• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

New Header Poll

New Header Poll?

• Is Ok, leave as is

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Will work for now, but keep at it

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Big Miss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
ok guys, so as you have seen, I changed the header to a new layout.

This poll is private vote, so you can go yay or nay on it and no one knows either way.

Added in the kitco metal quoting box. New logo and background. Removed the old partial background.

Used the GIM round, the reverse side, for the Logo. These are actual rounds that many of us have that Gim'ers designed at the time.

I dropped the different colors for the various skins/colors/styles we have and went with one across all platforms. Black and Gold. They go together like salt and pepper.

By all means, your opinions are welcome

Bring it on,

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Looks good to me.

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Looks clean and neat Big Bear .

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Less black. Try some earthtone such as a modern green or bronze.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I like the GIM silver round.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I prefer the debt is slavery side of the coin but not enough to justify a change. Somehow the fonts got changed in the black Mobil edition so the forum map header is hard to read.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Change is good, keep having fun...

mayhem

A different perspective
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I've always been a believer of keeping is simple and to the point. The way it is now fulfills that goal. The pool is justified, just remember you can't please everyone. You could go out and hire a professional artist to create something terrific, but why spend the gold coins?

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Much easier to read now Scorp. I thought it was me :)

JFN111

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I think it looks good

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I always liked the Kitco ticker. Is TomD still around? Maybe he can get you some better pictures of the GIM rounds. If not, I'm a photographer, and I would be willing to photograph them for you.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I like what I'm seeing. I'm glad both the Kitco widget AND the JMBullion widget are up. Also like the GIM coin. Would be cool to set up a long interval rotation of coins in the header, like a different one every 12 hours or something just to keep it interesting. Could also add in a pic of "Helicopter Ben" or Yellen with a black eye with the old Tareyton cigarette tag line "I'd rather fight than raise rates!" or whatever else mocks the incompetents.

Anyway, headed in a good direction!

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
this is what I get on my 'puter... a big empty space from adblock or another filter

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I have no problem with the gap :)

I don't do internet on my phone, it drives me crazy!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I do everything on my smarter than me phone. It's so blasted convenient and I don't miss the "big screen" at all. Thanks for thinking of us little screen guys Scorp.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
How about this centered at the top with the Kitco ticker to the right:

GIM Title Banner center.jpg

And this on the left:

GIM Title Banner left.jpg

I made them the same height as the Kitco ticker -- 110 pixels.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Or the Freedom Round picture could be much larger and occupy a line above or below a line with the "Gold is Money" text on the left and the Kitco ticker on the right. (To avoid stacking on narrower screens)

To be honest, the picture has great detail on a larger scale, but the header at the top of the page shouldn't take up half the screen.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
A forum to whine. I'm not sure what happened the last time you were wrenching on the place but it seems to have upset a feature in a couple of different ways.

When I click on a thread I've never opened before the software no longer takes me to the first post but all the way down to the last post.

When clicking on a thread I'm familiar with it seems to take me to a random post somewhere past where it should have landed.

Are the above problems happening to anyone else?

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
On smaller devices I think three objects on one line would cause a lot of stacking. Tonight I might have some time to put up a revision with the same photograph that has the text incorporated and is designed to left justify.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I like the new color of the bar (new posts etc.).

I never changed from GIM Black and now for some reason on my iPad I can actually see the *** where one clicks to find 'new posts'. Before it was nearly invisible.

Never was an issue on a computer because it actually says "new posts."

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I agree with New Posts. It is the way I use the site. On small screens it gets bumped down into a menu. Would be great if there was a way to move it left in the bar so it would have a prominent place. Maybe "Home" and then "New Posts", etc.

mayhem

A different perspective
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Don't have a fancy fone but I do have a tablet, and this chromebook who's screen is no bigger than a large tablet. Use GIM Black, and I think you have it down now. Clean, simple and efficient, so stop fussin with it.

But if you be like me, ie. never really happy, and full of what if's, I know you will be changing it some more. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.