• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Mother Harasses Service Animals After Being Told She Can't Pet Them

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Mother Harasses Service Animals After Being Told She Can't Pet Them

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mother-harasses-animals-being-told-192157465.html

Elizabeth Cassidy,The Mighty 4 hours ago

A video of a mother accosting a group of service animals and their handlers has gone viral after being shared publicly on Facebook. The video shows the mother getting upset after being told “no,” she cannot pet a service dog.

Had this crazy experience yesterday at the mall where some lady asked if she could pet the dogs. People ask us all the time so I just said, “no.” All the dogs are working so it’s my go to answer. And they walked away. No big deal right? This lady went out of her way to come back with her child and yell at us for saying “no” and for not saying, “nO iM sOrRy ThEy’Re TrAiNiNg.” And we should “have a sign or something.” You mean the 20 patches on my dog that say don’t pet? ???? Entitlement these days is real. They even got mall security because we said they couldn’t pet the working dogs. ???????? Security said that the lady was crying ???? So much harassment for just saying no. This video is public and is shareable. There was no common sense here.

Posted by ML Leigh on Thursday, December 20, 2018​
The footage was shared by ML Leigh, one of the service dog handlers at the mall. The video has amassed nearly 9 million views and almost 9,000 retweets on Twitter since Thursday.

According to Leigh’s post, the mother walked away after being told no, but then the “lady went out of her way to come back with her child and yell at us for saying ‘no’ and for not saying, ‘nO iM sOrRy ThEy’Re TrAiNiNg.’ And we should ‘have a sign or something.'”

Leigh’s dog had “do not pet” patches on its vest and there were four signs posted telling others to not pet the dogs, according to the video.
The mother seemed upset about the “tone” of the firm no, and asked to talk to a higher-up of the group. One of the handlers told the mother she was the owner of the business. The handlers were participating in a group meet-up to get to know other service animal handlers, according to Bored Panda.

“Entitlement these days is real,” Leigh posted on Facebook. “So much harassment for just saying no.”

Service animals are working dogs who are trained to do specific tasks or provide other assistance to a person with a disability. Distracting a service animal can be dangerous because they aren’t able to focus on their handler. Some service animals are able to detect drops in blood sugar in people with diabetes, and others can alert their handler if they are about to have a seizure. They might not be able to do these jobs effectively if they are distracted.

In the video, the mother says she will “call her lawyer” after telling Leigh she can’t film her without her consent. In the U.S., it is legal to film another person in a public area where a level of privacy is not guaranteed. Harassing a service animal, however, is illegal.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
No way in the world would I ever try to pet anyone's dog unless the dog came up to me and excepted me first.
Service dogs are a whole different issue - as in - keep your hands off, period.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My dog loves everyone. But a service dog is different. I agree that the bitch is wrong.
Learned a very long time ago to always let the dog decide rather he/she wants to make up to me, never the other way. They may be a dog, but they have a personality.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I helped my mom raise a dog for Guiding Eyes for the Blind out of NY. Female black lab that in the end failed to make the cut and we kept as a pet till she passed from kidney failure several years later. During the test they shake a coffee tin of money at the dog, open up umbrellas, shoot a starter pistol etc. Boor Buffy was afraid of the vacuum cleaner. She was trained to eat and go to the bathroom on command.

Moral of the story is that often service dogs wear an article that clearly displays what they are and says NOT TO PET THEM.\

1545634169644.png

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yeah, most dogs like to be petted, but some shouldn’t be, or just don’t want to be. There are dogs that live to be fussed over, but we had an Australian Shepherd, called Bear, that did not want to have somebody rubbing on his head or anywhere else. He was just a very serious dog and petting was a distraction for him, an annoyance. His attitude was leave me the hell alone. Great dog, though and we loved him to death. Luckily, he wasn’t a mean dog and never expressed his annoyance to anyone. Other dogs might take your fingers off.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
What difference does it make if it’s a service dog??? If you ask to touch my property and I tell you no, then screw off!!!

Is it ok if I touch your boob or kid if there’s no sign? Just sayin.....

SMH...crazy b***h has kids too so infecting next gen.

ARGHHHHH!!!!

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
OK, without even playing the video, you've got a retard wearing a knit cap indoors. I don't need to see anymore to make the judgement that this is someone with poor decision making ability.