• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

New cell phone suggestions

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Latest Samsung G8 or the latest Samsung Note. Great cameras and fast data. I use 2 in my business and the email, maps and hotel reservation notifications are seamless. Big time savers.

SheepDog68

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I was going to replace my Samsung with a new one when the battery issue come up. I get the latest iPhone instead and am really enjoying it. It does a few things my android never could, but that is likely very specific to my circumstances!

Sd

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just being a direct line for "oogle" to oogle every micro second of your life.
But hey, I'm just paranoid that way.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm in the market for a good camera, and the Pixel camera gets rave reviews. The attached cell phone is an added feature. Fortunately, I can wait a while for prices to slip lower.

https://madeby.google.com/phone/

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
iPhone 8

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Cheap android from BLU.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I use tracfone as my phone use for the cell is strictly for emergency use while im out, have a samsung galaxy refurbished paid 39 for it from them. Cant see paying hundres for phones and plans, my play cost less than 7.00 a month, i use majic jack for home , dont have to pay all the city and federal taxes every month.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Still using an older flip phone. I hate what phones have turned into. Salesmen tell me about all the new and newest features of myriad phones...all I really want to do is call someone!

R.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I use mine for falling asleep listening to audiobooks while I play Sudoku...

Wife uses hers for facebook & messenger & whatsup, and taking 100 photos a day...

Lower-end Samsungs... usually google "Best photo smartphone from (insert 2 years ago)", and at the time they were $800, now $150 new... Buy on Amazon.

nowon

Seeker
Seeker
Maybe something made by the Chinese. That way you don't have built in NSA back doors, and the Chinese probably won't be interested enough in you to try to break into your data.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've had android phones but my next phone will be an iPhone. Too many applications suck in the android version or don't support certain features. I use my own cell phone for work purposes: second level authentication, one time pass codes, and some proprietary applications specific to computer hardware I support. The android applications are almost always inferior to iphone version of the application. For a while it got better but now the android applications are on the slide again.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Maybe something made by the Chinese. That way you don't have built in NSA back doors, and the Chinese probably won't be interested enough in you to try to break into your data.
But buy a dozen of them if not two dozen.
It will take that many to get one good one. :dduck:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just went from a Samsung s4 to a s8+......gal recently went from s3 to a s7......in both cases we purchased at Sams club...she got a 250 and I got a 350 gift cert ......so far so good on both ....much more excess memory in both...only bad is the s8 is a different type charging adaptor than all previous Samsung devices.....but both the s7 and s8+ have fantastic cameras ...and batteries are good.....all said I would prefer the s7 due to compatibility with previous....s8 also has curved edge screen which presents challenges for screen protectors...screens are superior to others I have seen

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
^^^^ agree with nick.....i have used both apple and samsung phones/pads over the years....both have strong and weak points ....but both are superior to the other products out there in my opinion....but both are $$$

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I don't know about the phone. I like the Lips at the end:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
???

dixie_cup.png