• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Motion to award BarnacleBob and Nailbender status upgrades !

Should these guys be knighted ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
These guys have been here for a long time, but are treated as newbies by the number of posts since they have come back to the newer site. I think they deserve to be given pimp status or higher :cool1:

( give them a red or blue or purple color for their name )

so's the new guys know they are seasoned trustworthy guys.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Niether of these guys are members of the pimp-worshipping generation. It may come as a surprise to some of you younger and teevee educated guys, but pimp status is not terms of endearment.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Niether of these guys are members of the pimp-worshipping generation. It may come as a surprise to some of you younger and teevee educated guys, but pimp status is not terms of endearment.
Not meant in any bad way. Modern use of the word pimp includes someone who is given respect and is dressed or carries themselves in a way that others give them credit/power with people who have never met / do not know them.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Not meant in any bad way. Modern use of the word pimp includes someone who is given respect and is dressed or carries themselves in a way that others give them credit/power with people who have never met / do not know them.
I know you didn't mean to show them disrespect, I just felt compelled to point out how sick our Hollywood-inspired culture is and remind you not to emulate them. Don't let the power of suggestion manipulate you.

Solo

Midas Member
Midas Member
I know you didn't mean to show them disrespect, I just felt compelled to point out how sick our Hollywood-inspired culture is and remind you not to emulate them. Don't let the power of suggestion manipulate you.
The language itself has changed though regardless of reason. I doubt any of the older folks around here would say, "I'm feeling quite gay today" as opposed to "I'm in a great mood" as the connotations associated with 'gay' have changed tremendously in a single generation.

Anyway I understand where you're coming from hoarder and appreciate you simply reminding us of the word's past :).

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The language itself has changed though regardless of reason.
I'm getting pretty far of topic here, LOL. I'll add that language change fuels the generation gap. Another way to divide and conquer. That's why I think we should resist it. I won't go so far as to use "gay" in it's original context, though. :eek:

Josey

Silver Member
Silver Miner

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member

Status
Not open for further replies.