• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

My Tower Blind Project

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I don't think we have ever shot a deer here in the morning they have always come through after noon till well after dark.
Ya never know though so I come out and watch the sun come up!

same here....we seem to get deer movement early afternoon and pre-dusk most of the large deer i have shot over the years were at last light....but we are always in the blind pre-dawn every year as a tradition....last saturday was opening here even down in south missouri it was mid-teens on temperatures

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Perfect conditions this afternoon hopefully the little darlings head into my AO here soon.

.:2 thumbs up:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Of feck....I just love apex predators!

Will you marry me?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
No report yet on the great hunt.....

Did the deeres win?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I know several liars (hunters/fisherman) that swear they know when season starts

They think that the deeres might know, too

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
I know several liars (hunters/fisherman) that swear they know when season starts

They think that the deeres might know, too
They do. And there isn't near as many peeps in the woods to make them move around anymore. The manbun-nailpolish version of modern males nowadays don't hunt. They probably think it's "icky".

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
They do. And there isn't near as many peeps in the woods to make them move around anymore. The manbun-nailpolish version of modern males nowadays don't hunt. They probably think it's "icky".

They better stay away from the fur shed then. Theyd puke for sure.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Just the mention of Ted Nugent sends them to the midol bottle

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Up at the cabin for the last weekend. Father in law hit another deer last night with the car. This is now his rental car. The deer ran straight into the passenger side. Took off the mirror and damaged both doors. So that's now 2 in two weeks as well as having a semi back into him.

I guess all the auto places are full with accidents from deer.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Up at the cabin for the last weekend. Father in law hit another deer last night with the car. This is now his rental car. The deer ran straight into the passenger side. Took off the mirror and damaged both doors. So that's now 2 in two weeks as well as having a semi back into him.

Hopefully you guys do better than we are, I'm not seeing hardly any deer. Like 4 total in 3 days and 3 of those were yearlings.
Not sure if it's the weather or the fact that there are so many acorns this fall.
If it was warmer I would be treasure hunting every day and not wasting much time on this shit.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
The deeres dissappeared.

In all honest and cereal, I do believe there is something to the theory that Deeres know after fall sex they have to hide until mid January

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

That be his limit for the season. Go ahead and just turn in them TAGS. :truck2: :surrender:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
The deeres dissappeared.

In all honest and cereal, I do believe there is something to the theory that Deeres know after fall sex they have to hide until mid January
Here I was just resting my eyes in my lounger and awoke to iceballs pinging off the steel roof.
No rut yet in my AO, rarely does it happen during firearm season here. Last time was 2015 and even I shot a buck that year!

.:2 thumbs up:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Here in IndyaHoofia them John Deere has been sexting with Jane Doe fairly vigourasly.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Keep an eye on your FIL. Sounds like something is out to get him.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Remote control drone suicide deeres.

Send the heads to your nearest official source of news and information

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I figured if we all sent those suicidal deeres heads to the news places they could study them and then tell us what's going on

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I figured if we all sent those suicidal deeres heads to the news places they could study them and then tell us what's going on
Them news critters can't even get the news right. You just ain't thinking right.

Deer gun season does not start here until the week after Thanksgiving. I'm hoping no deer show up in my AO to disrupt my nap.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Them news critters can't even get the news right. You just ain't thinking right.

Deer gun season does not start here until the week after Thanksgiving. I'm hoping no deer show up in my AO to disrupt my nap.
Lt, sir, imagine the local news room if 4 or 5 deeres heads began showing up everyday with a note attached......

"Are these diseased?"

Lt, sir.............we obviously need a national program to feed Valium to the deeres........

There is, after all, a point.

Mischief!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Here in IndyaHoofia them John Deere has been sexting with Jane Doe fairly vigourasly.
I have a remote deer call on a tree out there that works really well during the rut. Right now not so much.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
The weather has had much to do with it. Nobody screws outside in an ice storm.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Well when ya get done with that here's one to ponder:
KY Hunter get one deer with TWO heads:
1542490539036.png

"...The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources shared photos of the deer on its Facebook page Thursday, calling it a “deer rut double take.”
While wildlife officials don’t know exactly how the buck came to be carrying around a dead deer’s head, they said on Facebook that
they suspect that the live deer saw the antlers of the dead deer and “instinctively (under the influence of rut-level testosterone) engaged in sparring them, becoming entangled at some point. "....

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/weird/article221796390.html#storylink=cpy

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Didn't see a thing again. Did happen to find some nice trails/spots for squirrel and grouse hunting. Haven't been squirrel hunting since I was a kid and would like to get back into it. Never knew that all these nice trails were so close to the in-laws, so I have never done much grouse hunting there, but I will for sure start. Good weekend all together. The father in law is about the best guy you can hunt with.

Got me thinking, nobody squirrel hunts anymore. I can't think of anybody I talk with who is into it. Growing up my uncles would take me whenever I wished. About the best time as a kid you could have in the woods.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Didn't see a thing again. Did happen to find some nice trails/spots for squirrel and grouse hunting. Haven't been squirrel hunting since I was a kid and would like to get back into it. Never knew that all these nice trails were so close to the in-laws, so I have never done much grouse hunting there, but I will for sure start. Good weekend all together. The father in law is about the best guy you can hunt with.

Got me thinking, nobody squirrel hunts anymore. I can't think of anybody I talk with who is into it. Growing up my uncles would take me whenever I wished. About the best time as a kid you could have in the woods.
...i hunt just about everything ...mostly as a excuse and motivation to get out in the woods in the winter.....squirrel hunting is fun, for me my weapon of choice depends on the level of difficulty i want....shotgun.....rifle......pistol...easy to hard.....around here i pick a good sunny day and mostly hunt by sound...and you can call them out if you learn to imitate their chattering sounds .... 3-4 squirrels and dumplings makes for a great meal.....

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
During the Great Depression red squirrels, grey squirrels, & white tail deer were hunted to the edge of extinction.
#1 round for getting some squirrel dinner .22 the #1 round sold during Great Depression.
The gunsmith who lived less than a mile down the road from my house used to shoot the grey for dinner.
He was from Louisiana though and 'bout far north as one could go.

The exact opposite of lobsters, which were saved from extinction at the same time.
History says one could wade the beaches of the Carolinas and spear 5lb lobsters.
Now lobster industry #1 lobbying force in my state and regulated for sustainment.
Take those to your stand and eat 'em !

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Squirrel was in the stew, pie, cassarole, porriage, soup.

I grew up out in the country, hunted w/22 shorts.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
my mom talks of fried squirrel brains for breakfast like its a delicacy .....i have yet to go there
we have greys and fox squirrels on the property........within a short drive there are very rare white squirrels

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Mah granny was always trying to get us to eat brains or livers. She died a very disappointed woman!

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Squirrels can be hunted, eh? Come to my house and you will he within 10 feet if them. Although I don't think my neighbors that are within 50' of me would be too appreciative.
A nice quality pellet gun, the neighbors won't know unless they're out there watchin'. They might notice the count going down on the local tree rats eventually.

As a kid we'd eat fried squirrel and roasted ring-neck pheasant. Spittin' bones and bird-shot depending on the meal. ;-)

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
THE 6 BEST SQUIRREL RECIPES YOU'VE EVER COME ACROSS

Squirrel heads and gravy is a delicacy, said Missouri
fiddler Taylor McBaire (1911-1994) of his favorite food: "You get a
skillet with those squirrel heads in that gravy; you take a hammer and
crack open those skulls and suck out those brains. Now that's good eatin"

some dinner music to go along with your cookin...

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Apologies to sir Irons for posting this here but I couldn't find another hunting thread[didn't look to hard either].
Our deer season ended Friday a half hour after sunset. I was coming home when I saw a neighbor just getting back to his truck a half hour after legal light. We stood out talking when we heard three different throngs of shots from different directions and we kinda enjoyed that. Then another truck came along with two young fella's who stopped to BS and brag about their deer they had shot and killed. We hadn't even walked to the back of their truck yet when I noticed little spouts of steam every few seconds and laughingly said,"you ain't killed nothing yet". That damb deer started moving and Jim and I damn near pissed ourselves laughing as them two sprang into action. One opened the end gate to start pulling the critter out while the other had got a gun. The critter was now thrashing around and them two boys is having a time until finally the one with the gun shoots it and then again. Damb hunting season can be entertaining.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Apologies to sir Irons for posting this here but I couldn't find another hunting thread[didn't look to hard either].
Our deer season ended Friday a half hour after sunset. I was coming home when I saw a neighbor just getting back to his truck a half hour after legal light. We stood out talking when we heard three different throngs of shots from different directions and we kinda enjoyed that. Then another truck came along with two young fella's who stopped to BS and brag about their deer they had shot and killed. We hadn't even walked to the back of their truck yet when I noticed little spouts of steam every few seconds and laughingly said,"you ain't killed nothing yet". That damb deer started moving and Jim and I damn near pissed ourselves laughing as them two sprang into action. One opened the end gate to start pulling the critter out while the other had got a gun. The critter was now thrashing around and them two boys is having a time until finally the one with the gun shoots it and then again. Damb hunting season can be entertaining.
thats damn funny on so many accounts......IE ...guess they didnt field dress it....no knife? .....shoot it again on the ground.....gezzzz.....etc.....LOL

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
I saw a total of 6 deer all season. I don't know how they all disappeared but hey, that happens. There was no rut yet in our area and there was just tons of acorns so I guess they could just hide until we all went away. And they did. Feckers.
I did manage to shoot a doe. Not as big as I would have liked but it'll do!

dcrs1.jpg
dcrs2.jpg

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Long as road kill was mentioned...

I felt just awful -- I was driving (not at all fast) on a country road when a beautiful red fox ran out and ran right into the passenger side door. Busted his neck, kilt him instantly. I still feel awful, and that is kinda weird, since if I'da shot him a-purpose, it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest.

No, I have no logic to present. It still made me feel awful.

Then...

Then there was the deer we paced off from my blind to where it dropped without moving: 504 yards. That was with my desperately expensive Weatherby 30.06. Best shot I ever made.

I held a tad over two feet above it while aiming. There were six guys watching, and all of them (including Your Humble Obdn't &tc) were betting that I would not even scare it off, much less drop it like a bad habit.

Bang. Plop.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I saw a total of 6 deer all season. I don't know how they all disappeared but hey, that happens. There was no rut yet in our area and there was just tons of acorns so I guess they could just hide until we all went away. And they did. Feckers.
I did manage to shoot a doe. Not as big as I would have liked but it'll do!

View attachment 117826 View attachment 117827
Sponsored by Dewilt