• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

New mercury palladium coins out from mint

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
$1029 at JM
https://www.jmbullion.com/2017-1-oz-american-palladium-eagle-coin/

http://www.coinworld.com/news/preci...palladium-bullion-coins-in-september.all.html

The United States Mint will start selling American Eagle palladium coins to authorized purchasers in September, Acting Principal Deputy Mint Director David Motl told Coin World on Aug. 1.

Motl revealed the start of sales in an interview with Coin World senior editor Paul Gilkes at the American Numismatic Association World’s Fair of Money in Denver.

The bullion coins will be struck at the Philadelphia Mint and like all American Eagle bullion coins, will not have a Mint mark.

A Proof version of the coin will be offered in 2018. It will be struck at the West Point Mint and bear the W Mint mark. It will have same designs as the 2017 bullion version.

The peak of Olympic gold coins:
Another column in the August 14 weekly issue of Coin World also profiles a rubber token that promotes a commonplace object we all use.

Motl told Gilkes that the bullion coins will be struck in sufficient quantities to meet anticipated demand.

As Coin World reported previously, the coin has been a long time coming. It was authorized under provisions of the American Eagle Palladium Bullion Coin Act of 2010, which calls for production of a 1-ounce palladium coin with a $25 face value. The coin is an extension of the American Eagle bullion coin program.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Aw man ... I thought they'd managed to alloy mercury and palladium into a new metal

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
If its anything like that in hand, that's the coolest coin to come out of the mint in years.
Looks nice, wish they put it out when palladium was under 600, im not inclined to pay over 1k for it.

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
Supposedly only 15,000 minted. I can't find a complete description of the reverse of the coin. There is usually significance in how the olive branch is displayed. It looks like the Eagle is either planting the olive branch, or ripping it out of the ground. All it says on the Mint page, or elsewhere, is an Eagle and a branch! Nice description!
Link to SD Bullion for price: https://sdbullion.com/2017-american-palladium-eagle-coin-1-oz

edit: I guess it's a Laurel branch

Last edited:

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I guess if you have that kind of money to just throw around then maybe you're the last one laughing... Still, I can think of better ways to park 100 grand for sure.