• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

New Zealand Prime Minister announces immediate ban on all assault weapons

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
New Zealand Prime Minister announces immediate ban on all assault weapons

Telegraph Reporters,The Telegraph 6 hours ago

New Zealand will ban military-style semi-automatic and assault rifles under tough new gun laws following the killing of 50 people in the country's worst mass shooting, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Thursday.
In the immediate aftermath of Friday's shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, Ms Ardern labelled the attack as terrorism and said New Zealand's gun laws would change.
"On 15 March our history changed forever. Now, our laws will too. We are announcing action today on behalf of all New Zealanders to strengthen our gun laws and make our country a safer place," Ms Ardern told a new conference.
“All semi-automatic weapons used during the terrorist attack on Friday 15 March will be banned."
Ms Ardern said she expects the new laws to be in place by April 11 and a buy-back scheme will be established for banned weapons.
The buyback would cost up to NZ$200 million ($138 million), she said.
All military style semi-automatics (MSSA) and assault rifles would be banned, along with parts used to convert weapons into MSSAs and all high-capacity magazines.
Under existing New Zealand gun laws, A-category weapons can be semi-automatic but limited to seven shots. Live-streamed video of a gunman in one of the mosques showed a semi-automatic weapon with a large magazine.
Australia banned semi-automatic weapons and launched a gun buy-back after the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 in which 35 people were gunned down.
Ms Ardern said that similar to Australia, the new gun laws will allow for strictly enforced exemptions for farmers to conduct pest control and animal welfare.
"I strongly believe that the vast majority of legitimate gun owners in New Zealand will understand that these moves are in the national interest, and will take these changes in their stride."
Floral tributes to those who were gunned down at the two mosques are seen against a wall bordering the Botanical Garden in Christchurch Credit: MARTY MELVILLE/AFP
New Zealand, a country of less than 5 million people, has an estimated 1.2-1.5 million firearms, around 13,500 of them MSSA type weapons.
Most farmers in the Pacific country own guns, which they use for killing pests such as possums and rabbits, and for putting down injured stock.
Recreational hunting of deer, pigs and goats is popular for sport and food, while gun clubs and shooting ranges dot the country.
That has created a powerful lobby which has thwarted previously attempts to tighten gun laws after other mass shootings in New Zealand and overseas.
Federated Farmers, which represent thousands of farmers, said it supported the change.
"This will not be popular among some of our members but...we believe this is the only practicable solution," Federated Farmers Rural Security spokesman Miles Anderson said in a statement.
The changes exclude two general classes of firearms which are commonly used for hunting, pest control, stock management on farms, and duck shooting.
"I have a military style weapon. But to be fair, I don't really use it, I don't really need it," said Noel Womersley, who slaughters cattle for small farmers around Christchurch.
"So I'm quite happy to hand mine over, to be fair."
Ms Ardern said the next tranche of reforms will cover the firearm registry and licencing.
Also on Thursday, police said they'd inadvertently charged Tarrant with the murder of a person who is still alive.
Police said in a statement they had apologized to the person incorrectly named on the document and would change the charge sheet. They said the charge remains valid, so there was no chance the suspect would be released as a result of the error.
Police did not offer further details of what went wrong or make anybody available for an interview.
The name of the person on the charging sheet has been suppressed by court order. Officials said more charges against Tarrant would follow.
Tarrant, 28, is next scheduled to appear in court on April 5, and Bush said investigations into him were continuing. Police have said they are certain Tarrant was the only gunman but are still investigating whether he had support.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/zealand-prime-minister-announces-immediate-022027645.html

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
As I stated on another forum, the guy was licensed and passed all the training and background checks for a Class A license...he was not authorized to have access to MSAS...yet despite the laws and rules he still managed to get his hands on one....so I need to ask how did implement all those rules and laws work out for NZ?........exactly

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Good, we'll see how many kiwis turn in their weapons. I have no illusions that the kiwis, like the aussies, are far stupider than any of us gave then credit for and will hand over their weapons.

One by one countries are falling to the commies and there's no stopping it now

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
As I stated on another forum, the guy was licensed and passed all the training and background checks for a Class A license...he was not authorized to have access to MSAS...yet despite the laws and rules he still managed to get his hands on one....so I need to ask how did implement all those rules and laws work out for NZ?........exactly
They don't want to govern gun ownership, they want to BAN it!!!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Firearms are banned and now, here come the Muslims! This woman has single handedly converted her country into the same commie leftist class as the Aussie's! So sad to see our friends down there losing so much ground. It's happening here too! The dam which has helped keep the light of 2A burning, which has been made up of what's left for Republicans and the NRA, is starting to spring leaks and threatening to put out the last flicker of freedom we have left!!! More and more gun control bills are getting brought before Congress every day now. One will slip through into law which the patriotic American will refuse to comply with. At that point its SHTF time folks!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
New Zealand will ban military-style semi-automatic and assault rifles under tough new gun laws following the killing of 50 people in the country's worst mass shooting, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Thursday.
Got a question for you Jacinda:

Will you be terminating the services of all your armed guards?

If not, will you be forcing your armed security team to forfiet their "assault weapons" and use only clubs and single shot rifles to protect you and yours?

I didn't think so, you f*cking hypocrite.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
“All semi-automatic weapons used during the terrorist attack on Friday 15 March will be banned."
That was what 1 or 2 guns?
I didn't know they had a dictatorship in NZ. Is the population that stupid? My answer is probably.

If they try that here I would suggest the drop off point be DC.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sounds like a really logical idea
We should try it here

:countdown:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
1553218875812.png

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
use only clubs and single shot rifles to protect you and yours?
Those are assault weapons also....... along with baseball bats, sharp sticks, rocks, bricks, acid, hot oil, the monetary system, cars, chains, rope, etc......

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
But wait! There's MORE!!!

The dark curtain of censorship descends on a bookstore chain.

Bookstore chain removes Jordan Peterson's books from sale after Christchurch attacks

Susan Edmunds
Stuff
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 10:30 UTC

© Mikko Stig/Rex/Shutterstock
Bookstore chain Whitcoulls appears to have stopped selling controversial right-wing author and speaker Jordan Peterson's book 12 Rules for Life amid concerns about "disturbing material" circulating around the Christchurch attacks.

A staff member at Whitcoulls in Albany said it was not available in any stores around the country. She did not know whether that was a permanent move. A search for the book on the chain's website does not return any hits.

Jordan Peterson was pictured with a fan wearing an "I'm a proud Islamophobe" t-shirt during his recent trip to New Zealand. The photo circulated on Twitter in the wake of the Christchurch mosque attacks.

The book contains little reference to Islam but Peterson has previously been criticised for his description of Muhammad as a "warlord".

In an apparent email to a customer shared on Twitter, a representative said that the book was "currently unavailable which is a decision that Whitcoulls has made in light of some extremely disturbing material being circulated prior, during and after the Christchurch attacks.

"As a business which takes our responsibilities to our communities seriously, we believe it would be wrong to support the author at this time."

Whitcoulls has been approached for comment, but has not so far confirmed the email, or their stance.

Jess Berentson-Shaw, of thinktank The Workshop, said it was positive if businesses in New Zealand were showing that they valued an inclusive society "and are prepared to follow that through".

There is still a listing on the Whitcoulls website for people to order Mein Kampf, by Adolf Hitler.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Like I said before, I have friends down there. They will not be standing in line to turn in Sh!^...... The Kiwi's are not near as loyal to the crown as the Aussies and trust me the Aussies still have millions of "things" in circulation.....
They had better stand up and fight soon otherwise they'll be swallowed up by the communists like their Aussie friends. Like the UK, the Kiwis will be forced to turn over their butter knives and sharp sticks for their own protection

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
But wait! There's MORE!!!

The dark curtain of censorship descends on a bookstore chain.

Bookstore chain removes Jordan Peterson's books from sale after Christchurch attacks

Susan Edmunds
Stuff
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 10:30 UTC

© Mikko Stig/Rex/Shutterstock
Bookstore chain Whitcoulls appears to have stopped selling controversial right-wing author and speaker Jordan Peterson's book 12 Rules for Life amid concerns about "disturbing material" circulating around the Christchurch attacks.

A staff member at Whitcoulls in Albany said it was not available in any stores around the country. She did not know whether that was a permanent move. A search for the book on the chain's website does not return any hits.

Jordan Peterson was pictured with a fan wearing an "I'm a proud Islamophobe" t-shirt during his recent trip to New Zealand. The photo circulated on Twitter in the wake of the Christchurch mosque attacks.

The book contains little reference to Islam but Peterson has previously been criticised for his description of Muhammad as a "warlord".

In an apparent email to a customer shared on Twitter, a representative said that the book was "currently unavailable which is a decision that Whitcoulls has made in light of some extremely disturbing material being circulated prior, during and after the Christchurch attacks.

"As a business which takes our responsibilities to our communities seriously, we believe it would be wrong to support the author at this time."

Whitcoulls has been approached for comment, but has not so far confirmed the email, or their stance.

Jess Berentson-Shaw, of thinktank The Workshop, said it was positive if businesses in New Zealand were showing that they valued an inclusive society "and are prepared to follow that through".

There is still a listing on the Whitcoulls website for people to order Mein Kampf, by Adolf Hitler.
The only problem they could have with Peterson is that he’s a clear thinking individual who drives at the truth. Maybe he asks too many questions that some people find inconvenient.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It's a shame how far and how fast NZ has fallen. What's it been, a week? Already guns are banned, the internet is censored and the media is all covered up yet there's no panic in the streets and things seem normal. I suppose the people of NZ have settled in nicely with the change. You can't make this shit up!!

1553260885048.png

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
It's a shame how far and how fast NZ has fallen. What's it been, a week? Already guns are banned, the internet is censored and the media is all covered up yet there's no panic in the streets and things seem normal. I suppose the people of NZ have settled in nicely with the change. You can't make this shit up!!

View attachment 126736
They look like wannabes.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The only problem they could have with Peterson is that he’s a clear thinking individual who drives at the truth. Maybe he asks too many questions that some people find inconvenient.
Yep! A few inconvenient questions to spread some real inconvenient truths to those spouting lies.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I see, in the future there, many more trucks of peace and or home-made ieds because people that want to do stuff like that will find a way.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
People keep doubling down on electing female politicians then wonder why the world has no balls to fight back!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Time to leave New Zealand? Or time to eliminate their political class?

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Kind of a re-run, courtesy of Rocky, who thinks google.com and snopes.com are quite enough to contain free thinkers; Rocky should Google Images for "then he provided a link to CNN!"

So "world video of the year" that earns New Zealand residents 10y in jail today. Yes L&G, if you+I lived in New Zealand (who is a member of five eyes) we would find ourselves in handcuffs within 24h. I first brought this video to KRS the day after the tragedy: 49 people perished!! (hmm: somehow, the day after publishing to KRS, they found body #50 inside the mosque. Eh??? Someone may want to check in with Snopes again). Warning to first-watchers: you may find first video gory
Mosque Staged Shooting Aftermath - Analysis and Breakdown

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=3R9RSUMM6W8N

Well, here is the kicker: timestamp 3.22 on the below slo-mo explains that one of the 3 mortally wounded, laying opposite to videographer (arm rested on his hip), is NOT IN HIS FINAL POSITION. He happens to only be getting into his eventual position that you will observe in the later part. Not to mention the one laying next to him is later on the phone. Not to mention the only one who left a BLOOD SPLATTER on a good dozen of the (first+second) mosques' walls IS NOT DEAD (look at his posture, once Imam raises him).

L&G, timestamp 3.22 proves staging. If NZ was staged with two videos, changed laws, and 50 closed-casket mourned - then so were the many a world mass shootings. Prove me wrong! (don't just spit in my face and state I'm wrong)

For the bottom link, go FULL SCREEN:
1. ok, only Linwood Imam may be of the culture to render any aid whatsoever. The followers may be in shock. But then: who taught a DOZEN of them here to NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, let go of the video and audio functions of their phones??
2. by the opposite wall: not all "three gunned down" were initially laying in position
3. only after 13th minute, we realize (by the eye-wound man's upright posture) he hasn't been quite DEAD all this time - so why did the man in his twenties, arm rested on hip, hasn't been helping him but ONLY filming him??
4. Full-frontal-blooded white shirt walks around, then lands onto a chair. Blood-packs are passed around like candy
5. Everyone sitting (by walls) or walking (around) are really not doing anything. Some just seem to point (others) in certain directions, that's the sole function and execution. Nothing else. They look like an exhausted, laboring team during half-time. No adrenaline is pumping
6. The only smiler (young Adidas ambassador) shows up in the final frame. BTW, half of them are quite young, full of energy and in sporty gear
NZ - Christchurch - Frame-By-Frame Footage Breakdown!

NZ - Christchurch - Frame-By-Frame Footage Breakdown!
Fame-By-Frame! TIPS! 1. Watch any footage in normal speed and observe what is being said about the foo...​