• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

NFL TV ratings get thrown for another double-digit loss

HardTruth

Silver Miner
Seeker
Trying to pin down the origination of rap music will be pretty difficult.
Most people probably believe rap music came from African tribal drums but it was really the combination of cultures
that gave us todays "modern" rap sound.
Only two forms of music exhibit characteristics of being a monody marked by rhythm,
Rap music and Gregorian chant or "plainchant".
Poetic improvisation using a beat at slow or fast tempo in which the text is more important than the music.
The word "rap" was used in the 16th century in Europe to denote "telling the tale".
Rap also has a similarity with Celtic music in which singers duel their phrases with rhythms.
The unintended influence of Scottish/Irish music upon the African American sounds probably formed American rap.
--------------
Edit:
Sorry everyone, thread creep.
Couldn't help myself.
I know a tad about music. :}

Back in 1966 , the Beatles did a song called TOMMORROW NEVER KNOWS. This may be 1 of the 1st times a drum fill was looped and used repeatedly throughout a whole song. In other words, Ringo did not play the drums thru the whole song . He came up with a drum fill that lasted a few bars and that was just repeatedly looped for the whole song . IMHO, this is 1 of the earliest examples of this idea which is now prevalent in rap music which uses a single drum pattern repeatedly from a drum machine/keyboard.
Then in 1968 , The Beatles did a experimental song called REVOLUTION 9 { its awful
} . It was a bunch of looped sounds/ noises . Lennon is quoted as saying " THIS IS THE MUSIC OF THE FUTURE, BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE TO EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY A INSTRUMENT TO CREATE IT " . Kinda prophetic ?

More recently, the band Blondie is often cited as creating a song that was a precursor to the rap style , with their song called RAPTURE.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Only one season!? I thought they made it to season three, for some reason. It's a shame. That show had a strong core of followers and everything going for it, from characters, acting, writing, production quality, you name it.

And you're right. The thing that is obvious from the start is that these folks are always trying to stay one step ahead of TPTB, most exemplified by the young doc and his gov abused sister, running from agency thugs who want her back. And the mysterious "Shepherd" who might not actually be a shepherd. Themes that are so affirming to folks like us.
I'm a Browncoat. Look for another sifi series called Dark Matter. It's good too.

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Only one season!? I thought they made it to season three, for some reason. It's a shame. That show had a strong core of followers and everything going for it, from characters, acting, writing, production quality, you name it.

And you're right. The thing that is obvious from the start is that these folks are always trying to stay one step ahead of TPTB, most exemplified by the young doc and his gov abused sister, running from agency thugs who want her back. And the mysterious "Shepherd" who might not actually be a shepherd. Themes that are so affirming to folks like us.
Read this link if you are curious. The story unfolds in the comic books that followed the series.
http://firefly.wikia.com/wiki/Serenity:_The_Shepherd's_Tale

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I'm a Browncoat. Look for another sifi series called Dark Matter. It's good too.
I looked that one up on Hulu and watched the first episode. Looks interesting, lots of mystery, intriguing characters and definite potential for action. I'm in for at least a few episodes, maybe more.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I looked that one up on Hulu and watched the first episode. Looks interesting, lots of mystery, intriguing characters and definite potential for action. I'm in for at least a few episodes, maybe more.
The Android grows on ya. She has her moments.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Instead of the NFL I have been watching Netflix:

El Patrone Del Mal (Pablo Escobar)

El Chema

Surviving Escobar Alias JJ

Narcos

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Missing the point but, oh well.
I got your point. Trump doesn't have first amendment rights because he's part of the government and despite him taking no tangible action you still want him to shut up.

Fwiw - unless and until he tries force I'm behind him.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I got your point. Trump doesn't have first amendment rights because he's part of the government and despite him taking no tangible action you still want him to shut up.

Wait...I was just looking up these Escobar based series and now we're back to the original thread topic? You guys need to warn me, you're killing me man! :rage 1

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Wait...I was just looking up these Escobar based series and now we're back to the original thread topic? You guys need to warn me, you're killing me man! :rage 1
I forgot El Chapo

Caracol Tv, Telemundo and others are putting out some great action dramas based on drug traffickers in Colombia and Mexico. Some of the best television I ever watched. The subtitles are even helping me learn Spanish.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I forgot El Chapo

Caracol Tv, Telemundo and others are putting out some great action dramas based on drug traffickers in Colombia and Mexico. Some of the best television I ever watched. The subtitles are even helping me learn Spanish.
I no speak'o no spic'o

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

This is not about rights! Of course they have the right to protest where and how they want within the law. I also have the right to financially and morally stop supporting their sport and spend my time and money elsewhere! No one's rights are being violated!

Simple as that! Everyone is severely overthinking this! Stop arguing with the leftie commies. They HAVE no argument against what you want to do with your own free time. It's your time to use as you please. No confrontations or uncomfortable discussions ending in frustration with some communist idiot need to take place. You don't need to say a word. Just act! Can you imagine how they'll react to that??

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
B.o.T - Any Ratings update ?

NOW - Back "TOPIC ROULETTE".

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

This year compared to last down 10 then 13% for weeks 1 and 2

Nothing yet on week 3 that I've seen

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
NFL= No Fans Left. Stolen from Michelle Malkin

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

Nielsen: Football Ratings Off 11 Percent this YearThe Associated Press
by BREITBART NEWS26 Sep 2017784

NEW YORK (AP) — Through three weeks, viewership for national telecasts of NFL games is down 11 percent this season compared to 2016, the Nielsen company said on Tuesday.
Nielsen said the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks of last season, and have dipped to 15.77 million this year. The 2017 figures don’t include this week’s Monday night game between the Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/nielsen-football-ratings-off-11-percent-this-year/

CARNAGE=> DirecTV Offers Refunds After Customer Service Bombarded With Cancellation Demands Over Anthem Protests
by Cristina Laila 152 Comments
Can you hear us now?
Angry Americans are cancelling their Sunday NFL packages with DirecTV and some are receiving refunds after citing anthem protests for their reason.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...mbarded-cancellation-demands-anthem-protests/

AT&T's DirecTV Is Giving Refunds on NFL Packages Due to Protests ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/.../at-t-s-directv-is-giving-trump-supporters-refunds-on-...
16 hours ago - Subscribers to AT&T Inc.’s DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket who want to cancel the service because of football players’ national anthem protests can get refunds, according to customer service representatives. ... The issue has been magnified by tweets from President Donald Trump, who ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...iving-trump-supporters-refunds-on-nfl-package

Figures. Colin Kaepernick Has Never Registered to Vote
by Cristina Laila 66 Comments
Social justice warrior and political hero of the left, Colin Kaepernick has never even registered to vote.
Kaepernick began his protest of the national anthem and the American flag in August of 2016 while he played for the San Francisco 49ers.
He made headlines when he decided to sit for the national anthem during a preseason game. Since then the number of athletes protesting has also grown.

Backlash from angry fans reached a fever pitch this week after President Trump lashed out at NFL players protesting. It has turned into an all out war with fans burning NFL gear and bombarding their network providers with phone calls cancelling football packages
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/figures-colin-kaepernick-never-even-registered-vote/

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Sez it ALL and God Bless the Soldier:
upload_2017-9-27_9-2-35.jpeg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
How about this one you pathetic NFL maggots? Truly they are the definition of pussy.
This kid has more balls than all 200 of the kneelers of last Sunday put together. .. .. :give finger:

Wheelchair-bound teen stands for flag
Published October 19, 2016
Fox News
Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print

(Fox 35/Myron Leggett)

Arek Trenholm, 16, has spina bifida, but didn’t let his disability get in the way of his patriotism. Trenholm, who last stood on his own seven years ago, was watching the local high school’s homecoming parade on Oct. 12 when he hoisted himself up as the American flag passed by.

Photographer Myron Legget, Trenholm’s uncle, was with the Leesburg, Florida, teen as he and his little brother watched the parade.

"Here come the junior ROTC, marching along and chanting, and I heard ... 'He's standing!' and I knew what he was standing for, in an instant,'" Leggett told Fox35. "I whipped around real quick with the camera and just started snapping pictures of him."

Legget snapped a photo of his nephew using his arms to “stand,” as his legs are unable to support him and posted the image on Facebook.

Trenholm was born with spina bifida, a congenital condition which impacts the development of the backbone and spinal cord.

"He's making that effort, where so many ... that have legs, that could stand, are sitting or kneeling,"
Leggett told the news station, "and not using their 'well legs' to stand and respect those who have fought and died for our flag and for our country.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/10/19/wheelchair-bound-teen-stands-for-flag.html

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Social justice warrior and political hero of the left, Colin Kaepernick has never even registered to vote.
This says it all for me.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
I think the Monday Night game got a little bump, due to people tuning in just to see what would occur for the National Anthem. Tomorrow's game, Packers/Bears, should be a good one to gauge viewership, since it's one of the marquis rivalry matchups. This weekend should also be the beginning of the cliff dive (hopefully).

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I think the Monday Night game got a little bump, due to people tuning in just to see what would occur for the National Anthem.
Plus to get the Ratings Report out on time the Monday Night Game data would not have been compiled in time.

I know I did not watch.

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
NFL= No Fans Left. Stolen from Michelle Malkin
I lost interest in spectator sports loooong ago; a major component being the premeditated murder of the TV itself.

I have since prayed that the TV would be turned off on the entire nation in order to awaken some to the life of clear thought and productivity that awaits.

The NFL has answered my prayer as many of the former sports fanatics are being slapped to consciousness beyond the boob-toob.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Love to see half cancell NFL ticket, I did, Kapernick might be an illegal alien, need to have him investigate

Nielsen: Football Ratings Off 11 Percent this YearThe Associated Press
by BREITBART NEWS26 Sep 2017784

NEW YORK (AP) — Through three weeks, viewership for national telecasts of NFL games is down 11 percent this season compared to 2016, the Nielsen company said on Tuesday.
Nielsen said the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks of last season, and have dipped to 15.77 million this year. The 2017 figures don’t include this week’s Monday night game between the Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/nielsen-football-ratings-off-11-percent-this-year/

CARNAGE=> DirecTV Offers Refunds After Customer Service Bombarded With Cancellation Demands Over Anthem Protests
by Cristina Laila 152 Comments
Can you hear us now?
Angry Americans are cancelling their Sunday NFL packages with DirecTV and some are receiving refunds after citing anthem protests for their reason.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...mbarded-cancellation-demands-anthem-protests/

AT&T's DirecTV Is Giving Refunds on NFL Packages Due to Protests ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/.../at-t-s-directv-is-giving-trump-supporters-refunds-on-...
16 hours ago - Subscribers to AT&T Inc.’s DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket who want to cancel the service because of football players’ national anthem protests can get refunds, according to customer service representatives. ... The issue has been magnified by tweets from President Donald Trump, who ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...iving-trump-supporters-refunds-on-nfl-package

Figures. Colin Kaepernick Has Never Registered to Vote
by Cristina Laila 66 Comments
Kaepernick began his protest of the national anthem and the American flag in August of 2016 while he played for the San Francisco 49ers.
He made headlines when he decided to sit for the national anthem during a preseason game. Since then the number of athletes protesting has also grown.

Backlash from angry fans reached a fever pitch this week after President Trump lashed out at NFL players protesting. It has turned into an all out war with fans burning NFL gear and bombarding their network providers with phone calls cancelling football packages
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/figures-colin-kaepernick-never-even-registered-vote/

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
More like the media lied like they always do, cant let people know the truth

I think the Monday Night game got a little bump, due to people tuning in just to see what would occur for the National Anthem. Tomorrow's game, Packers/Bears, should be a good one to gauge viewership, since it's one of the marquis rivalry matchups. This weekend should also be the beginning of the cliff dive (hopefully).

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
National People's Radio yesterday said the "take a knee" and the Trump stuff will cause ratings to go up for the NFL.

Claims liberals love it and are tuning in to the NFL to see the players protest.

I kid you not.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
National People's Radio yesterday said the "take a knee" and the Trump stuff will cause ratings to go up for the NFL.

Claims liberals love it and are tuning in to the NFL to see the players protest.

I kid you not.
There ain't enough liberals to keep even a radio show on the air. NPR would be done in a month without taxpayer funding.
Ever wonder why there is no rush limbaugh of the left? Not enough leftist listeners.

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member

I kid you not.
Good. Let 'em have it. They're catering to those types anyway. I'm guessing the NFL will nip this eventually. However, the NBA will/has picked up the baton. More Libs tune in to the NBA anyway.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
There ain't enough liberals to keep even a radio show on the air. NPR would be done in a month without taxpayer funding.
Ever wonder why there is no rush limbaugh of the left? Not enough leftist listeners.

There's more than you think. The proper term is Marxist and they're in all the cesspool cities....millions of them!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Love to see half cancell NFL ticket, I did, Kapernick might be an illegal alien, need to have him investigate
I just talked to my Dad, he cancelled NFL ticket today. They gave him a refund no questions asked.

This is bigger than the stupid NFL can even imagine.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
There shouldn't be any fans!
Bengals get "WELFARE FANS" that get in for free. When the Bengals fail to meet their Season Ticket goals Hamilton County is on the hook to make up that difference. The county gets the tickets and only NON-TAXPAYERS aka WELFARE recipients can get those tickets.
Mr. Ham & Eggers / 9-5ers / Working Stiffs get nothing yet pay for those tickets.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
There's more than you think. The proper term is Marxist and they're in all the cesspool cities....millions of them!
But NONE of them can keep a talkshow on the airwaves.