• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Motorcycle Mania

Where is your favorite State to Ride??

• South Dakota???? Black Hills

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Tennessee??? LBL or the Mountains

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • California??

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Arizona??

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Florida??

• Texas??

• Alabama??

• North Georgia??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Carolinas??

• New Mexico??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I still Have and ride that 950 V-Star Yamaha. however would like to downsize to a lighter bike as I'm over 70 now and have no problems with the weight, just know that downsizing would be a good option for me. Here is the one I have looked at that - well it was a 2017, but seemed quite nice for the style of riding I do. As I've said somewhere in the past, almost all of the riding in my area is paved roads, we do not have those neat forest roads anywhere near me. So, I have looked at the KLR, but I like a lower riding bike for my type of riding.

nnzdmhr2.sg1.jpg

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
I still Have and ride that 950 V-Star Yamaha. however would like to downsize to a lighter bike as I'm over 70 now and have no problems with the weight, just know that downsizing would be a good option for me. Here is the one I have looked at that - well it was a 2017, but seemed quite nice for the style of riding I do. As I've said somewhere in the past, almost all of the riding in my area is paved roads, we do not have those neat forest roads anywhere near me. So, I have looked at the KLR, but I like a lower riding bike for my type of riding.

View attachment 96336
Kind of like a V-Max. I like it! I got myself a new steed the other day, to add to the stable. Must be a mid-life crisis or something like that!

00L0L_hNPoeU18py1_1200x900.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I have had to use all of my willpower to NOT buy one of these Honda Africa Twins. From everything I have heard and read they are just flat out the best and most pleasant dual sport motorcycles ever built.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Yep. Thing is I can only use one at a time and the motorcycle I have is awesome. The KLR 650 is just wonderful old school fun.
Big frame, big engine, big gas tank, big old single piston thud thud thud!
Parts like tires, sprockets & chain, brake pads etc are cheap and the damn thing is about bulletproof.

RS3.jpg

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
If only it was warm enough. Some days nothing gets done until I've taken a ride.
In my old age, I've lost the muscle tone & adrenaline & cojones to ride my Yamaha XT 600 that way... Ready for trade-in.
Therefore looking at a Vespa 125 scooter, haha!
Anyways, the smaller bikes give you the same "feel", but within the speed limits!

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
My brother - in his 60's too, asked me the other night "What's up with new bikes? I'd like a Boss Hoss V8." - I replied, "yeah, and the 5 guys along with it to pick it up from your crushed leg..."

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
In my old age, I've lost the muscle tone & adrenaline & cojones to ride my Yamaha XT 600 that way... Ready for trade-in.
Therefore looking at a Vespa 125 scooter, haha!
Anyways, the smaller bikes give you the same "feel", but within the speed limits!
Check into those Honda "GROM's" (125cc) . I don't know what the deal is, but it seems they are quite popular. Being used as pit bikes alot, seen them at NHRA drag racing events. There are similar type bikes from other manufacturers too.

2014-Honda-Grom-125-action-1-1024x682.jpg

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Check into those Honda "GROM's" (125cc) . I don't know what the deal is, but it seems they are quite popular. Being used as pit bikes alot, seen them at NHRA drag racing events. There are similar type bikes from other manufacturers too.

View attachment 96400
uh... an extension for my wife? ;)

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
Dude was just riding back and forth on that road, waiting for his first greenhorn victim. Guy on the crotch rocket knew how to gas it on the straights, and that's about it. Is that a Vespa scooter? Sounded like he gave it a new set of lungs, and tapped into that two stroke power.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Marilla Road Summertime

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Phantom Bikes - Jay Leno's Garage
Jay Leno's Garage

Published on Sep 6, 2015
Justin Bell joins Jay for a motorized bicycle race of epic proportions, pitting John King's touring model against his racer. Who will be the victor?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Custom Bikes - One Offs, Trikes, Choppers, Electric & Show Winners
Samuel Cernuto

Published on Jan 31, 2018

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I would really like to have something in this picture. Not what you're thinking, see that Mototote on the back of the SUV, yeah, there is an SUV in the picture. I'd like to have some way to carry a motorcycle on the back of my van, pickup or motor home, just because. Even if the bike was little more than a scooter.

74bbf0e798860eecc9d4e0a640e37524.jpg

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I would really like to have something in this picture. Not what you're thinking, see that Mototote on the back of the SUV, yeah, there is an SUV in the picture. I'd like to have some way to carry a motorcycle on the back of my van, pickup or motor home, just because. Even if the bike was little more than a scooter.

View attachment 99525
Pick up my camper in March... with a similar (but with more lighting I think) cross-wise scooter carrier (up to 170kg) mounted on rear. Listed @ over 2k euros, dealer "throwing it in"... Pictures in a month...

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Pick up my camper in March... with a similar (but with more lighting I think) cross-wise scooter carrier (up to 170kg) mounted on rear. Listed @ over 2k euros, dealer "throwing it in"... Pictures in a month...
I actually just found a link to that by doing a search. Link - http://www.mototote.com/
My road bike is a bit to heavy for even the larger model, 600# limit, I think my bike is around 650# dry, would not want to haul that around on a receiver carrier. Wife's scooter would easily work if it was worth hauling something like that around. I may look for bike or scooter in the 250 plus or minus, but Yamaha does make a 200cc that is kind of a duel sport, might be the ticket.

I did buy an older '89 motorhome, it's in the shop, had some work needed I didn't quite feel comfortable doing myself. Should be getting it back in a week or two. I have to call and check on it sometime this week if they don't call me first. The camper part of it needs several repairs as well, I'll be doing most of that. Wife and I may use it a lot or a little, depending. May only use it here in Ohio during the summer. Pics - maybe later.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
SR 39 from Monrovia to 67.

@3:25 on the right is my cousin's house

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Got my camper 2 weeks ago. Been touring Barcelona area and Mediterranean coastal areas of France. 2-3 towns a day. Museums and churches (wife). Roman and medieval sites 4 me... and the Antiquities Museum in Arles. H
On my phone so can't upload the pics of gold coins and jewellery.
Oh, I removed the scooter carrier from the van before the trip since I don't have a scooter yet. Makes for easier city parking. 6 meters is already more than a meter longer than most spaces.
Pics when I log in with my 'puter.
Be well friends!

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Got my camper 2 weeks ago. Been touring Barcelona area and Mediterranean coastal areas of France. 2-3 towns a day. Museums and churches (wife). Roman and medieval sites 4 me... and the Antiquities Museum in Arles. H
On my phone so can't upload the pics of gold coins and jewellery.
Oh, I removed the scooter carrier from the van before the trip since I don't have a scooter yet. Makes for easier city parking. 6 meters is already more than a meter longer than most spaces.
Pics when I log in with my 'puter.
Be well friends!
Btw I am going to buy a side-saddle scooter passenger kit for wifey before buying the scooter to make sure it will adapt... Old folks we be... haha!