• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

My Very First Excursion To Whole Foods

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I chose to put this this in the Alt-Med sub-forum because the product I was looking for, non-homogenized whole milk, was said to be available at Whole Foods. It is necessary to use this as an ingredient for a yogurt which is rich in a much wider spectrum of probiotics than is found in most other probitics. Most probiotics in capsule or pill form are dead no matter how many billions are in that capsule or pill. They are limited to about 16 - 18 strains where this stuff I'm using has 42 strains. To receive the full benefits of probiotics they MUST be alive so they will set up housekeeping in your gut.

This past mid-fall and winter were rather rough for me because of an infection. I am allergic to penicillin so I had to take other antibiotics for for about 3 months. Yeah, NOT good. I tried to stay ahead of the deleterious effects on my gut by eating homemade yogurt but is was ultimately a losing battle due to the extended use of the antibiotics. So I found this company called Bravo that offers this wide spectrum probiotic. The stuff is really spendy, $150/month! I had to slap around and otherwise do the thug thing on Mr. Wallet to make this happen. He's not speaking to me now. He'll get over it. Hopefully I will too.

Along with this probiotic I am also using a carbon form known as C60, also known as Fullerines, or Bucky Balls discovered by Buckminster Fuller. It's a carbon that molecule that takes the form and appearance of a soccer ball. It is a very effective form of filtration and cleaning in the body superior to activated charcoal.

Added also to complete this triad is liposomal vitamin C. This is a type of vitamin C that stays in and active in the human body far longer than the more common forms of vitamin C. This way I can get the ALL the benefits of high dosage vitamin C WITHOUT the high volume doses.

Together these products. the wide spectrum probiotics, Bucky Balls and liposomal vitamin C are mainly used as an alt treatment for cancers. I DO NOT have cancer that I am aware of. However, IF I do I am already ahead of the game. The many visits to the doctors over this past fall and winter, the xrays and other testing apparently did NOT reveal any cancers. However, considering a weakened immune system due to diabetes type II and the long fight against that damned infection, I figured this would be a great way to restore gut flora and stave off any other health issues.

The above was the alt-med part. Now on to my first and most likely last visit to Whole Foods.

Whole Foods is relatively new to my area. Their store has been here for maybe 3-4 years now. Nowhere near my neighborhood and it is located in a very high trafficked commercial corridor which I always make every effort to avoid when possible. Basically if it's a nationwide chain of any kind, except EAT's, it can be found in this corridor.

So we finally arrived. I was somewhat amazed at how few customers were there as we rolled into the parking lot about 10:20 this morning. Once we walked through the door I was again somewhat amazed at how compact the store really was. Not a bit of wasted space. All the displays were fully stocked. NO funky "grocery store" odors. Adequate aisle ways. Of course being our first visit we walked in through the out door but we quickly gained our orientation of intended flow and moved into the fruit and vegetable area to begin our venture. Everything was stacked and stacked relatively high. We sort of in a hurry because we were delayed in our trip by a train. Time was tight so we didn't have much time to seriously shop as we would normally. What I noticed right away in the fruit and vegetable section was the overhead signage on the walls that ringed the entire store. As we made our way through the store the next section was the seafood, poultry and meat department. The overhead signage was getting annoying already as it all turned out to be propaganda based on left libtard values. Especially disturbing in the meat department as the signage touted the "100% Ethical Treatment of Animals". How does one ethically butcher a cow or a pig? does it have a compassionate counselor as it's getting hacked and sawed? How fookin' stupid does this place think it's customers are? Oh! Right> Left libtards shop here.

After the meat department we were already at the rear aisle of the store in the refrigerated section where came upon all kinds of things to drink which blended seamlessly into the dairy section.. Ah! Found the whole milk I was looking for. I was ready to head for the check out and I spotted the cheese case so I had to go see what was offered. My! What an extraordinary selection of cheeses! I made a most serious mistake of looking at the cheese prices. $23/lb/?!? WTF?!? $19/lb $12/lb. That was all I could stand. I exclaimed to Mrs. Alton that I was ready to leave NOW. She did not hesitate to go with me. so I paid my $5.99 for the half gallon of milk and got out. Feeling fairly confident that we would NEVER return I made sure I sparked up a smoke and polluted their rarefied air before we drove away working hard to avoid going off on this pinnacle of left libtard stupidity and the hypocritical piety of PC purchasing. I feel queasy just typing about it here. I've had my fill of stupid for today.

If you must go to Whole Foods make sure you wear your armor and prepare your minds and hearts as they provide what fills the belly of the beast that smiles on Whole Foods. Man, I might have to go take another shower to wash it ALL off me... sort like that feeling you get when you know Joe Biden is behind you....

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Feeling fairly confident that we would NEVER return I made sure I sparked up a smoke and polluted their rarefied air before we drove away working hard to avoid going off on this pinnacle of left libtard stupidity and the hypocritical piety of PC purchasing.
Whoooooa, Alton, you were lurking in the lib's arena for your "whole milk", why not get a cow ? LOLOL
But, here you are getting healthy milk & then "sparked up a smoke" ???
I do frequent Trader Joe's on rare occasion, that's as close to lib's as I can get. :dduck::dduck::dduck:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
"100% Ethical Treatment of Animals"
It's the same as 'essential'. Libs gush "They're essential oils!" as if that makes it all worth while.

Every couple of years they come out with some marketing slogan that Libs just jump all over and think 'you should too!'

So tired of their nonsense reasons for 'using' some product.

Whole Foods was purchased by AMZN in 2017. You might be able to shop online for whole milk?

Other than that, I'd be making friends with someone that has a dairy cow and is willing to share the milk....

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Whoooooa, Alton, you were lurking in the lib's arena for your "whole milk", why not get a cow ? LOLOL
But, here you are getting healthy milk & then "sparked up a smoke" ???
I do frequent Trader Joe's on rare occasion, that's as close to lib's as I can get. :dduck::dduck::dduck:
It's my gut flora I'm working on...lungs are fine and smoking is a grand "FU" to gov and libtards.

As far as a cow, gotta have more than a half acre to have a cow or horse around here. Bare minimum is 10 acres OUTSIDE of city limits.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I think GH has your answer,
AND
"100% Ethical Treatment of Animals"
Does that mean to say "Kill'em quickly" ?

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's the same as 'essential'. Libs gush "They're essential oils!" as if that makes it all worth while.

Every couple of years they come out with some marketing slogan that Libs just jump all over and think 'you should too!'

So tired of their nonsense reasons for 'using' some product.

Whole Foods was purchased by AMZN in 2017. You might be able to shop online for whole milk?

Other than that, I'd be making friends with someone that has a dairy cow and is willing to share the milk....
I get your point however, I would be remiss to not point out that the "essential" used to describe the oils is derived from the "essence" of the extracted oil, the scent of the plant from which the oil is extracted and not as an "essential" or needed item or quality.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I get your point however, I would be remiss to not point out that the "essential" used to describe the oils is derived from the "essence" of the extracted oil, the scent of the plant from which the oil is extracted and not as an "essential" or needed item or quality.
Yeah, "I" get that, but they say it meaning "you just have to have it to live otherwise you'll die!!"

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yeah, "I" get that, but they say it meaning "you just have to have it to live otherwise you'll die!!"
Well, it is a proven and daily demonstrable fact that libtards are full of shite. So much so that their heads are full of it and it leaks out every time they open their mouths. So, yeah, I would agree that they say stupid shite like that.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I never heard of non-homogenized whole milk, isn't that same as raw milk, which is ilegal to sell?
The overhead signage was getting annoying already as it all turned out to be propaganda based on left libtard values.
Leftist propaganda is all over every grocery store and every big box store, maybe you just never recognized it as such. Race mixing propaganda showing people of different races same age and opposite sex smiling together.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Try kefir, it is easy and effective.

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's my gut flora I'm working on...lungs are fine and smoking is a grand "FU" to gov and libtards.

As far as a cow, gotta have more than a half acre to have a cow or horse around here. Bare minimum is 10 acres OUTSIDE of city limits.
I never understood the smoking thing as anti-government. My BIL/SIL say that all the time but they keep paying the stupid tax to government on each pack and poisoning themselves. I've heard about two wrongs making a right, but it's like they think three stupid things make it smart. "We're going to get those nanny staters by buying cigs with huge taxes added on and we're going to support an industry that hid all of the detriments to smoking from us for decades and we're going to poison ourselves in the process. WIN-WIN-WIN!"

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I made sure I sparked up a smoke
<Heh> When I want to 'spark up a smoke' like that, alton, I pick #4 on the 'tunes' selector (Blow it up) on my Ford diesel and floor it.
Plenty of black smoke as long as it's floored — not too long in a crowded parking lot, though <heh>
Wife unit says; "Stop it! You're 73, not 17!!"

stay outta my way,
BF

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I never understood the smoking thing as anti-government. My BIL/SIL say that all the time but they keep paying the stupid tax to government on each pack and poisoning themselves. I've heard about two wrongs making a right, but it's like they think three stupid things make it smart. "We're going to get those nanny staters by buying cigs with huge taxes added on and we're going to support an industry that hid all of the detriments to smoking from us for decades and we're going to poison ourselves in the process. WIN-WIN-WIN!"
The leftist mass media/academia has made good health a "liberal" thing. How convenient. Kill off the conservatives with cigarettes and GMO/processed food and all you have left is commies. There is a lot of cleverness behind marxism.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Why should it matter? No one lives forever on earth. No one I know is getting out of here alive. Life is still the #1 cause of death. I pay taxes on cigarettes. You pay taxes on gas for your hoopty. You pay taxes on your alcohol. Bet you pay taxes on your property. Hillary is hated for pay-to-play schemes yet we all pay-to-play in America. So these arguments sort of fall apart. When I hit the deck in the morning I've probably already broken 5 laws before I hit the head. According to any libtard worth the moniker my existence, being a white guy and all is an offense. So what!?! Do I invest in shoe black or something?!? I'm not here to live my life to make others happy. I get on with my wife, I get on with my kids, I get on with my friends and about 98% of my extended family. Sure, I like being liked by everybody. Who doesn't? But I ain't living or adjusting my life for those...just ain't happening because it just don't work.. As the song goes, I'm gonna leave this old world with a satisfied mind. Until then I will deal with the problems of age and health in a manner that works best for me. The rest of y'all can adjust to me. I bet that ain't going to work out too well either...

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Why should it matter? No one lives forever on earth. No one I know is getting out of here alive. Life is still the #1 cause of death. I pay taxes on cigarettes. You pay taxes on gas for your hoopty. You pay taxes on your alcohol. Bet you pay taxes on your property. Hillary is hated for pay-to-play schemes yet we all pay-to-play in America. So these arguments sort of fall apart. When I hit the deck in the morning I've probably already broken 5 laws before I hit the head. According to any libtard worth the moniker my existence, being a white guy and all is an offense. So what!?! Do I invest in shoe black or something?!? I'm not here to live my life to make others happy. I get on with my wife, I get on with my kids, I get on with my friends and about 98% of my extended family. Sure, I like being liked by everybody. Who doesn't? But I ain't living or adjusting my life for those...just ain't happening because it just don't work.. As the song goes, I'm gonna leave this old world with a satisfied mind. Until then I will deal with the problems of age and health in a manner that works best for me. The rest of y'all can adjust to me. I bet that ain't going to work out too well either...
I still don't understand how smoking is an FU to .gov? I can't say I really disagree with anything you said above, but I don't buy any of those things or pay any of those taxes to "spite" government. I could see your point for heroin or cocaine since they're illegal and the government doesn't receive any tax revenue. But smoking? They're happy as can be taking that extra tax revenue in on cigarettes. If they really didn't want you smoking they'd ban it altogether, but then they'd lose that tax revenue, and they WANT that revenue stream and it seems they have people happy to pay it, all while thinking they're sticking it to the man. Maybe they are smarter than we think......

Maybe we should update that old saying about resentment being like drinking poison and waiting for your enemy to die. Smoking is like inhaling poison, paying extra to your enemies for it and then saying "Ha, take that!" All while filtering the majority of the bad stuff out using your own lungs.

It is only a mice study, but they did find that exposure to smoke altered the gut bacteria of those mice:
http://www.microbiomeinstitute.org/blog/2015/6/11/cigarette-smoke-changes-the-gut-microbiome

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The leftist mass media/academia has made good health a "liberal" thing. How convenient. Kill off the conservatives with cigarettes and GMO/processed food and all you have left is commies. There is a lot of cleverness behind marxism.
Health is a personal responsibility thing. It is the leftists that believe otherwise, that the state should take care of us. If the right/conservatives believe that health is a "liberal" thing then the right is even more controlled than the left and are falling for identity/group think politics. Be an individual and do what is right for you, not what might displease others.

I'm no fan of Bezos, but I do shop at WF weekly, no where else around here can compare to quality and selection of produce regularly. Some prices are high, some aren't bad at all. I don't like their meats and buy nearly exclusively local, but in NH we can't get local produce year round.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Health is a personal responsibility thing.
Unfortunately healthy food is an information thing. So the left tells their people about GMO, Roundup etc in a left wing way, so it will not appeal to the right. You can see the results when you go to shop for healthy food. I'm the only one there that doesn't look like a liberal.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Health is a personal responsibility thing. It is the leftists that believe otherwise, that the state should take care of us. If the right/conservatives believe that health is a "liberal" thing then the right is even more controlled than the left and are falling for identity/group think politics. Be an individual and do what is right for you, not what might displease others.
That is how we live. We live a style that WE feel is healthy for us. Mostly home cooked meals from mostly fresh ingredients. We keep our home at a lower temperature than most people do, we feel it is healthier.
Unfortunately healthy food is an information thing.
Without information, how would you make decisions? Information, along with experience is how most, if not all, of us make our decisions.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Without information, how would you make decisions?
This is exactly why those who control information weild so much power over us.
Information, along with experience is how most, if not all, of us make our decisions.
I try to base all my decisions on logic whenever I can.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This is exactly why those who control information weild so much power over us. I try to base all my decisions on logic whenever I can.
Ya, but, without information, where would your logic come from?
All info is NOT bad info. You just need to know how to filter out the bullshit.
I think logic is based on info & experience.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ya, but, without information, where would your logic come from? I think logic is based on info & experience
Logic is based on reasoning.
All info is NOT bad info. You just need to know how to filter out the bullshit..
True, but 95+% of information is bullshit. I think most people are too busy to filter it, if they even have the skill. So they figure healthy food is for liberal pansies who "hate agribusiness" and they are man enough to eat regular food. "Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger" and "Food all eventually becomes turds so why make such a fuss over it?"
I encounter this kind of thinking all the time with Conservatives. Sad.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
True, but 95+% of information is bullshit.
Geeeeeze, I hope it's a bit better than that, but there certainly is a bunch of BS out there !! :oriental:

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I do frequent Trader Joe's on rare occasion, that's as close to lib's as I can get.
Next time you go into Trader Joe's do yourself a favor. Grab a wedge or three of Saint Andre', triple cream brie. Cheap and to die for. You'll thank me later.

In my shopping area libs are everywhere so they're hard to avoid. But still we only stop at Trader Joe's when we're driving past anyway- for three things. It's the only place we can find raw psyllium husk (fiber) without added poisons, ^^that cheese^^ and the sturdy paper bags they put them in at the checkout.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Next time you go into Trader Joe's do yourself a favor. Grab a wedge or three of Saint Andre', triple cream brie. Cheap and to die for. You'll thank me later.

In my shopping area libs are everywhere so they're hard to avoid. But still we only stop at Trader Joe's when we're driving past anyway- for three things. It's the only place we can find raw psyllium husk (fiber) without added poisons, ^^that cheese^^ and the sturdy paper bags they put them in at the checkout.
Here in Orygun, you have to buy your bags, or bring your own. T.J.'s has 2 Buck Chuck wine too & a good nut selection.
But still we only stop at Trader Joe's when we're driving past anyway - Yup, we only shop there when we go to Eugene for other things, over a 100 miles.

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Here in Orygun, you have to buy your bags, or bring your own. T.J.'s has 2 Buck Chuck wine too & a good nut selection.
But still we only stop at Trader Joe's when we're driving past anyway - Yup, we only shop there when we go to Eugene for other things, over a 100 miles.
Yes, finally found peanuts that weren’t roasted in sunflower/safflower/canola oils at TJs, we avoid that crap as much as possible. They have “old fashioned” blister peanuts that are fantastic, roasted in of all things, peanut oil!!!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
COSTCO has a new "blister roast" peanuts in a 2.5 lb can for about $6. DO NOT buy them !! They are addictive !! :belly laugh:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yes, finally found peanuts that weren’t roasted in sunflower/safflower/canola oils at TJs, we avoid that crap as much as possible. They have “old fashioned” blister peanuts that are fantastic, roasted in of all things, peanut oil!!!
Why cook nuts? That just gets rid of most of the nutrients. I never eat nuts unless they are RAW.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Nuts, hot nuts, ya get em from da peanut man
yeah yeah yeah yeah nuts, hot nuts ya get em anyway you can
Well I got some in the Lincoln, got some in da Fode
Last time I got some was on the runnin' bode

Nuts, hot nuts, ya get em from da peanut man
yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah nuts, hot nuts ya get em anyway you can
Well I got some in da kitchen, got some in da hall
Got some on ma finger, so I wiped it on da wall!

Nuts, hot nuts...ya get em from the peanut man...

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Information, along with experience is how most, if not all, of us make our decisions.
That's how it should be, but I'd contend that these days, "most" allow emotions to make their decisions for them. For example, TARD disease. It's affected at least half the population, and is entirely an emotional response.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That's how it should be, but I'd contend that these days, "most" allow emotions to make their decisions for them. For example, TARD disease. It's affected at least half the population, and is entirely an emotional response.
TARD disease or RE-TARD ? :dduck:

Argentsum

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Whole Foods was often referred to as "Whole Paycheck" as the prices paid at the grocer supported a robust paycheck for workers.

Now that Amazon bought them out it was expected the price modeling would change in a hurry but that appears not to be the case.

Prices and paychecks will most likely come down eventually.

I am curious to see how Amazon incorporates Whole Foods.