• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Negro League Coins from the US Mint?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I'd have no problem being with a woman from a different race.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
yeah that guy. trump aint no sun tzu it seems. it is definitely possible to take good ideas and implement them horribly.
You first said it was a bad idea, now you say it's a good idea? Which is it?

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You first said it was a bad idea, now you say it's a good idea? Which is it?
I didnt exactly say it was a bad idea. Something can be both good and bad depending on how it is enacted.

Did Sun Tzu place his enemies in positions where they were to plan, execute, and administrate Tzu's goals? Or did he just keep them close in a different way?

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Seems the whipepo are the ones that are willing to carry the cross.
you see it as guilt? that's the fall back position so you don't have to call me a pussy like i called out about some white people these days...or it's to hide your faulty ideology based upon lies and books and information that was faulty from the git go...and it's become 'real' and i'm suggesting: let it go

i'm not a pussy but i know how to survive and it won't be any help if i believe the tripe i've grown up with

the activity today, to keep us all divided, is such non-sense, yet even here, there are still many who 'believe'

i don't own any of it, the narrative is theirs...and yes, i'll admit, i love good racisss jokes, always have and yes there are abusive whites and stupid mexicans and lazy blacks...i've met a few

who's cross would i be carrying?

Nah, these behaviors are firmly entrenched in the African culture. There are many books and articles which explain this. Like everything else, not every individual adheres to their own culture in the same way.

Actions speak volumes! We are ALL perceived largely by the actions of other.

No, I wouldn't want to be a negro these days!
this is also so double-edged, i'm wretching on my keyboard

books written by whites who figured, one day, mostly brits, but who's to say...they figured: it's not good to let our slaves know how to read and write, it's better to keep them stupid

and the guy in the back of the room suggested brutality and trinkets to certain tribes would bring in the largest stock of humans to choose from

where to start on that one...explain why many here don't hate whites because the Irish were enslaved also? i mean, it's all about slavery, that's what we're told...

a better question: it's 2022, we've all been programmed, our culture, our world, our societies, we've been poisoned to be who / what 'they' want us to be: they've now morphed to the point: having us dead . is an acceptable pov for them, we need to hold onto that one also...and i say WHAT?

I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO WITH ALL OF THIS

we're literally feeding their machine with abortions, hatred towards others because of stereotypes and skin colors and we're being hated because we don't accept their 'flavor of the month' and being called and derided because we won't accept their programs success' such as those inner-city people, because they all weren't black, and those soft pussy white people who are bused in from the communist burbs multiple miles away, who've accepted their programming above and beyond the call of a pay raise, so they get free merchandise and face time on youtube as 'peaceful protestors'......and we're gonna hate anyone of us here, for anything?

(not trying to be personal, but if the bad shoe fits...take it off)

it's ALL a Program...the Truman Show, our reactions are our own and should never be based upon the expected outcome that would feed their machine, but the machine is working harder today than ever, we see it, we feel it, we live it, why ignore it any longer

it's not our machine, it's not our program, it's not who we really should be, set the baggage down...

hug a brother comes in here somewhere because...you know the rest

pity really

all 2¢ and there are small details i'd rather not argue over, it's the larger picture that requires attention iyam

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
And practically every TeeVee commercial these days features a black couple or a mixed race couple.
1642196205680.png

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Interesting....from the Mint website. For the Negro league coins:

Standard product sales will be in effect for pre-orders at noon (ET) on January 6, 2022, until the expected shipping date of April 27, 2022.

A 3 month pre-order window seems to be a long time. Trying to drum up interest? It looks like they don't know how many to mint and are trying to get a handle on how many to make. It's almost like "mint to demand" issues which have little [increased] value afterwards. Will be interesting to see the sales of these.

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Interesting....from the Mint website. For the Negro league coins:

Standard product sales will be in effect for pre-orders at noon (ET) on January 6, 2022, until the expected shipping date of April 27, 2022.

A 3 month pre-order window seems to be a long time. Trying to drum up interest? It looks like they don't know how many to mint and are trying to get a handle on how many to make. It's almost like "mint to demand" issues which have little [increased] value afterwards. Will be interesting to see the sales of these.
More or less standard US Mint MO. Last year the Morgan dollars didn't ship for months after they went on sale. The Mint typically leads the year off with a commemorative series. The maximum mintage numbers are similar to what they have been for a while. It is typical for much fewer to be sold than the limits.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Very disgusting comments from some other forum members here...

Anyway, back to the topic. Classic commemoratives at the Mint have recently been greatly undersold over the past 5 years or so, except those from very popular themes like Apollo or Basketball Hall of Fame. It is very typical for them to remain undersold for the entire year.

Last year's coins are another example of this, and the secondary market is showing strong prices for both the Law Enforcement and Christa McAuliffie series from last year.

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Very disgusting comments from some other forum members here...

Anyway, back to the topic. Classic commemoratives at the Mint have recently been greatly undersold over the past 5 years or so, except those from very popular themes like Apollo or Basketball Hall of Fame. It is very typical for them to remain undersold for the entire year.

Last year's coins are another example of this, and the secondary market is showing strong prices for both the Law Enforcement and Christa McAuliffie series from last year.
I agree withy each point you made. Thank you for making them.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Classic commemoratives at the Mint have recently been greatly undersold over the past 5 years or so, except those from very popular themes like Apollo or Basketball Hall of Fame. It is very typical for them to remain undersold for the entire year.

Still I'm not seeing strong demand for these. Maybe new keys in the making. Law enforcement & ladies in space have a much bigger audience. Although one can argue that baseball has a large following, I'm still not convinced. Time will tell as it always does.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Still I'm not seeing strong demand for these. Maybe new keys in the making. Law enforcement & ladies in space have a much bigger audience. Although one can argue that baseball has a large following, I'm still not convinced. Time will tell as it always does.

Last year I passed on the Law Enforcement $5 gold coin, mainly due to the price increase (about +$250 for the $5 gold coins), and with all the other great offerings from the Mint last year, it was a question of which ones were more promising.

The one element of popularity for this year's coins is the connection between the Negro Leagues and Jackie Robinson, who played for one year in the Negro Leagues before moving up to Major League baseball. And as many coin collectors know, the Jackie Robinson $5 gold coin was the key coin in the series for many years before it was knocked down by issues from 2016 and later. Despite not being the key coin, it still sells over $1500 on eBay, more than coins with lower mintages in the series.

Jackie Robinson was the first player to break the trend, but this year's Negro Leagues coins symbolize the collective progress of African-American athletes in not only baseball, but other sports like football and basketball. It's an area where all African-Americans can take pride, and where other Americans can be happy for them.

EO 11110

(JON CORZINE) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
does the mint give the honorees/associates part of the profit?

wasnt that a prominent feature of the classics?

wastrel

Mr. Negative
Site Supporter
Reaction score
in the dark, probably being eaten by a grue

Isn't there a prohibition against depicting living persons on coins?

Or is that only for postage stamps?

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

I just did a search to view the coin and fat fingered a couple letters. I'm sure it'll somehow be held against me lol
Screenshot_20220115-194238.png

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
IMHO, big premiums are a US Mint scam. That's not racist. There has never been a big demand for any commemorative in 200 years.High quality rare dates, mint marks and low mintage among circulating coins have been the big winners historically.

Plus, many past commemoratives have been 90% while being marketed next to other .999 products with more advantageous bullion features. Very few people buy them and most likely the trend will remain for another 5 decades. They should all be .999 if they are not for circulation.

Buy soverigns or 20 franc gold coins with much lower premiums and similar purity.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Classic commemorative coins are issued by act of Congress. Each commemorative theme requires a separate act of Congress, but they have been consistent over the years. Here is the one for Negro Leagues:

All surcharges from sales of these coins shall be paid to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum to fund educational and outreach programs and exhibits.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
IMHO, big premiums are a US Mint scam. That's not racist. There has never been a big demand for any commemorative in 200 years.High quality rare dates, mint marks and low mintage among circulating coins have been the big winners historically.

Plus, many past commemoratives have been 90% while being marketed next to other .999 products with more advantageous bullion features. Very few people buy them and most likely the trend will remain for another 5 decades. They should all be .999 if they are not for circulation.

Buy soverigns or 20 franc gold coins with much lower premiums and similar purity.

Any commemorative?

The 1925 Stone Mountain half dollar has very high demand, even though its mintage was over 1 million.

Take a look at completed sales of MS examples of this coin on eBay, with a few going over $1000:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ar+ngc&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

A more obvious example is the 2001 Buffalo silver dollar, which is also a modern commemorative and in even higher demand:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ar+ngc&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Why didn’t they want to play baseball with blacks?

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
:belly laugh:

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Why didn’t they want to play baseball with blacks?
The owners colluded to keep them out. many players knew that they would take their jobs.
A shame, players such as Buck O'Neil, Satchel Paige, & possibly the best was Josh Gibson, never got the chance except Paige who played briefly in the big league.

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
That makes sense, politics. They would have to answer to a bunch of angry white people about job losses.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It's selling marginally better than the Law inforcement coins from last year