• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Movies you don't mind watching repeatedly

Solo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The original Star Wars is definitely a movie I've seen more times than I care to admit, so naturally I'm a huge Space Balls fan too.

Another movie I find myself watching whenever it's on is Shawshank Redemption. There's just something so satisfying about seeing the crooked LEO's get what they deserve :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Thornapple

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Honestly any of the Mel Brooks movies are fun to watch over and over.

Frau Blucher! *Horse whinny*

MoMoney

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
The Wizard of Oz (due to my Mk Ultra/butterfly pre-programming).

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Silverado, awesome movie.

I can watch older movies because they have to tell a story, I gave up on newer movies years ago.

smyles

Reaction score
The original Star Wars is definitely a movie I've seen more times than I care to admit, so naturally I'm a huge Space Balls fan too.

Another movie I find myself watching whenever it's on is Shawshank Redemption. There's just something so satisfying about seeing the crooked LEO's get what they deserve :p

Morgan's such a moron, but if you can't get past actor's and actress's political views, you won't be watching many movies.:headsand:

It's a Wonderful Life, A Clockwork Orange, Little Big Man, Jeremiah Johnson, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, 300, Winters Bone.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The only movies I actually own are Slapshot, Miracle (hockey puck here), Caddyshack, Deliverance, and Dances with Wolves... I love Mel Brooks, Star Wars and many other movies as well, but don't own them.

minimus

Banned
Reaction score
_Loose Change_ original and all editions of the edited version.

It has completely changed my life ...

I use to be a nobody then one day I was exposed to the "Truth" and became an armchair freedom fighter. I quit my job and dropped out of college because everybody there was just stupid sheeple. I lost my apartment, sold my car and moved to Ground Zero were I met Dylan Avery and got high with Korey and Jason. I get to crash at their place if Jason's mom isn't visiting but have to take the soda cans to the recycle center to help out with the rent.

Its so liberating to know the world is so corrupt and the government is so evil that I have the perfect excuse to not make anything of myself or have a normal life. I can kick back and fight the evil PTB !!! Its like so kewl !

faith

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Morgan's such a moron, but if you can't get past actor's and actress's political views, you won't be watching many movies.:headsand:

It's a better point than I think you meant it to be.
I haven't had a tv in years but I still have a dvd player and thinking about letting that go as well for many reasons. I know I'm in a minority, but I am convinced that being 'watchers' of life, thanks to the invention of tv, has not only helped but guaranteed that we'd arrive at the end culture times we are in.
I didn't listen to what freeman above has to say and I don't want to know. I accidentally came across john cusak, jeannine garofalo's views and now i won't buy or watch anything with them in it because of their views. I know 2 people who attend church and watch larry david's show.
old but good book - Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television by Jerry Mander. sorry to stray off what was originally a light-hearted topic and I didn't intend to, but the above comment just kicked up for me how I've felt for a few years now that millions of us keep making people who hate us rich and/or powerful.

Thornapple

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I have a collection of the old Vincent Price horror movies, I often have them playing in the background late at night while I'm doing something else.

prophet

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
junglebook_rage_23oct92.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last Stand On Earth

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Unforgiven and The Outlaw Josey Wales

x

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Silverado, awesome movie.

I can watch older movies because they have to tell a story, I gave up on newer movies years ago.

Why the hell did'nt they make a seqeul to that one I'll never know.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
which steaming pile of sh-t do i want to enjoy over and over? t and a only. agenda driven garbage created and delivered from the scum of the earth doesn't rank with me

unless there's eye candy...:)

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Many that were mention already and Contact.

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Serenity,Fire Fly
Ronin
Heat
Quiet Earth...in that order mind you...Ha!

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The people vs Larry Flint
one flew over the cuckoo's nest
Groundhog day

I mean come on Hustler magazine?

Unclad Lad

Rhodium Imam
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The 5th Element
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Yojimbo
Repo Man

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
_Loose Change_ original and all editions of the edited version.

I use to be a nobody then one day I was exposed to the "Truth" and became an armchair freedom fighter. I quit my job and dropped out of college because everybody there was just stupid sheeple. I lost my apartment, sold my car and moved to Ground Zero were I met Dylan Avery and got high with Korey and Jason. I get to crash at their place if Jason's mom isn't visiting but have to take the soda cans to the recycle center to help out with the rent.

Its so liberating to know the world is so corrupt and the government is so evil that I have the perfect excuse to not make anything of myself or have a normal life. I can kick back and fight the evil PTB !!! Its like so kewl !

:haha: LMFAO!!

3Putt

Reaction score
Godfather I
Godfather II
Braveheart
Goodfellas

Ive seen the above so many times I can recite the lines before the actors do, drives my wife nuts.

Triop

Reaction score
Firefly
You've Got Mail
Groundhog Day
The Man Who Knew Too Little
Ferris Bueller
A Fish Called Wanda
Galaxy Quest
The Long Kiss Goodnight
National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation
Rat Race
Payback
What Women Want
Pretty Woman
The Hunt For Red October
Romancing The Stone
The Shawshank Redemption
Sneakers
That Thing You Do
What Happens in Vegas
Mars Attacks

Just to name a few...
Tri-Optimum

Book

Banned
Reaction score

Ben_Hur.jpg

For me it is this Jewish prince who is betrayed and sent into slavery by a Roman friend, he regains his freedom and comes back for revenge.

I use to be a nobody then one day I was exposed to the "Chosen People" and became an armchair Christian-Zionist. I quit my job and dropped out of college because everybody there was just stupid anti-Semitic goyim. I lost my apartment, sold my car and moved to NYC where I met Glenn Beck and got high on Jesus with some Mormons. I get to crash at their Church during August while Glenn is in Jerusalem washing the feet of poor holocaust survivors:

glenn-beck-150x113.jpg

Its so liberating to know Israel is so holy and special and our US government is so committed to giving them billions of dollars every year to exterminate those evil mooslims in Palestine. I can kick back and fight evil Israel Haters and America Bashers on the internet in forums like this. Its like so righteous dude. I owe it all to Charlton Heston in that Ben-Hur flick.

:smile: THANKS CHARLTON! GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS! REMEMBER 9-11 - KOSHER IS KEWL!

MoMoney

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
The movie "Pretty Woman" changed my life...

I used to attend Harvard and was on the Phi Betta Kappa track with getting stomach ulcers and anxiety along with the other stupid sheeple that attend. So I quit going to Harvard and quit my pharmacy tech job and decided to go hang with Mo-Donna and do hatha yoga and jog around Central Park. I married a rich bloke that I met at Tavern on the Green and Trader Vic's while drinking Chocotini's.

And this movie also allowed me to become a part of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey". My hubby is threatening suicide but I don't take him seriously as this has never happened to a reality show star. :36_3_13:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
O Brother Where art Thou - seen that MANY times.

I still laugh when I watch Rat Race.

Most Star Wars.

Those purty singin' sireens at the stream... :broken_heart:

CiscoKid

They all look good through beer goggles...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Any of the Thin Man series with William Powell and Myrna Loy. Any of the old black and white Marx Brothers movies. Most of the black and white Hitchcock movies. The Maltese Falcon.

I also watch the 1995 film "Species", starring Ben Kingsley, Michael Madson, and Natasha Henstridge. I consider it a documentary and use it to help me understand women. :D

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It's a wonderful life, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory... he found the golden ticket.

Canadian-guerilla

hunter-gatherer
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The Searchers
Dances with Wolves
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Mad Max: Road Warrior
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Quest for Fire
Terminator 1-2
Jeremiah Johnson
Man in the Wilderness
Whose Life is it Anyway
Die Hard 2
Payback
Animal House
The Blues Brothers
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Night of the Living Dead ( original )
They Live
Field of Dreams
The Natural
3 Days of the Condor
Enemy of the State
Kellys Heroes
The Great Escape
Simone
The Net
Heat
A Bronx Tale
The Princess Bride
The Truman Show
Fried Green Tomatos
Grease

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Why the hell did'nt they make a seqeul to that one I'll never know.

It would have been too expensive, look at all the huge name stars that were in it.

Silverado is a must see for anybody who really likes movies.

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Jaws (1975)
The Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
The 13th Warrior (1999)
The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
Ghostbusters (1984)
The Ghost and the Darkness (1996)
Run Silent Run Deep (1958)
The Jackal ( 1997)

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Into the Wild

namwalker

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
For me it's:

Most John Wayne Movies, rio lobo, the searchers
Silverado
The good the bad and the ugly
for a few dollars more

However, my absolutely must see movie is Zulu. I've gotten up a 2am to see it and I own the movie.

Have you noticed that most of the favorite movies have been produced 30 years ago or more. I guess that it takes time for something to grow on you.

Old TV shows would have to be "twilight zone", columbo, and MASH.

Rod Sterling had to have had a really distrubed upbringing to come up some of the stories that he came up with. A real good imagination with a twist.