• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

More HP Shenanigans

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Keylogging = recording EVERY key pressed on your keyboard like passwords, run program commands, passwords, absolutely WHATEVER YOU type on your keyboard.

Here's the linky: https://www.rt.com/news/412778-hp-laptop-keylogger-code/

Hundreds of HP laptop models found to have hidden keylogging software
Published time: 11 Dec, 2017 19:21 Edited time: 12 Dec, 2017 10:22
Get short URL

Hewlett-Packard Co. logo is displayed on the back of the Envy x2 laptop © Bloomberg / Gettyimages.ru
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook2.1KShare to TwitterShare to Reddit57Share to StumbleUponShare to Google+Share to Tumblr
A security researcher has revealed that some HP laptops have hidden software which can log everything typed on its keypads. More than 460 models have been affected, dating back to 2012, according to the list released by HP.
The discovery was made by researcher Michael Myng who found the keylogging code in the pre-installed Synaptics Touchpad software on HP laptops.

Keyloggers record every key that is pressed on a keyboard. This means HP laptop users are at risk of having their passwords, bank details, private communications and search history recorded without their knowledge. The keylogger is disabled by default but there’s risk it can be enabled by a hacker.

Myng, who is known online as "ZwClose," learned about the keylogger when he was examining the Synaptics Touchpad software to find out how to control the keyboard backlight. Myng has issued a software patch to remove the keylogger, and HP has released a driver update for affected laptops.

HP says neither the company nor Synaptics had access to the files, and that it was built into the Synaptics software to help debug errors.

"HP uses Synaptics' touchpads in some of its mobile PCs and has worked with Synaptics to provide fixes to their error for impacted HP systems, available via the security bulletin on HP.com," HP said. The company provided a list of models affected.

This is the second keylogger code found in HP laptops this year. In May, Swiss security firm Modzero discovered a keylogger built into the HP audio driver.

Also this year, the company was found to have installed spyware applications on Windows 10 computers. Following a November update, users began noting a HP TouchPoint Analytics Client was installed and uploading information to HP servers daily.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
So? This is why sometimes when I move the cusor the whole screen just goes spazstick? I'm thinking so.
The keylogger software hidden in the HP tools code is capturing everything being typed on the computer. Some possible data it can capture from every user...social security number, bank account information, any and all passwords....see some downside?

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Seems to me that when I first read about this that, that article mentioned that there had to be physical access to the computer to get it started and then from there it cookied out over the net. But then all I know is the numbers you have mentioned are ones I do not use or posses. It's tuff living like I do but I do persevere.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Seems to me that when I first read about this that, that article mentioned that there had to be physical access to the computer to get it started and then from there it cookied out over the net. But then all I know is the numbers you have mentioned are ones I do not use or posses. It's tuff living like I do but I do persevere.
Understood! The risk is to others not as separated from the Matrix as you my friend!

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Well what I want to know is where is that NSA backdoor key? We all know it is in every root system and being it is a root then that requires a loot of digging.

Seems micro-turd put one in for themselves and put one in for the spooks being they could not sell on these shores if'n it wasn't there. I have never heard hide nor hare about how to get around it.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
And people wonder why I use Linux. Software is not compatible with a windows based OS.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, you gotta wipe the drive on your shiny new computer ASAP and install your own OS. Even if there's minimal overtly malicious code there's always tons of bloatware that slow the thing to a crawl over time.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Yeah, you gotta wipe the drive on your shiny new computer ASAP and install your own OS. Even if there's minimal overtly malicious code there's always tons of bloatware that slow the thing to a crawl over time.
I always did that for the very same reason!!!!

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
If you really knew.... Every thing electronic that I have fixed has never worked again, well it never actually worked the first time which is why I took the chance to fix it. I hear-ded that tires are only flat on one side but I will still run them till they break that bead and I can get at the tube easy-er.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++