• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

New Health Insurance rate

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got my new health insurance rate increase today. Anthem BC & BS with a $5500 deductable. +24% increase over last year, zero claims.

Please post your expierence here.

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Health insurance agent here, 10+ years experience. My entire life and business revolves around keeping around 600 people satisfied year after year.

Your rate increase is very minimal. In CT, most health plans which are switching to ACA compliant coverage are going up around 80%.

Got my new health insurance rate increase today. Anthem BC & BS with a $5500 deductable. +24% increase over last year, zero claims.

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I can actually write a book on healthcare reform from my perspective, as I deal with people of all different backgrounds and income levels, I deal primarily in self-employed individuals and families.

I know all the facts regarding income guidelines where state exchanges can actually save people a lot through tax credits. The majority of people fall into that income range where they aren't hurt too badly by Obamacare, but if just 1/20th of the population is negatively affected by this.... ITS WRONG.

Hope+Change

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

:vollkommenauf:

At that point, why have insurance at all?

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I've discovered that healthcare reform is just like everything else, if ur unhappy ya complain relentlessly, if ur happy ur completely mute.

Wellsburg

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I've discovered that healthcare reform is just like everything else, if ur unhappy ya complain relentlessly, if ur happy ur completely mute.

I've discovered that healthcare reform is just like everything else that government touches, something works so they have to Fuk! it up. And I pay MORE so some slob can get his for FREE.
There, fixed it for ya.

farmer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

And, people in purely communist countries complain almost not at all.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Health insurance agent here, 10+ years experience. My entire life and business revolves around keeping around 600 people satisfied year after year.

Your rate increase is very minimal. In CT, most health plans which are switching to ACA compliant coverage are going up around 80%.

Uglytruth's insurance increased 24% and you call that very minimal? I don't. I call it obscene. Granted the 80% increase you mention is much more of an increase but that doesn't make a 24% increase "very minimal" ... it's less than 80% but it's still obscene.

This nation is going to hell in a hand basket.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I've discovered that healthcare reform is just like everything else that government touches, something works so they have to Fuk! it up. And I pay MORE so some slob can get his for FREE.
There, fixed it for ya.

I don't need anything fixed, I don't condone or condemn healthcare reform. It was just a general observation of people, same as bad news goes 100 mph and good news does not move at all, I see it everyday.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Reaction score
Just like everything else, you gotta make lemonade. The object of the game is to win. You cannot easily quit the game, but you can read the rules and find a way to put yourself on the receiving end rather than the paying end.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
:vollkommenauf:

At that point, why have insurance at all?

Simply in case I'm in an accident & run up 100K + in med bills. $5500 seems minimal. Heck I would have 20K deductable if I could.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What is health insurance? Is that something that makes sure I stay healthy? Or is it the 675 I used to pay every month and just use it once a year to get a check up? yeah i haven't had health insurance for years and that fact did rear it's head and bite me in the donkey once. Yep $16,000 for under 24 hours in the hospital...not bad, not bad at all, take'n me a while to pay it off if I live that long. OH I gets to keep my doctor too, yep which ever doctors number that comes up.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Shhhhhhhhhhh, no one is supposed to know how much of a fkin they will take till after the election.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyones rates are going up, Obama said the aca would lower rates and the average family would save 2400 a year in premiums, did he lie to us?

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyones rates are going up, Obama said the aca would lower rates and the average family would save 2400 a year in premiums, did he lie to us?

"did he lie to us?" :haha:

Yep! That was a good one, southfork!

blueice

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Crimson, is correctoe. My wife's policy, went from 256 to $462 per month with a 5700 deductible, which
is more than 2 1/2 times the previous deductible.

Thank you Commie CONgress! Thank you transformer BOCO! May you all go to HELL..:mad:

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Now,now Blue.... you don't really think those congress men and senators are there for you do you? Naw you should know by now they are there for themselves that and their own state but I can say they sure let every one down BUT hey at least they get their subsidy soooooooo O'bumber didn't lie to them.... just us....

blueice

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
59, at least the entire Repubco party saw the light.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Crimson, is correctoe. My wife's policy, went from 256 to $462 per month with a 5700 deductible, which
is more than 2 1/2 times the previous deductible.

Thank you Commie CONgress! Thank you transformer BOCO! May you all go to HELL..:mad:

Wow, its criminal isn't it and MSM wont cover these massive increases till after the election so it wont hurt the dems.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yep that they did!!!!! poor old re-publics just could not muster the vote to stop the train wreck. I wonder what happens when they enter the 51st state, the state of delusion that exists in that ten square mile cess pool? Do they check their sanity at the border of the fiction?

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Gotta come back to this one: the only way to win the game (and lose at the same time) is to force your income lower and lower until you qualify for well-subsidized insurance. Ive been telling people this for years, that incentivizing people to FAIL and thusly earn less NEVER results well for a society.

Common people are very stupid, it truly scares the shit out of me everyday, when I have to explain how the ACA works and talk to people about the different incomes (gross, gross adjusted and net) and of course encourage them to look for additional write-offs (self-employed customers generally understand it, but employed ones do NOT) and the idea of writing off certain things such as internet and cell phones, etc even though they do occasionally use them for their job is something they never once considered.

To hell in a hand basket is an understatement, for every customer I have that is furious and frantic that they have to pay double now and cant do a damned thing about it because on paper they have a good wage/salary, I have a family that easily qualifies for a $1,000 tax credit and can get insurance for $150 a month or so.

It scares me alot, because societal producers are the ones who pay for it, and pay for it dearly. I have no faith left in any of this. Everyone has their own opinion and that's fine, but I'm dragging myself in here from the trenches, and I can tell you how it really is.

Just like everything else, you gotta make lemonade. The object of the game is to win. You cannot easily quit the game, but you can read the rules and find a way to put yourself on the receiving end rather than the paying end.

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Some ObamaCare patients with high deductibles turning to community care centers:

When ObamaCare patients learn their deductible is so high they’re unlikely to get any reimbursement, they often wind up in places like the Denton, Texas Community Care Center.

"There are quite a few, and I saw another one today, where their deductibles are so elevated that they can't afford them," said Dr. Flippo Masciarelli, chief physician at the center, which was designed to treat indigent patients.

ADVERTISEMENT
Robert Laszewski of Health Policy and Strategy Associates noted, "You're going to the doctor, you're paying (a) premium, and because of this really high deductible, you're not getting any benefits."

The administration pushed insurance companies to keep premiums low, but that also created high deductibles, about $5,000 per person for the least expensive plan, as well as narrow networks of providers.

But most people buy based only on premiums.

"They don't even look at what their deductible is going to be," said Dan Mendelson, CEO of Avalere Health. "They don't look at the cost of the medications that they're on. And they don't look at the...network that they have."

Masciarelli said,"one of the ladies we saw said she called eight primary care offices before she found us..." The rest would not treat people on her plan.

Rosemary Gibson of the Hastings Center and author of "The Battle over Health Care,” said many people find themselves in the same predicament. "People are scrambling to find a doctor who will see them, who will accept their insurance, who's in their network. And if they can't, where they end up going is the safety net, which includes community health centers."

If the doctor these patients find orders additional tests or treatment, even those with ObamaCare are sometimes forced to go without.

Masciarelli said patients are honest about their problems. "They'll say you can't believe what this would cost me. I can't afford that. And they're trying to scrape together some money to get it done sometimes or, frankly, occasionally they'll say I'll just wait and see if things get worse."

That, he said, goes against the whole idea of preventive care, supposedly one of the advantages of ObamaCare, leaving many patients wondering what they're getting from the plan.

Health economist John Goodman said, "They go to community health centers because it's free or almost free and or very low charges. And that's why they're doing it. So they were coaxed to go into the ObamaCare system, they're paying premiums over there. And now they're asking what did I get for my premium? I'm having to go outside the system to get health care."

Masciarelli agreed. "We do get asked that question at times, yes, wondering you know, I have this product. I can't even use it. "

Millions signed up after the president said premiums would be less than their monthly cell phone bill. But now, even those the law was most designed to help still must pay for their own care.

That may explain why the health care act remains unpopular.The latest Fox News Poll from October 25-27 found that by a 46-26 percent margin, more voters think ObamaCare “went too far” than “didn’t go far enough.”

It also is why so many Republicans have mentioned it in their campaign ads, with one source saying it was the leading topic in mid-October, with Republicans running 12,000 ads on health care.

Jim Angle currently serves as chief national correspondent for Fox News Channel (FNC). He joined FNC in 1996 as a senior White House correspondent.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-to-community-care-centers/?intcmp=latestnews

Fanakapan

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So whats wrong with the State organised package ? and could it be that the reason those who go with private insurance are seeing rises, is because the HealthCo's have seen dwindling numbers of customers, and in order to maintain the bottom line, are hiking rates for those who stay ?

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So whats wrong with the State organised package ? and could it be that the reason those who go with private insurance are seeing rises, is because the HealthCo's have seen dwindling numbers of customers, and in order to maintain the bottom line, are hiking rates for those who stay ?

The problem is the plan was DESIGNED to fail from the start to induce the masses to DEMAND state healthcare.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
My premium doubled. I also now have a $2000 deductible to boot.

Fanakapan

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is the plan was DESIGNED to fail from the start to induce the masses to DEMAND state healthcare.

I dont pretend to have a grasp of the ins and outs of the ObamaCare malarky, but it is clear that if you view it from the right side, its the biggest act of State Control ever imposed, and viewed from the Left side, its simply wonderful :)

The fact still remains that Healthcare in the USA has been since Nixons time, a vehicle with which to relieve the masses of large amounts of money. That being said it might not be such a bad idea for some degree of State regulation and administration.

Even if the British model of healthcare provision offends American sensibilities too much, then there are many other examples of Health Insurance working hand in hand with State provision. But in all cases of partnership between Sate and Private, its the Private side that assumes the position of being the tail to the States dog, as opposed to the situation in the US where the opposite seems to be true :)

Last edited:

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is $64/mnth no deductible, 100% coverage. Back in 2008 it was $61/mnth.

Just checked and premiums went up to $69.25 Jan 1.

JFN111

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Just got my 2015 retiree benefit package and no change in rate or coverage.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Reaction score
The fact still remains that Healthcare in the USA has been since Nixons time, a vehicle with which to relieve to masses of large amounts of money.

Yes, and it wasn't sucking enough money anymore, so they created new ways (obamacare) so that it could suck more.

This is not about healthcare. It is all about the dollar and taxes. The object of their game is keep as many people as possible as poor as possible so they will keep working as much as possible so they will pay as many taxes as possible. Open your eyes and you will see that you are a cow on a farm and as soon as you have no more milk, you become hamburger.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

And how much are your taxes?

You're paying for it....it's just hidden from you.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Part of the team to minimize costs at the firm. Same plans 6% increase for employees company paying the other 20% increase

customers will be charged more to cover some if not all the extra cost
continuous analysis as the data guy
We knew it was gonna cost
can still stay in business

iphone

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Ok let's see what we have here for Jay...

#1 problem: people don't realize that it's ALL through a private insurance company. It doesn't matter how you buy it. Buy it direct, you cut a check. By it through a state exchange (that's right, it's called an EXCHANGE) then the GUBMINT pays a chunk, and you pay the rest. It's the same GOD DAMNED company, kids!

Have just concluded two potentials: Brio does NOT make much green paper, OR Brio is employed and is given insurance as part of his employment package and therefore is unaffected by this, and doesn't realize that his employer is probably ready to put a gun in his mouth/jump off a bridge over healthcare reform.

Just got my 2015 retiree benefit package and no change in rate or coverage.

See above, in this case: Retiree, over 65, etc, --not relevant.

Yes, and it wasn't sucking enough money anymore, so they created new ways (obamacare) so that it could suck more.

This is not about healthcare. It is all about the dollar and taxes. The object of their game is keep as many people as possible as poor as possible so they will keep working as much as possible so they will pay as many taxes as possible. Open your eyes and you will see that you are a cow on a farm and as soon as you have no more milk, you become hamburger.

Absolutely F***ing SPOT-ON, best post I have read in weeks. The patient protection and affordable care act of 2010 is not about human rights and humanitarianism, it's about CONTROL. It always has been.

PS: I know the above may seem arrogant, foul-mouthed, and even bold/brash. Please understand however, I really don't care. I don't. I've been dealing with this head-on for this entire year and it's made ME age 20 years since March. You can call me a pompous know it all, and I won't bat an eyelash because I do in fact, when it comes to health insurance, know it all.... If for no other reason than I've been doing this since 2004.

j-son

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
my obama plan is set to go up $120 per month starting january.

real nice.

never even used it yet.

JFN111

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
See above, in this case: Retiree, over 65, etc, --not relevant.
I'm 58, by the way, not over 65.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sure is, now you've got 10s of thousands of new government employees involved in the system and were stuck paying for them.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There is no free lunch. Add a layer of bureaucracy and costs do not go down, they go up.

Is monetizing the debt costing each and every one of us that hold or use FRNs a tax, after all I don't pay it directly. Of course it is a tax.

Canadians don't get free or cheap health care, they just pay for it through another form of taxation. Or do you think those facilities, those doctors and nurses, those medications were all donated? The government makes the decision for you is all. Because you aren't smart enough to provide for yourself, is how TPTB think.

Of course you can game the system, don't earn "taxable" income and you pay less. A homeless panhandler in the US gets completely free health care, just heads over to the emergency room, so do illegal immigrants.

The NHS of GB is the fifth largest single employer in the world according to the BBC [Walmart, DoD, Chinese Army etc higher].

The money to pay for the NHS comes directly from taxation. The 2008/9 budget roughly equates to a contribution of £1,980 for every man, woman and child in the UK.

So much for free health care. I'm sure the annual cost per man woman and child has gone up since 2009. In case pounds confuse you, that is a tax broken down per person of $3146.21. Hardly free.