• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Motorcycle Lust

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
That's what I worry about.

Even if you are vigilant, they still are out to get you. If not the 2 leggas, it's the 4 legga deer...

Every few months around here we hear about a his n her riding and being 'taken out' because 'someone' didn't see them, or didn't yield right of way, or simply ran a stop sign.

I have an 1989 R100RT that looks a lot like this one... same luggage, faring, color...

View attachment 142823

Needs fresh gas, a battery and a tune.

Been sitting in the garage for about 7 yrs. My riding partner sold his.

Are you selling yours?.....

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
them babys are f'n fast.
they were for their time. 20 years ago i rode a 750 ninja and about shit my drawers. they keep gettin' faster and faster!
have you watched this crazy man?

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
heres one more the best time on the french peripherique. the circle that goes around paris. theres a contest to see who can run it in the fastest time! worth the watch! 275 kph is about 175mph!

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
i can watch this nut all night! 5.5 million views. hes the king!

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
If it's not the texting youth, it's the half blind seniors with slow to no reaction time.

I stay off the roads during peak traffic times, even in the cage.

Man's got to know his limitations.
lost a good friend who was killed by a F.O.P.! (fucking old person)! 11 am and the fop was already hammered on martinis!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Are you selling yours?.....
I've thought about it.

Compressed some lumbar discs awhile back and not able to ride. @25K miles on the odometer...

I have an Aerostich full body suit (Large) and a helmet too. Interested?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Honda made my dream motorcycle a couple years ago and yeah I could go buy one tomorrow. The Africa Twin.
It's a motorcycle that has evolved from decades of research on what works on and off road. It's the best of the best, period.
But after careful consideration I realized the odds were really high I would kill or maim myself if I got one.
So I will stick with my trusty KLR 650. She's old school, reliable, powerful but not too fast or too sudden. In other words, perfect.

Honda Africa Twin
Motorcycle
Description
The Honda Africa Twin is a dual-sport motorcycle made by Honda in three versions, 1988 to 1989 as the 650 cc V-twin XRV650, then from 1990 to 2003 as the 750 cc V-twin XRV750T, and then from 2016 to present as the 1,000 cc parallel-twin CRF1000L. Wikipedia

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
damnnnnn

What does that thing weigh?
i can't picture being off road with anything larger than maybe a 600 enduro which is heavy enough in the sand

nor can I see myself scooting up to 100mph across some savannah...that's when people just 'disappear', they're still there, but you can't see them from ground level because they landed, hard, in a wash...possibly dead so you kinda wouldn't want to find 'em anyway...jk

it would be fun, and even my own criticism wouldn't stop me if I were offered the chance to try it out...

:2 thumbs up:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
damnnnnn

What does that thing weigh?
i can't picture being off road with anything larger than maybe a 600 enduro which is heavy enough in the sand

nor can I see myself scooting up to 100mph across some savannah...that's when people just 'disappear', they're still there, but you can't see them from ground level because they landed, hard, in a wash...possibly dead so you kinda wouldn't want to find 'em anyway...jk

it would be fun, and even my own criticism wouldn't stop me if I were offered the chance to try it out...

502 pounds. My KLR 650 weighs 432 pounds.

9-26-15- (10).jpg

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Last edited:

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
502 pounds. My KLR 650 weighs 432 pounds.

View attachment 142867
double damnnn

That's it for the weight? Not as much as I figured but, when in the dirt, i expect to eat some so i expect to pick it all up...

The heaviest bike i've owned for off road was 300 lbs, Suzuki SP500
it was also my first 4 stroke off road bike and ran great till the cam wallowed out the non-bushed casting

but o.k., it really doesn't matter anyway, as long as the rubber side stays down
but, i managed to undo that rule a lot, in the dirt,

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
About ten ish years ago, I was riding my 1989 Ultra Harley. I looked back and there was a guy tailgating me.

The problem was, I had no idea how long he had been tailgating me. THAT will get you killed quick.

After almost twenty years I sold that bike a month later to a good friend. I still hear the call of the road. ALL THE TIME.

But now I drive SIX WHEELS, not two.

Deuce unchained.jpg

Twelve years ago...

Biker Jim 01a.jpg

Buffalo Hyde leathers the wife gave me for my birthday - hence the reason for the picture

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
About ten ish years ago, I was riding my 1989 Ultra Harley. I looked back and there was a guy tailgating me.

The problem was, I had no idea how long he had been tailgating me. THAT will get you killed quick.

After almost twenty years I sold that bike a month later to a good friend. I still hear the call of the road. ALL THE TIME.

That is why one with two wheels and no steel cage, should always move a bit faster than surrounding traffic.
Once you match speed, you become forgotten, unseen, tailgated, and harassed.
A bit faster endlessly changes ones position, demanding focus which equates safety.

Man, who gives a damn if someone tailgates the six... their insurance company ?

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Driving to work this AM on a section of I10 with no cars other than me for a 1/2 to 3/4 mile stretch, running 80. In mirror saw a motorcycle coming in left lane and moving HARD. I've never been passed that fast, I estimate by somewhere around by 100 MPH, maybe more. So he was going somewhere around 180 MPH.

My immediate thought was that he sure must have trusted me. A lane change, texting, whatever and he'd have no chance of survival. But I did incredibly stupid shit when I was young too, a lot of it. I have no idea how I survived.

To quote a line from the TV series "6 Feet Under" from about 15 years ago, "You will always exist in a universe in which you exist."

My last scooter, a Suzuki GS1100, had maybe 100 HP and topped out somewhere in the 140 MPH range. Even tucked in, the buffeting got so bad at that speed that it blurred my vision to the point that I couldn't see. I have no idea how racers deal with that.

stoli

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
My first bike was a 82 gs1100e Suzuki. I redlined it a few times in top gear and had to clean my shorts after I got off the dam thing. The acceleration was sweet but the deceleration would scare the crap out of ya. Front end wobble would just about toss you off the bike.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

But now I drive SIX WHEELS, not two.

View attachment 142959

Twelve years ago...

View attachment 142960

Buffalo Hyde leathers the wife gave me for my birthday - hence the reason for the picture
We're u in a Dirty Harry movie by chance?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member