• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

New Research Confirms We Got Cholesterol All Wrong

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
YUP, it's called, "letting it rest", as we all know how important a good "rest" can be !
A good rest improves accuracy when blasting hot lead down the lane.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Daily is the key word... today we have access to many foods that the yesteryear population could only dream of... "To much of a good thing can be disasterous" is a good reminder when it come to eating & dieting wisely & smartly. Everyday shouldnt be Thanksgiving Day. We still eat pies, cakes, & other supposedly nonhealthy foods, we just dont consume these foods very often ...

If I hadnt been diagnosed with CVD I would be using the Keto diet... Post my CABG my Cardiologist advised me that cardiac patients should not use the Keto diet as he said it stresses the heart muscle more than other diets... Recently BPA which is a synthetic female hormon used in plastics and also as a protective liner in Aluminum & Tin food & beverage cans has been linked to corrupting insulin production, causing diabetes & possibly the feminization of males... This is just more ammo in the argument to eat fresh foods avoiding processed & canned beverages & foods... stay away from beverages, etc. packed in plastic, as these are high risk for concentrations of BPA...
Yep. Earth grown nutrients have sustained mankind since the dawn of time. It's all about clean, high nutrient density food and eating to live, not living to eat!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yep. Earth grown nutrients have sustained mankind since the dawn of time. It's all about clean, high nutrient density food and eating to live, not living to eat!
When you eat the wrong stuff, you end up living to eat. When you eat the right stuff, it's much easier to eat to live. Even if you're eating to live, though, it's OK to enjoy the hell outta your food. Bacon and eggs, steak and mushrooms, pork loin and kraut, roast chicken and cole slaw, homemade beef and vegetable soup, onion burgers with sautéed onions, salmon burgers with grilled red peppers; shall I go on? Nope, I've got a big pot of homemade chili on the stove, right now, with beef, garlic sausage, onions, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes and a perfect blend of SOG chili spices. "It's gonna be good (In my vest BBQ Pit Boys voice), oh yeah."

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
WAITRESS: And for you, sir?
JOHN: I’ll have the top sirloin.
WAITRESS: And how would you like that cooked.
JOHN: Just whack off the horns, wipe its ass, and throw it on the plate.
WAITRESS: Rare?
JOHN: Rare.
Silver, your post made me go look for an oldie BUT goodie that I have had for eons !
If this isn't a "classic" I don't know what is !!!

irritated cowboy.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
When you eat the wrong stuff, you end up living to eat. When you eat the right stuff, it's much easier to eat to live. Even if you're eating to live, though, it's OK to enjoy the hell outta your food. Bacon and eggs, steak and mushrooms, pork loin and kraut, roast chicken and cole slaw, homemade beef and vegetable soup, onion burgers with sautéed onions, salmon burgers with grilled red peppers; shall I go on? Nope, I've got a big pot of homemade chili on the stove, right now, with beef, garlic sausage, onions, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes and a perfect blend of SOG chili spices. "It's gonna be good (In my vest BBQ Pit Boys voice), oh yeah."
Yeah, part of the beauty of being strong and active is the ability to enjoy the heck out of cramming in calories.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yeah, part of the beauty of being strong and active is the ability to enjoy the heck out of cramming in calories.

Perhaps I'm reading you wrong here, NM, but I'm not advocating cramming in excessive calories. I'm just saying that high quality food can taste really, really good. It doesn't have to be watercress sammiches and cottage cheese, with a side of bran.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I've got a big pot of homemade chili on the stove, right now, with beef, garlic sausage, onions, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes and a perfect blend of SOG chili spices. "It's gonna be good (In my vest BBQ Pit Boys voice), oh yeah."
I did the same 2 days ago, but with pork, tomatillos, onion, lots a garlic, all kinds of fresh chili's & bell peppers.
I make a big batch & freeze in our portion size for when we don't have time to cook a meal, same with spaghetti. We use spaghetti squash for noodles & other times we do real noodles.
Damn, I getting hungry !!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Perhaps I'm reading you wrong here, NM, but I'm not advocating cramming in excessive calories. I'm just saying that high quality food can taste really, really good. It doesn't have to be watercress sammiches and cottage cheese, with a side of bran.
I was agreeing with you by pointing out that as long as you exercise the body, the spectrum of food stuffs that can be converted into usable energy goes up exponentially. The reason Brian Shaw can "cram in" excessive calories is because he's 6'8" 420 pounds and lifts 1000# up off the floor etc.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I did the same 2 days ago, but with pork, tomatillos, onion, lots a garlic, all kinds of fresh chili's & bell peppers.
I make a big batch & freeze in our portion size for when we don't have time to cook a meal, same with spaghetti. We use spaghetti squash for noodles & other times we do real noodles.
I blame GIM for my current weight... Can't post on any sub forum here without getting hungry! Maybe it's just me. 1537638965798.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It doesn't have to be watercress sammiches and cottage cheese, with a side of bran.
Ok THAT killed my appetite! "watercress on a plain rice cake, non fat cottage cheese with a side of bran twigs and goji berries."

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I was agreeing with you by pointing out that as long as you exercise the body, the spectrum of food stuffs that can be converted into usable energy goes up exponentially. The reason Brian Shaw can "cram in" excessive calories is because he's 6'8" 420 pounds and lifts 1000# up off the floor etc.
Gotcha. He is one big boy. Youth helps a lot, too. The older you get, the more your metabolism slows down and so does the appetite and ability to process and use food. That boy's a whole foot taller than I am and over twice my weight, as well as maybe half my age. But, $170 will feed me and the missus for over a week. I'm grateful for that.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The reason Brian Shaw can "cram in" excessive calories is because he's 6'8" 420 pounds and lifts 1000# up off the floor etc.
I'll bet that his heart really loves him, not !!!

I blame GIM for my current weight... Can't post on any sub forum here without getting hungry! Maybe it's just me.
Ohhh, IDK, I think it's somewhere between my smeller, forks & spoons. :secret::winks2:

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
Same here. I've been hard Keto/Paleo/Carnivore for a number of months now. I eat mostly beef, pork, chicken, fish and eggs and HQ fats, with a moderate amount of peripheral dairy (cheese, sour cream, heavy cream) and vegetables, fruit and nuts. I would say, by volume, my diet is 80% meat and eggs. Here are my results, which I have been tracking closely: A) Fatigue is much improved, B) Body Aches, much improved, C) Migraines are gone!, D) Gastro-esophageal reflux is much better, E) Spastic esophagus is way better, F) Digestion is much improved, G) Allergies are better, H) I'm much less irritable, nervous and have less anxiety, I) I'm sleeping like a baby, now, like easily 7-8 hours straight, J) Hunger is more moderate, K) I'm thinking more clearly, L) Hemorrhoids are less bothersome, fewer flare-ups, (are hemorrhoids maybe a result of inflammation? Less inflammation, fewer flare-ups?) M) Now, this one is interesting, but if I wake up to pee at night, I can go much more easily, the flow is great, which is a relief. N) Last, my BS and BP readings are better; not phenomenal, but better (I'm diabetic with high blood pressure). My weight is slightly down, but I've been hitting the iron three times a week, so I'm certain my body composition is better. The muscle is thicker and more density. This stuff is from my notebook. I've been watching closely and tracking everything. So, this all being anecdotal, take it with the proverbial grain of Himalayan salt, but this is my personal experience. I should also point out that I've been using this diet with a significant amount of intermittent fasting. I eat little or no breakfast, a light, metabolically neutral lunch around noon or so and a good dinner around five or six. Not a huge dinner. Then, no food till the next day. Breakfast is usually a mug of coffee, hot or cold with cream, Ghirardelli cocao and stevia. Sometimes I'll blend up some cocoa butter in my hot coffee. Man is that good!

You or any of you guys want to loose weight and eat beneficially within your diet; read "Right for Your Type" - D'Adamo.
How the bodies blood reacts to non-beneficial food, and how and where the calories are then stored... read it.
Many of you know the poisons you consume, and continue because they are so damn good.
But so would be additional healthy years of existence.

Side note: Doctors do not learn, they preach.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We do the same thing with chili; eat some, freeze some. Also use the spaghetti squash. It's good stuff. Fewer calories than pasta, tastes better, more fiber and nutrition.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You or any of you guys want to loose weight and eat beneficially within your diet; read "Right for Your Type" - D'Adamo.
How the bodies blood reacts to non-beneficial food, and how and where the calories are then stored... read it.
Many of you know the poisons you consume, and continue because they are so damn good.

Eat earth grown nutrients every 2-4 hours based on what you just did and are about to do. Eat until you're satisfied not full. Bingo bango Bob's your Auntie.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Part of the reason for the foods I've settled on is a lot of experimentation and food elimination, reintroduction, etc. What works is what my body tolerates well. The wife can allow a few things I can't and can't tolerate some things I can. Everybody's different.

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
The problem with bacon isn't the bacon, it's all the laboratory chemicals that are added to mass-produced supermarket bacon. Especially sodium nitrate.
In "Right for Your Type" - D'Adamo, bacon is the only food classified to "avoid" for ALL blood types.
Why?
All blood types thicken when pork is received.
Thick blood, shorter life.

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
Part of the reason for the foods I've settled on is a lot of experimentation and food elimination, reintroduction, etc. What works is what my body tolerates well. The wife can allow a few things I can't and can't tolerate some things I can. Everybody's different.
Every blood type is different, and people fit their blood types.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Oh he didn't just attack BACON did he!!! BAN HIM!

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
Eat earth grown nutrients every 2-4 hours based on what you just did and are about to do. Eat until you're satisfied not full. Bingo bango Bob's your Auntie.
That's for type A blood, not O's as I am.
I have only dated type A women, and they need snacks.
Type O, nope, just meals.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
If you went 30 days Blood Type Diet, and then tried bacon.
Salty wax and texture all wrong.
Know it, done it, seen it.
Pork is for porkers.
Mmmm salty wax and eggs on a toasted bun!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
But, $170 will feed me and the missus for over a week. I'm grateful for that.
How about that, the Mrs. & I were also discussing that yesterday. She has friends that spend $200 a week for the 2 of them. We spend half of that a week, except for fish, crab & clams. When we eat them, it's impossible to figure the cost AND if I did , we might do without !! Probably in the $200/lb. bracket.
We watch the sales & we are careful to not buy too much, that way very little is thrown out. We also grow some of our food. I make my own growing medium (soil). Vermiculite, peat moss, composted cow manure & our kitchen scraps composted. Good stuff !!!
IMG_0025 (Small).JPG IMG_0026 (Medium).JPG IMG_0021 (Medium).JPG

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
How about that, the Mrs. & I were also discussing that yesterday. She has friends that spend $200 a week for the 2 of them. We spend half of that a week, except for fish, crab & clams. When we eat them, it's impossible to figure the cost AND if I did , we might do without !! Probably in the $200/lb. bracket.
We watch the sales & we are careful to not buy too much, that way very little is thrown out. We also grow some of our food. I make my own growing medium (soil). Vermiculite, peat moss, composted cow manure & our kitchen scraps composted. Good stuff !!!
View attachment 111731 View attachment 111732 View attachment 111733
Very nice set up.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Nice greenhouse Tazermon!

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
lol, Thanks for the laughs! I needed that.

Bacon Banners Be Damned!
Damned and deported! Isn't bacon like an essential fatty acid? If you don't get enough of it, you die?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Damned and deported! Isn't bacon like an essential fatty acid? If you don't get enough of it, you die?
Aftre all bacon is really just processed vegetables right?

1537640612851.png

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

I see a lot of FAT nurses, not too many fat doc's. How can anyone working in the medical field allow themselves to get 100 lb's or more, over weight ??

Everything in moderation, according to Mrs. T.

"Fit For Life" by Harvey & Marilyn Diamond is good too, if you don't like Keto/Paleo/Atkins. Basics are food combinations. They call it a life style change, not a diet.
It works too. Get the original book from 1985, it's cheap & the best edition.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I listened to a great audio book of a writing from back in the 20's. It talked about the "extremely fat people" who were 150#ers. That tells quite a story!

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Bob, how the hell can a person do that ? Almost EVERTHING is packaged in plastic, even produce, so they can put the UPC code on it !
Cheese, meats, bakery stuff, ..... are packaged in plastic too!
I didnt say it was easy... LOL! Water, milk, soda, baby bottles, even baby formular etc. are all sold in PLASTIC containers & high risk for BPA ... I remember back when a glass bottle of soda $.10 & a one cent returnable deposit. There wasnt any BPA or any other harmful chemicals in the container... In Mexican food stores, you can still buy Coca-Cola in glass bottles made with cane sugar instead of fructose... Of course a 2 ltr glass soda bottle may be to heavy & expensive to retail vs the plastic... Do you remember when the office water cooler used glass containers?

I'm not drinking any soda or water out of a plastic bottle if I can help it... I'm trying to avoid diabetes not contract the disease... Caveat Emptor

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Nice greenhouse Tazermon!
Thanks guys, the raised boxes were a, plan ahead for old age, now that we are there, I'm glad I had the foresight.
We do our string beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, chili's, spices & some tomatoes in there. Then we have an outdoors fenced garden for more tomatoes, spices, basil & pot.

Untitled.jpg

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I didnt say it was easy... LOL! Water, milk, soda, baby bottles, even baby formular etc. are all sold in PLASTIC containers & high risk for BPA ... I remember back when a glass bottle of soda $.10 & a one cent returnable deposit. There wasnt any BPA or any other harmful chemicals in the container... In Mexican food stores, you can still buy Coca-Cola in glass bottles made with cane sugar instead of fructose... Of course a 2 ltr glass soda bottle may be to heavy & expensive to retail vs the plastic... Do you remember when the office water cooler used glass containers?

I'm not drinking any soda or water out of a plastic bottle if I can help it... I'm trying to avoid diabetes not contract the disease... Caveat Emptor
When I was still a teenager, I had a job with a spring water company, delivering those damn heavy things. Five gallons of water is 40# then the glass bottle had to be ten pounds, itself; they were thick! So, two at a time, into homes, businesses, up steps with one on your shoulder and one in the left hand. It was a job and a half. Amazingly, I never broke one and I was there for quite a while, couple years, anyway.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Thanks guys, the raised boxes were a, plan ahead for old age, now that we are there, I'm glad I had the foresight.
We do our string beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, chili's, spices & some tomatoes in there. Then we have an outdoors fenced garden for more tomatoes, spices, basil & pot.

View attachment 111741
Niiice. (the photo...)

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

An old favorite !

You are what you eat,
Said a wise old man.
Yee gawds,
If that's true,
I'm a garbage can !