• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

"New Posts" issue

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I always browse the site through "New Posts." I did the same back when we were on vBulletin. On vBulletin after I viewed a thread it would still show up under "New Posts" based upon the time of the last post -- but it would not be in bold (to show that I had viewed it since the last post). With our current software after I view a thread it vanishes from the New Post list if there hasn't been a post since I last viewed it. Often I find myself searching all over to try to find the thread so I can add a comment or re-read something.

Is there a way to change the settings so that viewed threads stay in the New Posts list?

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
My approach is to right click and open in new tabs or windows all the threads I want to look at soon, but not look at them yet.
Then click New Posts again to check for more new threads since I clicked it before.
Then click Mark Forums Read:
Clipboard03.jpg

Click New Posts again, and repeat the above until there are no new posts:
Clipboard04.jpg

Now I read the posts I previously opened, or I can click "View all recent posts" if I want to look through the full list of all posts.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
yeah weather,

otherwise I would have to purchase a updated version of the site that may be able to do what you guys want.

so one needs to either code in a 'fix' or upgrade the whole site

That is just my initial impression from taking a quick look around on it