• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

MRA vs Doppler/ultra sound

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Been having gut issues with severe pain for years, recently sent for Doppler by my GI doc, it showed 50to 70 %+- Stenosisl, said i need surgery, so went to surgeon, he said he dont trust doppler and sent me for MRA which showed no significant stenosis so based on that he refused to operate. Now keep in mind over the last 2+ years I had multiple doppler , mra and an arteriogram which all showed stenosis in the 50/70% areas, Im quite baffled by it any have a similar experience?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Not a clue. But nothing should stop you from getting a second opinion. Would this be a Bariatric Surgeon/surgery you are seeing about ?
Your Healthcare/Medical insurance should carry a list of doctors in the field you need. ( Which usually helps your costs going through them).
My wife snooped on my Kidney Doctor when I found out I had a possible Cancer Tumor. She found this site that may come in handy for you too:
www.healthgrades.com
Just fill in the blanks and your area and the site will generate a list of potentials for you to check.

If you happen to know any people in the medical field ask if they would recommend or like doctors they seen or work with.
I found my Cardiologist that way.

Best of Luck,
Here's Hoping All Works Out For You.