• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

New member saying hi

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Hey all,

I just found this site from a link that a member posted on my local gun owner's site here in Cow Hampshire.

I'm relatively new to precious metal investing. The purpose of my precious metals investments are as follows:

My position in PMs is simply an insurance policy. I have no intention of selling back to the market. Only a portion of my overall investments are in PMs and put away 'just in case' as I would never come close to going 'all in'. I could always recover some, most or all of my investment in an emergency but the value (IMHO) would be directly proportionate to the economic and financial landscape at the time. For instance, if the economy and financial markets are doing great, the value of my PM holding would trend down, but theoretically, my 401K's would be trending upwards. If the financial or economic landscape isn't so great, theoretically my PM holdings would trend up and my 401K would suffer. Either way my other PM investment, guns, would be the most stable!

I'm looking forward to continuing the learning process here from you folks.

<===Foolsgold

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Welcome you've come to the right place.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Hey all,

I just found this site from a link that a member posted on my local gun owner's site here in Cow Hampshire.

I'm relatively new to precious metal investing. The purpose of my precious metals investments are as follows:

My position in PMs is simply an insurance policy. I have no intention of selling back to the market. Only a portion of my overall investments are in PMs and put away 'just in case' as I would never come close to going 'all in'. I could always recover some, most or all of my investment in an emergency but the value (IMHO) would be directly proportionate to the economic and financial landscape at the time. For instance, if the economy and financial markets are doing great, the value of my PM holding would trend down, but theoretically, my 401K's would be trending upwards. If the financial or economic landscape isn't so great, theoretically my PM holdings would trend up and my 401K would suffer. Either way my other PM investment, guns, would be the most stable!

I'm looking forward to continuing the learning process here from you folks.
Welcome to the board...

Mentally, that's a really good spot to be in. Insurance, not investments.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Hello and welcome to the group, we have a lot of info to share.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Welcome aboard shootist. You're obviously smarter 'n me to think of PMs as insurance straight off. I thought they were good for nothin' but boat anchors when I started out and lost a few hauls to the deep before I smartened up. Live and learn I reckon...

blueice

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Shootist is the hootist!

Delighted by your demeanor and presence. So you are from Cow Hempshire.. I maybe moving to Cow York.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Shootist is the hootist!

Delighted by your demeanor and presence. So you are from Cow Hempshire.. I maybe moving to Cow York.
Thank you. I try and keep it on the light side whenever possible.

Good luck on your move. I hear the upper state is nice but the cites aren't so much