• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Nantucket Gives The OK For Going Topless On Its Beaches

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I predict a surge in tourism for Massachusetts... "Honey? Let's visit Natucket..."

Nantucket Gives The OK For Going Topless On Its Beaches​

BY TYLER DURDEN
FRIDAY, MAY 06, 2022 - 06:40 PM

There once was a man from Nantucket...

But seriously, there could wind up being many more "men from Nantucket" now that the island has opened its beaches up for topless sunbathing.
Residents voted for the measure at the annual town meeting this week and it passed 327-242. But it was the way the measure passed that some may find interesting: it passed as a "Gender Equality on Beaches bylaw amendment", the New York Post wrote this week.

Sex educator Dorothy Stover proposed the amendment and celebrated the measure by writing on Instagram: "Thank you thank you thank you for choosing equality."

Stover also runs the online Nantucket Love School, according to the report. She brought up that men have been allowed to go topless on beaches for nearly 90 years. She made arguments about human anatomy and the history of the beach, the report said.

At the meeting to vote on the issue, she said: “Being topless is not being nude. This bylaw would not make beaches nude beaches. This bylaw would allow tops to be optional for anyone that chooses to be topless.”

She talked about how she came up with the idea: “This past summer, I was at the beach and I wanted to lay out topless. And I thought, ‘Why can’t I do that?’ In Europe, it’s completely normal to be topless, you don’t even think about it.”

A supporter of the proposal said at the meeting: “Nantucket women have always practiced and lived gender equality. Now I may not choose to go topless … but I think other people should have that choice … I would suggest that we vote for this so that we have choice.”

She continued: “I’ve had more support than I thought I would. It’s been surprising seeing who supports it and who is pushing back. They say women’s breasts are sexual, and I said no, they’re sexualized, not sexual. We have the exact same makeup — men have mammary glands and nipples — and so I started reaching more into it and men can go topless but we can’t."

“Some men have bigger breasts than I do,” she quipped.

One man who expressed concern said: “Speaking as a father, I just feel as though this is opening a can of worms, for which we may not be able to control.”
The official amendment reads “in order to promote equality for all persons, any person shall be allowed to be topless on any public or private beach within the Town of Nantucket,” the New York Post reported.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Clothing should always be optional. Here's my reasoning for that. The courts have said that the government can not tax your rights. Thats why unprepared food is untaxed, water is untaxed, working for a living is untaxed. But clothing is taxed. If clothing is taxed than you do not have a right to it. if you have no right to it you have the right to be naked.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Many years ago I visited a couple of topless beaches in the South of France.

If anybody is thinking you'll see a bunch of hot Playboy or Penthouse type women on Nantucket... :blond::blond:

.. forget it.

What you'll see is a bunch of fat old ugly women, probably not much better than this "woman."

220px-Admiral_Rachel_L._Levine.jpg

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
On the Cape, blindfold me in Provincetown...

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What you'll see is a bunch of fat old ugly women, probably not much better than this "woman."
As long as they're drinking coffee it's ok...

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I visited a couple of topless beaches in the South of France.

If anybody is thinking you'll see a bunch of hot Playboy or Penthouse type women on Nantucket... :blond::blond:

.. forget it.

220px-Admiral_Rachel_L._Levine.jpg

Costume Party for Halloween? ;)

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Men are going to beg the women to "put them back" where they belong. '

I agree, you will not be seeing svelte attractive young women, but quite the opposite. And the clothing optional nude beaches like Haulover in Miami attract people with tanned skin like leather and weird unnatural bodies. I checked it out once, and the cop on the dividing line said "just don't get caught". I'm not sure what he meant, but I was disgusted after a cursory visit.

My standards for healthy attractive women are natural, well proportioned, classic features, which are becoming more and more rare.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thankfully, I have no plans on visiting that area again for the rest of my life, I did visit back in the '60s.

Ash_Williams

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with nudity or toplessness. Women's breasts are sexual though, in a way that men's are not. It ain't cultural it's just how it is. Beach clothing typically serves to enhance that effect rather than reduce it, so it's not like things get sexier once the tops come off.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
In this part of MA, there are swimming holes along rivers and small lakes that the younger crowd likes to let it all hang out. I did find the further down the river one goes the more dicks are seen. Gilda Radnor was a familiar topless sight at the Richmond Quarry. A weekend music festival would turn the Black Hole into a semi nudist camp.

Last edited:

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with nudity or toplessness. Women's breasts are sexual though, in a way that men's are not. It ain't cultural it's just how it is. Beach clothing typically serves to enhance that effect rather than reduce it, so it's not like things get sexier once the tops come off.
Great point

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
In this part of MA, there are swimming holes along rivers and small lakes that the younger crowd likes to let it all hang out. I did find the further down the river one goes the more dicks are seen. Hilda Radnor was a familiar topless sight at the Richmond Quarry. A weekend music festival would turn the Black Hole into a semi nudist camp.
You mean Gilda from SNL?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I talked breasts with two topless women on the sandbar at Tiger Tail beach. Lovely conversation.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Once I got all fucked up on nice cocaine, becherovka and velkopopovicky kozel with my friends, and went to the nude beach outside of prague, it was a sunny day. I got such a sunburn on my dick I couldnt touch it for a week. be careful what you ask for my friends. It pealed ffs.

I had to wear a well trimmed uniform at my job, it was not fun.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Once I got all fucked up on nice cocaine, becherovka and velkopopovicky kozel with my friends, and went to the nude beach outside of prague, it was a sunny day. I got such a sunburn on my dick I couldnt touch it for a week. be careful what you ask for my friends. It pealed ffs.

I had to wear a well trimmed uniform at my job, it was not fun.
Can't like that post. Damn.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It's a cultural thing. If you lived in Africa outback you'd get tired of seeing boobs flopping all over the place.

Some gals have NO support in that area. They just hang like they're 80 and they're 30! It's just the way it is.

as for sunburned peckers... sunscreen!

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
It was just one instance where it went bad, im the nekkid guy, I didnt give up.

I remember one time I was growing some forest of plants in my old back yard, getting fucked up on a sunday morning, getting some sun on my bits, here comes the old spinal cracker, who used to be my neighbor, by for a chat.

I think he cared more than me, I like the breeze on my stuff when i can get away w it, im not an exhibitionist fwiw. Clothes suck man. I might go to jail one day but I can make bail. I will be on my chaise lounge tomorrow when its 90, after church, getting my vit d. be sure to call before you come over.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nantucket is an expensive place any way you slice it; I think there is an international hostel there, but otherwise you are paying hundreds of dollars a night for a visit unless you have a friend there. I just don't see this being anything other than a vacuous story with little practical impact. Martha's Vineyard however is a leftist haven, Obama has a mansion there. I stayed at a campground on the island there over 20 years ago and bicycled around the island. Anyone want to venture to guess what percentage of female breasts are tight and sexy? My guess, less than 5%.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
that is the thing, most who have never been to a nude/topless beach, they think fuck yea lets go see the bits, when you get there it is a trainwreck w not much good scenery.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
It was just one instance where it went bad, im the nekkid guy, I didnt give up.

I remember one time I was growing some forest of plants in my old back yard, getting fucked up on a sunday morning, getting some sun on my bits, here comes the old spinal cracker, who used to be my neighbor, by for a chat.

I think he cared more than me, I like the breeze on my stuff when i can get away w it, im not an exhibitionist fwiw. Clothes suck man. I might go to jail one day but I can make bail. I will be on my chaise lounge tomorrow when its 90, after church, getting my vit d. be sure to call before you come over.
Poor cracker.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
It was not as funny as when skinny ass gary longwell fell thru the old rotted lawn chair, but it was pretty close.

once i fell asleep on the front yard (passed out) face down, it rained on me, and noone came to see if i was alive was not.

that was pretty funny.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It was not as funny as when skinny ass gary longwell fell thru the old rotted lawn chair, but it was pretty close.

once i fell asleep on the front yard (passed out) face down, it rained on me, and noone came to see if i was alive was not.

that was pretty funny.
I'm happy to say you've had way more fun than I ever did....

Ash_Williams

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a cultural thing. If you lived in Africa outback you'd get tired of seeing boobs flopping all over the place.
I'd still be more attracted to the women with the nice boobs though. Boobs flopping around all day doesn't mean that good ones aren't a sexual asset. We all see hair every day too but some girls have nice hair you want to look at.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHA! ...stand back cap'n...she's gonna blow!

AYE...that white whale...whoever h'poons her will receive a 1ozer with the golden Indian stamped atop her...aye...argghh

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
One thing I learned being in healthcare for so many decades was that the majority of people look better with their clothes on.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

that was pretty funny.
Sounds like a similar incident over here when we gave a non Greek ouzo to drink. We did check on him. He was a ditch in the front yard.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Topless beach ......... be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
One thing I learned being in healthcare for so many decades was that the majority of people look better with their clothes on.
Snort

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
We have a nude beach right down the street. It's mostly homos, old bags and other weirdos. It's not South Beach in Miami.
When I was living in NJ there was a section of the beach in Sandy Hook that had a spot where you could do that kind of thing. And yeah it was mostly old ladies and faggots. Best of my recollection it was a nude beach not just topless. I wouldn't want to bring my young kids to anyplace like that guess I am a bit old fashioned in that regard.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'd still be more attracted to the women with the nice boobs though.
There was a time when a woman's ankle would turn heads...

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 11.55.43 AM.png

women would gasp and faint at the sight!

You turned on by an ankle reveal these days?