there are new housing units that can't have natural gas lines to them, all electric

Santa Barbara...they do crowd themselves around Stoopid...

it's fkn great, i can burn the fence from around my house if i need to , i got old school, i can make lots of stuff work

other areas not so much...a puff of smoke from your BBQ brings on the true Brownshirters, HOA squad...Seig Heil HOA!

anyways, maximum stupid has not been reached yet...wait for it

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Guess they didn't think about that. Grid maxxed out how about we go all electric. Fucking brilliant.
That wasn't a goof - it was the PLAN.

The INTENT is to remove personal mobility. PREVENT Deplorables from leaving the urban plantations, and their Organized Hi-Rise communities. Ban I-C automobiles, in increments; and electric cars...forced onto the masses just as the power grid collapses.

Presto Change-O! YOU CAN NOT GO THERE...ANYWHERE!

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The INTENT is to remove personal mobility. PREVENT Deplorables from leaving the urban plantations, and their Organized Hi-Rise communities. Ban I-C automobiles, in increments; and electric cars...forced onto the masses just as the power grid collapses.
I appreciate that you have a good grasp on what's happening and how the EV is the worst thing to come along for us

Personal Transportation and the Ability To Gather, key components that will be sorely missed when they're gone...look at how retard we went when we lost the ability to gather, - police on the beaches to prevent such activity and wait till the day comes a 19 year old can't take off and drive across the country and be back in 10 days

Wait till you wanna round trip a 350 mile day...in less than 6 hours

wait till we have to take out the .gov and we can't even get there to do it

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
They've ran it into the toilet.

And now it will collapse. It's literally unsustainable.

This is where venality meats imbecility.

IMHO, Trump will lose, due to voter fraud; but it doesn't even matter much anymore. Trump cannot make things right - because of the legal limits of his power. And Bidet/HerAss cannot govern effectively, because of low actual support. They cannot even set up a dictatorship, because neither of them frankly have the cunning or intellect.

Someone WILL be a dictator or warlord, but neither of those two.

And those wonderful Four Familes...will be in the midst of ruin and collapse, their dollars worthless. They killed the goose that laid golden eggs.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I appreciate that you have a good grasp on what's happening and how the EV is the worst thing to come along for us

Personal Transportation and the Ability To Gather, key components that will be sorely missed when they're gone...look at how retard we went when we lost the ability to gather, - police on the beaches to prevent such activity and wait till the day comes a 19 year old can't take off and drive across the country and be back in 10 days

Wait till you wanna round trip a 350 mile day...in less than 6 hours

wait till we have to take out the .gov and we can't even get there to do it
In broad strokes, you're right. But the devil's in the details.

The I-C engine is not going away. And it's the backbone for MILITARY mobility - so, Ay-Ochk and Greta notwithstanding, we WILL have petroleum products produced.

Just not available to the masses.

Therin lies the problem. Production of gasoline/diesel fuel, in the quantity needed to meet military and industrial needs, requires considerable civilian work.

Those civilians...will be producting products they're forbidden to buy; and for their work, they'll be paid fiat - which will essentially have been debased to worthlessness.

WHY will they do it? First, why work hard when your life cannot be improved? Go to work in a sweatshop or gulag-refinery, and take a government omnibus to your Housing Ministry rabbit-warren...which, just as with other Communist public-works housing structures, will have walls of naked poured concrete and broken plumbing and heating...just do that, paid with E-dollars off a card or chip, with government computers determining if you're high-enough status to have meat or Twinkies at the government grocery stores....yada yada.

WHY WILL THEY DO IT?

Cars and trucks will remain - unusable except for government-permitted functions by government-permitted persons, but they'll be there. They'll be both the inspiration for revolt and the means for it to happen - riot, theft and movement of guerrillas.

Will the police, also living under the Green New Deal, even WANT to stop the uprising?

Will the police, if NOT made to live under the Green New Deal, be even safe or able to control the public - being an endless reminder of the slavery of non-Elites.

This is a stupid, dangerous game they play.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
In broad strokes, you're right. But the devil's in the details.

The I-C engine is not going away. And it's the backbone for MILITARY mobility - so, Ay-Ochk and Greta notwithstanding, we WILL have petroleum products produced.

Just not available to the masses.

Therin lies the problem. Production of gasoline/diesel fuel, in the quantity needed to meet military and industrial needs, requires considerable civilian work.

Those civilians...will be producting products they're forbidden to buy; and for their work, they'll be paid fiat - which will essentially have been debased to worthlessness.

WHY will they do it? First, why work hard when your life cannot be improved? Go to work in a sweatshop or gulag-refinery, and take a government omnibus to your Housing Ministry rabbit-warren...which, just as with other Communist public-works housing structures, will have walls of naked poured concrete and broken plumbing and heating...just do that, paid with E-dollars off a card or chip, with government computers determining if you're high-enough status to have meat or Twinkies at the government grocery stores....yada yada.

WHY WILL THEY DO IT?

Cars and trucks will remain - unusable except for government-permitted functions by government-permitted persons, but they'll be there. They'll be both the inspiration for revolt and the means for it to happen - riot, theft and movement of guerrillas.

Will the police, also living under the Green New Deal, even WANT to stop the uprising?

Will the police, if NOT made to live under the Green New Deal, be even safe or able to control the public - being an endless reminder of the slavery of non-Elites.

This is a stupid, dangerous game they play.
Well, it seems that, like in the Soviet Union, certain classes of people (defined by party status or skillsets) will get certain priviledge...one of these will be an I-C vehicle.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Well, it seems that, like in the Soviet Union, certain classes of people (defined by party status or skillsets) will get certain priviledge...one of these will be an I-C vehicle.
Well, there's a bit of difference there. Russians went directly from serfdom to the oppression of Communism. Russia never modernized prior to Communism - not that they did UNDER Communism.

So, the public had no expectation of the bounty of food and necessities that we have had. Nor the CHOICE.

They had nowhere to go. They were NEVER a mobile society. They were never allowed to BECOME a mobile society.

Siberia. Siberia could have been a beautiful resort area - camping, four-wheeling, skiing. Think of the best of the Northern Rockies and the Adirondack Preserve...that's Siberia.

Russians never wanted to go to Siberia. First, because, without modern infrastructure, Siberia wasn't beautiful - it was miserable and deadly. Second, because the government KEPT it deadly, with its gulags and salt mines-used-as-slow-execution-methods.

There was never the Russian push to go anywhere.

Second factor was, the low general intellect of the modern Russian people. Not that they're genetically stupid; it was just unnatural selection. Intelligent Russians said and did things that made the Soviet government unhappy - and those smart Russians were imprisoned or snuffed. In any event, few of them had the opportunity to pass their genetics along.

We do not have that - yet. There's some of it in action, as the dumbest mine-ore-itty Americans are the ones subsidized into having the largest number of offspring, but that program is not so far along. Nor is it as fast as political selection of the most-passive.

So, I don't think we can look to the Soviet example. This is new territory our Leftist Elites are charging into, and they aren't so smart, either.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
My generator runs just fine on propane. Turn off the electric here and there Meh

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i gotta upgrade my carb on my generator to accept propane, i got tanks of propane and it doesn't have to be rotated like my gas does