• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

New user - found you on a coin..

Hello goldismoney.

My name is Mike, but I've been using itchy166 online for a long time, so why change now? I am from Edmonton, Canada, but spend a little more than two thirds of my time in the United States - usually ND and TX, but occasionally CO as well.

I was out today in Odessa, TX looking to buy some silver/gold, found a dealer that I had never been to, and came across a coin with this website's address on it. I couldn't resist adding the two he had to today's loot.

And so, here I am...

Thank you. Yes, I think it will take awhile to look around all the forum has to offer. Looking forward to meeting some like-minded individuals.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Hi Mike, welcome aboard.

We love field reports here at GIM2, can you tell us what you saw as far as supply/demand at PM dealers?

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
howdy

I can do my best, but I am lacking a bit of perspective in Odessa as I haven't been here long.

I've been to two local places in Odessa this month, the first was a pawn shop that also carries bullion. It's stock of bullion was low compared to similar type establishments I've been to in other places, but like I said, I don't know if it is low for them.

The establishment I went to today was a store with two sections - a jewelry store on one side, and a coin and bullion dealer on the other. Their selection of coins with numismatic or collectible value was quite large. As far as bullion goes however, they appeared to be quite low in both silver and gold..

On a different note, I just happened to be browsing Provident Metals' website last week, and noticed that their 2016 Canadian silver Maples were out of stock for a few hours. They are currently showing as "in stock and ready to ship".

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
On a different note, I just happened to be browsing Provident Metals' website last week, and noticed that their 2016 Canadian silver Maples were out of stock for a few hours. They are currently showing as "in stock and ready to ship".
Thanks. I know the RCM went on allocation for gold and silver products last year, do you happen to know if they ever went off rationing of either gold and/or silver?

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Odessa Texas...
It's been 40 years since I spent 2 weeks there.
I remember the flavor of the local water as.. well , distinctive.
But an outdoor Jacuzzi in January & a couple brews made for a good time.
Anyway, Canucks always welcome.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
What year GIM rounds?

do you happen to know if they ever went off rationing of either gold and/or silver?
I do not know if their production run is larger or smaller than in previous years. It would make some sense to me that they are making smaller numbers of Maples, as they produce quite a number of different collectible coins which have a much better mark-up for them.

Hello searcher. I was just browsing some of your recent posts. Really cool stuff you put up.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Hello searcher. I was just browsing some of your recent posts. Really cool stuff you put up.
:beer:

Thanks for the kind words.

I enjoy posting in the Leisure Activities and Hobbies area of the forum.

Spending too much time in the Politics area can be hazardous to your mental health. lol

Last edited:
Spending too much time in the Politics area can be hazardous to you mental health.
I hear you, I have given up on politics altogether. I just feel that there are more important, practical, and/or rewarding things to focus on.

Thank you Haystackneedle ..

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
hey up itchy,

that is a seriously cool way to stumble into this place,

below the bulls foot on the original runs was a 'S', which was first stike

those without the S were struck 2nd and later. We ended up making somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15,000 rounds per year for 2 different periods I think. Would have to go back and look at my rounds to verify dates and all that jazz.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I purchased a hoard of the first strikes after people who originally committed flaked out and a bunch were just sitting there waiting to be bought. My memory is saying they went for around 13 bucks at the time.

that is a seriously cool way to stumble into this place
Yes, I think they are great, and am glad to have stumbled upon them (and landed here). I suppose that advertising was part of their purpose? Or were they only offered for sale here?

Anyway, I had a good time browsing through all the collectible numismatic stuff today (which I never buy), and finally rifling through the bullion that was for sale. All the bullion was secondary market condition except for some new and wrapped OPM metals one ounce bars. The per ounce price was the same for whatever he had, so I looked at them all to find anything that might be interesting. "Abolish the Federal Reserve" and "Debt is Slavery" made them keepers.

My memory is saying they went for around 13 bucks at the time
They currently go for $21 in Odessa

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Welcome to the board!

That addy on the coin worked!

Thanks Goldhedge

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
^^ Gotta like this guy's go-get-em innovative spirit!

Hafta try that instead now that folks seem to have caught on to my nigerian prince email scam.

26a7f1dc7f4dbb697c0cef3e8aaaaca2.jpg

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
itchy don't get roped into the monthly installment scheme do the one time payment saves you on processing fees. Don't be a fool.

Hello GiM, I'm Homestead Woman. I've been a small farmer most of my life, practicing some degree of self-sufficiency. My partner and I are getting older now and not able to do so much but we still try to keep up as much self-sufficiency as possible. We suspect the world is going to hell in a handbasket eventually so we are preppers too. I found your site when I was chasing down some disturbing information on the Berkey water filter. It looked like a really good site for information so I asked to join and here I am. Thanks for letting me join. I hope I can contribute a little that I may have learned as well as learning more here.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Hello GiM, I'm Homestead Woman. I've been a small farmer most of my life, practicing some degree of self-sufficiency. My partner and I are getting older now and not able to do so much but we still try to keep up as much self-sufficiency as possible. We suspect the world is going to hell in a handbasket eventually so we are preppers too. I found your site when I was chasing down some disturbing information on the Berkey water filter. It looked like a really good site for information so I asked to join and here I am. Thanks for letting me join. I hope I can contribute a little that I may have learned as well as learning more here.
Hello and welcome aboard.

Have a great weekend.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
We once were lost but now are found, were blind but now we see, everyone is my superior in that I may learn from them. God help us with whats going on in our country today. I've never seen such totalitarianism and an attempt to suppress the right of a nation as today in my 66 years of life.