• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Movies you don't mind watching repeatedly

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
OK, I’ll have a go at it.

Godzilla 1998. The one with Mathew Broderick and Hank Azaria. It gets panned by a lot of Godzilla fans, but I love this flick and can watch it repeatedly and laugh at all the crazy stuff going on. It’s the perfect mix of mayhem, chaos and comedy and I think one of Roland Emmerich’s (Independence Day) best films. Great popcorn movie.

Lord of the Rings, of course! All three movies, since I star in all three. Plus, they’re all incredibly well made and acted movies, true to the books.

Ben Hur, with Charlton Heston, Stephen Boyd and your literal cast of thousands. Perfect movie, it has everything.

Saving Private Ryan, even with Tom Hanks. It’s a well done movie, honoring the men who landed on that beach in June of ‘44 and fought through France, Belgium and Germany.

Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2. Both absolutely hilarious nonsense and fun as hell.

Lake Placid, with Bill Pullman and Oliver Platt. Lots of fun, about a giant crocodile in a small Maine lake.

Any John Wayne movie &
Any Clint Eastwood movie, as many others here have said.

Predator, just the original one.

First Blood, just the original one.

Terminator, just the original one.

Rocky! Just the original one.

Spartacus. “I’m Spartacus!”

The Adventures of Robinhood, with the immortal Errol Flynn, Alan Hale Sr, Basil Rathbone, Claude Raines, Olivia DeHaviland and Patrick Knowles. An awesomely fun movie.

Most Werewolf movies. I hate vampires, they suck!

Oh, Uncle Buck! I’m right there with you, Taezzar. I love John Candy.

Most Star Trek movies, including the ones with Chris Pine. I like the Star Trek characters and universe, overall, even though it’s saturated with one world government ideas.

I’m sure there’s stuff I’m forgetting.

Bogart! I had to add Bogart, after Lancers did. Casablanca, To Have and Have Not, Key Largo, The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon! How much good stuff did he make? The inimitable Humphrey Bogart.

And I just thought of Groundhog Day. I’m not a big Bill Murray fan, but that movie was really good and so was Murray and I don’t know if anybody else could have pulled that role off the way he did. I try to watch it every year, around Groundhog Day.

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Bogart. Anything except the really early stuff.
Humphrey Bogart; Casablanca, To Have and Have Not, The Big Sleep, Key Largo. Oh yeah, wonderful stuff from long ago. Very cool actor and the atmosphere was so different.

wastrel

rather annoying
Reaction score
Oooh, lists! I love lists...

Airplane!
Big Trouble in Little China
The Fifth Element
Highlander
Gods and Generals
Romeo and Juliet (1968 version)
Sin City

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Searchers
Shane
Dune the old one
Mad Max The Road Warrior
Blade
Sin City
The Man who would be King
Rude Boy
The Harder they Fall
Gladiator
The Fifth Element
Videodrome

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The Searchers
Shane
Dune the old one
Mad Max The Road Warrior
Blade
Sin City
The Man who would be King
Rude Boy
The Harder they Fall
Gladiator
The Fifth Element
Videodrome
The Searchers and Gladiator, good ones!

TomD

Let's Go Branden!
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
No Anime, anyone?

Spirited Away
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop

Other

In Search of the Holy Grail-Monty Python
Blade Runner
Master and Commander
Lord of the Rings
Das Boot
Red Dawn

D Day (Tom Hanks) and Band of Brothers (my Dad was there in the 101st)

I've watched every one of these movies 5+, some of them ++, times

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Thanks - found all 3 on the pirate bay (VPN of course - www.knaben.ru) .... downloading now ;)

All 3 of those - Parallax View with Warren Beatty (1974), Three Days of the Condor with Redford, Faye Dunaway (1075), The Conversation (1974, Francis Ford Coppola), are similar to Enemy of the State. Maybe even more anti-establishment, based on when they were made.

The Conversation is the most different from films made today. Longer, slower, darker, more complicated, more ambiguous.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Senna
FM
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Ford vs Ferrari was darn good!

Inigma

Seeker
Reaction score
Idiocy The days we are living in.

Jupiter Ascending, We are all just cattle for the galactic elites.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
title in English "It was a date".

This was a great short. This is the best "remastered" version I've ever seen = all the others are way too dark.

Filmed without any police warnings or spotters at the multiple red lights he ran.

Only "special effects" was the dubbing of the sound track.

At 5am, in a Mercedes (sold for $$$ at an auction a few years ago), but the sound track is from a race car. No speeding up of camera placed on front bumper, it's "real time".

Fastest ride through Paris I've ever witnessed... and I know all those avenues & streets...

The short actually played originally as an "extra" just before the 1st ALIEN movie in Paris in the theaters, where I saw it first, gripping the armrests.

btw - the film maker (& driver) Claude Lelouche also competed in car races, if I'm not mistaken...

Also, if I'm not mistaken, that's his wife climbing up the last steps of the staircase to the Sacre' Coeur Church at the top of Montmartre, to meet him at the precise time of their "date"...

Last edited:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The "john wick" movies were listed in this thread, so I downloaded them.

Watched the 1st one all the way through, was not at all impressed. Started on the second one, shut it off. Will delete all three...

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
title in English "It was a date".

This was a great short. This is the best "remastered" version I've ever seen = all the others are way too dark.

Filmed without any police warnings or spotters at the multiple red lights he ran.

Only "special effects" was the dubbing of the sound track.

At 5am, in a Mercedes (sold for $$$ at an auction a few years ago), but the sound track is from a race car. No speeding up of camera placed on front bumper, it's "real time".

Fastest ride through Paris I've ever witnessed... and I know all those avenues & streets...

The short actually played originally as an "extra" just before the 1st ALIEN movie in Paris in the theaters, where I saw it first, gripping the armrests.

btw - the film maker (& driver) Claude Lelouche also competed in car races, if I'm not mistaken...

Also, if I'm not mistaken, that's his wife climbing up the last steps of the staircase to the Sacre' Coeur Church at the top of Montmartre, to meet him at the precise time of their "date"...
Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9 as The Car

Gunilla Friden as The Girl

Ferrari 275GTB as The overdub

On the chosen course there were two people who knew to expect Lelouch. First there was Élie Chouraqui, his first assistant, who was posted with a walkie-talkie in the Rue de Rivoli, behind the archway exiting from the gardens of the Louvre palace, meaning to assist the driver at the only blind junction (archway)

Ah, Parisian, eh? then you know of Le Prince Noir

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The "john wick" movies were listed in this thread, so I downloaded them.

Watched the 1st one all the way through, was not at all impressed. Started on the second one, shut it off. Will delete all three...
What?!?!?! You don’t like the John Wick movies? You are way too tender hearted, Dacrunch. You apparently aren’t bloody-minded enough to appreciate gun mayhem at it’s finest on the screen. May I recommend to you something more pleasant, like The Sound of Music? Or maybe Old Yeller?

Just kidding. Not everybody likes shoot’em ups. Had to fun with ya, a bit.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
What?!?!?! You don’t like the John Wick movies? You are way too tender hearted, Dacrunch. You apparently aren’t bloody-minded enough to appreciate gun mayhem at it’s finest on the screen. May I recommend to you something more pleasant, like The Sound of Music? Or maybe Old Yeller?

Just kidding. Not everybody likes shoot’em ups. Had to fun with ya, a bit.
I'd like a real "plot" to go along with the "shoot'em ups"... Just saying...

A "killed puppy" just "doesn't make the grade" for me...

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Not a big fan of the series either they're just OK. If we're talking about what movie would you watch if you were channel surfing and came upon Wick wouldn't be it. Shawshank yeah.

Rollie Free

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke! Shakin the bush boss!!!
Classic. Newman and Kennedy were great but Strother Martin really made it as the half empathetic, half sadistic prison boss. (His cameo in Cheech and Chong as the frustrated, stack blowing father was one of the funniest scenes of all time).

Here is a guilty pleasure. Twister.
It is a giant ball of bad, melodramatic acting, ridiculous script, cartoonish characters,, and impossible physical scenes. Helen Hunt plays....herself, the same character she plays every other movie and does it well.
Trying to review something like this in a serious bubble would be pointless. It's better to enjoy the brilliance of the badness.

Last edited:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Classic. Newman and Kennedy were great but Strother Martin really made it as the half empathetic, half sadistic prison boss. (His cameo in Cheech and Chong as the frustrated, stack blowing father was one of the funniest scenes of all time).

Here is a guilty pleasure. Twister.
It is a giant ball of bad, melodramatic acting, ridiculous script, cartoon8sh characters,, and impossible physical scenes. Helen Hunt plays....herself, the same character she plays every other movie and does it well.
Trying to review something like this in a serious bubble would be pointless. It's better to enjoy the brilliance of the badness.
then there are some movies that are so bad they are good

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Ya know, with all of these “retired badass” retribution movies and there are many of them; ‘Taken,’ ‘Nobody,’ ‘The Equalizer,’ those kinds of flicks, they need an atrocity to motivate and set said badass in motion, to perpetuate the retribution. A dead Beagle pup is as good an atrocity as any. Plus, they took his car. The fun of the movie is that Keanu Reeves really pulls it off, with gun and knife handling, hand to hand skills and so forth. And he’s a pretty cool guy. It’s one of those things you either like or don’t.

There’s a fairly new retribution flick out, right now, available on Prime Video at the moment, called ‘Old Henry,’ with Tim Blake Nelson as said badass. He’s kind of an unlikely protagonist type, but there’s a plot twist to the movie that makes it really interesting, from what I’ve read. I will watch it, over the weekend.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1637939504001.png

TomD

Let's Go Branden!
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I'm going to fart in your general direction!

What, behind the rabbit?

What . . . is your favorite color?

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ninotchka. 19 yo Garbo.

images (2).jpg

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Sunset Boulevard another favorite.