• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Music vids

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The Heads with Johnette Napolitano - Damage I've Done (1996) HQ
MUNROWS RETRO

Published on Jan 8, 2018
The Heads was a 90's band composed of Talking Heads members Jerry Harrison, Tina Weymouth, and Chris Frantz ... minus only David Byrne. The album, "No Talking, Just Head," featured a different guest vocalist on each track which included Johnette Napolitano, Debbie Harry, Michael Hutchence, Richard Hell, and others. The first track, "Damage I've Done," was composed by Harrison, Weymouth, and Frantz, with lyrics written by the song's lead vocalist Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde fame. Napolitano also played buzz guitar on the selection. The song was also released as a single; however, no info on how well it performed in the charts. According to Wikipedia, The Heads toured the US in the fall of 1996 with Johnette Napolitano serving as the primary lead vocalist.

I find the song highly emotional and haunting ... haunting enough to pair it with footage from a 1992 film with performances as emotionally raw and suspenseful by actress Deborah Unger. Ironically, the film, Whispers In The Dark, opens with the same vocal sounds that mark the intro to the song "Damage I've Done" ... creating the perfect start for this video.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The J. Geils Band - Love Stinks/Come Back (1980) HQ
MUNROWS RETRO

Published on Jan 5, 2018
I certainly did NOT wait until the title track of this album was released as a single (nor had I any expectation that it would be) to start playing it at the club I worked at. I bought the Love Stinks album by The J. Geils Band in February 1980 and the first two tracks I often played together back to back: "Love Stinks" and "Come Back." Both songs had strong retro elements and at that time, early 1980, there was a strong interest in bands and artists doing early and mid 60's covers. "Love Stinks" was a strange marriage of two 60's styles of rock that ended up working very well together 1) the early 60's doo-wop and 2) the mid-60's garage rock/proto punk sound of "Wild Thing" made famous by The Troggs. "Come Back" is J. Geils at its greatest and zaniest as well ... top of the line, fast paced hard rock with an early 60's jazz sound added in near the end. The lyrical angst and longing also very 60's. So for me there was no playing one without the other.

In any event, I can't think of a better retro film (or cult classic) to use for both songs than certain excerpts from "The Violent Years" (1956), starring Jean Moorhead, Playboy’s Playmate of the Month for October 1955. Although directed by William Morgan, it was none other than Ed Wood Jr. who wrote the script. Not content with a conventional ending for bad girl Paula, I give her a slightly different "sentence" by the court ... and thrust her into another one of her movies, one that made her famous. See if you can guess which "other film" is used.

"Come Back" peaked at #32 on both Billboard and Cash Box on March 29, 1980 (CB date), making it to #24 in Canada, and was followed by "Love Stinks" at #37 on Cash Box on June 14, 1980. It reached #15 in Canada.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
GOLDEN HIT BACK SLOW ROCK NONSTOP MEDLEY II
Music & Memory

Published on Jan 8, 2018
© Follow Music & Memory!
Youtube → https://goo.gl/U9E6Cs
Twittter → https://goo.gl/dD37Vq
Playlist → https://goo.gl/FzTAC7

© Follow Music For Memory
Youtube → https://goo.gl/cU2pmf
Facebook→ https://www.facebook.com/TheBestHits/
Twittter → https://twitter.com/MusicLibrary4
Greatest Hits Oldies But Goodies → https://goo.gl/FzTAC7

Thanks for watching! Don't forget to SUBCRIBE, Like & Share my video if you enjoy it! Have a nice day!

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
And lastly that tune that has all the nfl punks kneeling

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
Jimi Hendrix

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TOO MUCH TALK--PAUL REVERE & THE RAIDERS(NEW ENHANCED VERSION) 720P
cinematic35

Published on Jan 8, 2018
This was the hardest song I have ever done. I never sat down and had to tear this song apart until I made this enhanced version. These guys were the best of the best. Incredible original theme, exotic chord arrangement, great original melody etc. There are techniques in this song that almost defy description and I was stunned by the way different syncopated timing of instruments and vocals were designed to bounce off each other. Tricks with the bass guitar is another story. Then there is something that sounds like an "alien"
machine (flanging audio FX) on the right channel which could be heard in this stereo version.

I used an actual stereo version and layered that to make this version
by filling in the empty spaces. I worked on it for 9 hours. Went to supper came back worked on another project (have to walk away and come back later cause you get numb playing it back and forth 500 times) but when I brought the multitrack program for the song back up there was a serious error that crept in the program and
ruined it.

I didn't get to make the final critical mix down so you are stuck with this version so I hope it's OK. If it's not liked I can just delete it. It sounded OK in the headphones and speakers. I wanted to mix down the left 12 string acoustic on the left channel and drums from the middle to the end but just didn't work out!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I like this girl.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Vintage Jazz Cafè Mix - 1920s, 30s, 40s | Swing & Jazz
HALIDONMUSIC

Published on Jan 12, 2018
Subscribe for more jazz and classical music: http://bit.ly/YouTubeHalidonMusic
Listen to our playlist “The Best of Jazz” on Deezer: http://bit.ly/2tu25aM
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/halidonmusic

Vintage Jazz Cafè Mix - 1920s, 30s, 40s | Swing & Jazz

1. Louis Armstrong – Chicago Breakdown 00:00
2. Billie Holiday – On The Sunny Side Of The Street 03:19
3. Fats Waller – How Can Yout Face Me 06:20
4. Lionel Hampton – Martin On Every Block 08:20
5. Duke Ellington – Mystery Song 10:57
6. Sidney Bechet – Indian Summer 14:10
7. Jimmie Lunceford – Ain’t She Sweet 17:14
8. Fats Waller – Sweet And Slow 19:42
9. Jimmie Noone – Sweet Lorraine 23:14
10. Charlie Christian – Soft Winds 26:27
11. Cab Calloway – The Jumpin’ Jive 28:54
12. Billie Holiday – He Ain’t Got Rhythm 31:44
13. Fats Waller – There’s Honey On The Moon Tonight 34:35
14. Lionel Hampton – Jivin’ With Jarvis 37:13
15. Earl Hines – You Can Depend On Me 39:51
16. Billie Holiday, Lester Young – Let’s Do It 42:24
17. Louis Armstrong – Monday Date 45:21
18. Jimmie No One – Hell In My Heart 48:34
19. Kid Ory – Savoy Blues 51:24
20. Coleman Hawkins – Save It Pretty Mama 54:20
21. Jelly Roll Morton – I’m Looking For A Little Bluebird 57:24
22. Coleman Hawkins – She’s Funny That Way 1:00:13
23. Fats Waller – Us On A Bus 1:03:32
24. Charlie Christian – Poor Butterfly 1:06:17
25. Coleman Hawkins – Six Or Seven Times 1:09:08
26. Rushing, Basie – Don’t You Miss You’re Baby 1:12:32
27. Rushing, Basie – Sent For You Yesterday 1:15:40
28. Count Basie – Easy Does It 1:18:35
29. Charlie Christian – The Dumpin’ Blues 1:22:02
30. Coleman Hawkins – My Galvston Gal 1:25:05
31. Charlie Christian – Six Appeal 1:28:08
32. Paul Whiteman – Costantinople 1:31:29

Thank you so much for watching this video by Halidon Music channel, we hope you enjoyed it!
Don't forget to share it and subscribe to our channel http://bit.ly/YouTubeHalidonMusic

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Sometimes I find it hard to believe these are the good folks who are going to nuke us

They are singing somethin about, "when you hear the alarm try not to worry about it."

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Issac Hayes got the OSCAR,

the Bo-Keys got the SHAFT​

^updated^

found a way in
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
April Wine - I Like To Rock

Audioslave - Show Me How to Live

And with the early dawn,
Moving right along, I couldn't buy an eye-full of sleep.
And in the aching night under satellites, I was not received.
Built with stolen parts, a telephone in my heart, someone get me a priest to put my mind to bed.
This ringing in my head, is this a cure or is this a disease?

Nail in my hand, from my creator.
You gave me life, now show me how to live.
Nail in my hand, from my creator.
You gave me life, now show me how to live.

And in the after birth, on the quiet earth, let the stains remind you, you thought you made a man.
You better think again, before my role defines you.

Last edited:

^updated^

found a way in
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Big Country - In A Big Country

Cock Robin - When Your Heart Is Weak

What's the matter with the way we look?
Surely it's not the end
I only meant to make my motions clear
You worry too much if it's understood
Should we be seen as friends?
Seems like a real good beginning right here

'Cause when your heart is weak
I'm gonna pick the lock on it
My fingertips won't fail me
No matter what you do
The love you cannot see yet
Is about to witness a dawning
And you can twist and turn
But you won't get loose

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Morning Coffee BOSSA - Background Bossa Nova & JAZZ for Wake Up, Studying, Work
Relax Music

Published on Jan 21, 2018
Morning Coffee BOSSA - Background Bossa Nova & JAZZ for Wake Up, Studying, Work
► SUBSCRIBE! ► https://goo.gl/NmmRWe
► NEW VIDEOS https://goo.gl/E0ByFC

Our morning Bossa Nova & JAZZ can be used for wake up, studying, relaxing, calm, romantic breakfast, cooking, baking, at work and relaxation.This relaxing music best suited for study, work, cooking, like dinner music, background music, romantic music, relaxation music or music for stress relief. Let the beautiful, soothing and inspirational music help you relax!

Relax Channel proposes music in such directions: French Music,Retro Music, Italian Music,Jazz Music,Bossa Nova Music, Morning Music, Piano and Guitar Music, Music for Cooking, Christmas Music, Background Music, Holiday music, Meditation Music | Yoga Music, Sleep Music.

Morning Coffee Music - Background Happy JAZZ & Bossa Nova for Wake Up, Studying, Work
►SUBSCRIBE: https://goo.gl/NmmRWe
►AWESOME MUSIC COLLECTION!: https://goo.gl/hJHc3r

All rights reserved. Music is Copyrighted.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
1941 Woody Herman - (Hurry Back To) Sorrento (Woody Herman, vocal)
MusicProf78

A reworking of the familiar old Neapolitan tune “Torna a Surriento” (Come Back To Sorrento). ‘60s music followers will recognize the melody from the 1961 Elvis hit “Surrender” (listen here: https://youtu.be/Hroh-QQ2Dnc )

CD audio source, originally issued on 78rpm: Decca 3630 - (Hurry Back To) Sorrento (Sid Robin) by Woody Herman & his Orchestra, vocal by Woody Herman, recorded in NYC January 22, 1941

Check out the daily music posts on my Facebook group: 1950s HITS--EVERY DAY! https://www.facebook.com/groups/82419..

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
1945 Woody Herman - Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe (Frances Wayne, Vocal)
MusicProf78

The Oscar-nominated Harold Arlen-Yip Harburg song was performed by Ethel Waters in the 1943 film “Cabin In The Sky” (it was not included in the original 1940 stage production). Vocalist Wayne was married to Woody’s trumpeter/arranger Neal Hefti. For the classic-bombastic Herman flip side “Caldonia,” listen here: https://youtu.be/lkLqzDH5mZM

CD audio source, originally issued on 78rpm: Columbia 36789 - Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe (Harburg-Arlen) by Woody Herman & his Orchestra, vocal by Frances Wayne, recorded February 26, 1945

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
1947 Woody Herman - Across The Alley From The Alamo (Woody Herman & group, vocal)
MusicProf78

Woody leads a five-piece combo on this 1947 song hit, recorded most successfully by the Mills Brothers (hear their version here: https://youtu.be/erzfo6zejjM )

Digitally processed from the original 78rpm: Columbia 37289 - Across The Alley From The Alamo (Green) by Woody Herman, accompanied by The Four Chips, recorded February 4,1947

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
1940 Woody Herman - Blue Prelude (Woody Herman, vocal)
MusicProf78

This Gordon Jenkins-Joe Bishop tune served as the theme song for Woody’s band until 1941, when it was replaced by “Blue Flame” (“Blue Prelude” couldn’t be performed on radio that year due to the ASCAP strike). The song dates back to 1933, when Bing Crosby recorded this early version: https://youtu.be/cPVQ-4VaWCo

CD audio source, originally issued on 78rpm: Decca 3017 - Blue Prelude (Jenkins-Bishop) by Woody Herman & his Orchestra, vocal by Woody Herman, recorded in NYC February 5, 1940

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
1947 Woody Herman - P.S. I Love You (Mary Ann McCall, vocal)
MusicProf78

Composed in the 1930s by Johnny Mercer and Gordon Jenkins, this song would reappear in 1953 to become the top career hit for Jimmy Sacca and the Hilltoppers.

CD audio source, originally issued on 78rpm: Columbia 38289 - P.S. I Love You (Mercer-Jenkins) by Woody Herman & his Orchestra, vocal by Mary Ann McCall, recorded December 30, 1947

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
1947 Woody Herman - I Told Ya I Love Ya, Now Get Out (Woody Herman, vocal)
MusicProf78

Woody’s version of a song also recorded by Stan Kenton with June Christy.

CD audio source, originally issued on 78rpm: Columbia 38047 - I Told Ya I Love Ya, Now Get Out (Frigo-Carter-Ellis) by Woody Herman & his Orchestra, vocal by Woody Herman, recorded October 19, 1947

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TGO 01/23

Terry Stafford "Suspicion"
NRRArchives2

Published on Nov 20, 2012
American Bandstand. March 28, 1964. Nice interview follows the performance.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TGO 01/23

"WALK AWAY RENEE" THE LEFT BANKE 1966
ClassicPerformances2

Published on Jun 8, 2015
The Left Banke is best remembered for their hit single "Walk Away Renee", written by the group's then 16-year-old keyboard player Michael Brown (real name Michael Lookofsky). The song is best remembered for its terrific melody.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TGO 01/26

The Springfields "Silver Threads and Golden Needles"
catman916

Published on May 18, 2013
Before going on to fame as a solo artist, Dusty Springfield was a member of the Springfields, who achieved popularity and success in the early 1960s primarily in the UK. In 1962, their cover of "Silver Threads and Golden Needles", written by Jack Rhodes and Dick Reynolds, and first recorded by Wanda Jackson in 1956, reached #20 on the US on the Billboard chart, the first single by a British group ever to do so, months before The Beatles and the British invasion. The members of the group were Dusty Springfield (Mary O'Brien) -- vocals, Tom Springfield (Dion O'Brien ) -- vocals, guitar, and Mike Hurst -- vocals, guitar. Silver Threads and Golden Needles" was released in the UK by Philips Records and the United States by Mercury Records. The song can be found on CD on The Very Best of the Springfields on the Taragon label. Linda Ronstadt was to cover "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" in 1969 and 1973. I do not own the right to the song, audio, or images contained in this video. No copyright infringement is intended. This purpose of this upload is for viewer enjoyment and education not for monetary gain.This sound recording is administered by: UMG & IODA.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TGO 01/29

Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
swinginkatz

Published on Oct 28, 2011
A clip from Buck Privates from my VHS Tapes file. I do not own the rights, but love the movie.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Someone told me this site is gettin a little GAY.

No way, Pard. We even got Slim Pickens knocken on Heaven's Door.​

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TGO 01/30

Glen Miller .... In The Mood
MsOhPlease

Published on Nov 24, 2011

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TGO 01/31

AMERICAN PATROL - GLENN MILLER
MulberryBuccaneer

Published on Jan 3, 2013
Warbirds In Flight To Glenn Miller's "American Patrol".

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
The gal who inspired "Girl from the North Country" passed away this week.

Echo Star Helstrom. (1942-2018)

Bob's old HS sweetheart from Hibbing, MN. Not many gals get songs this good written about them.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Two versions. Good scenes in both.

PIPELINE - The Chantays

The Atlantics. Pipeline.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TGO 02/01 Has some good pics.

Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy). Jim Croce. (1974)
12mulligan

Published on Nov 20, 2013

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
TGO 02/02

Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying Gerry & Pacemakers STEREO HiQ Hybrid JARichardsFilm
jarichards99utube

Published on May 5, 2017
HiQ Hybrid = Live Video Performance PLUS Studio Quality Sound.
For other HiQ Hybrids - do a YOUTUBE SEARCH for - JARichardsFilm or SEARCH for - HiQ Hybrid

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976,
allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THIS MATERIAL
NO COPYRIGHT infringement is intended.
The owners of this material are as follows and
ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THEM.
* Labels: EMI Columbia (UK) Laurie (US) Capitol (Canada)
* Music: "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" - Gerry and the Pacemakers
* Writers: Gerry Marsden, Freddie Marsden, Les Chadwick, Les Maguire John T. Taylor
* Producer: George Martin

This video IS NOT to be used for ANY commercial or financial purposes.