• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Nine In Ten Bosses Vet Applicants On Facebook

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
[h=1]Nine in ten bosses vet applicants on Facebook: Half have reconsidered offering a job after seeing a candidate's social media accounts[/h]
  • This includes spotting use of profanities, spelling and grammar mistakes
  • Also includes illegal drug references, sexual posts and mention of alcohol
  • Findings were revealed by recruiting software company, Jobvite

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-s-social-media-accounts.html#ixzz3m5UtNKhW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Canadian-guerilla

hunter-gatherer
Gold Chaser
people putting damaging info about themselves on their facebook account don't know what " foresight " means
i've heard CAS ( Childrens Aid Society ) uses info from facebook posts to take away kids from parents

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
people putting damaging info about themselves on their facebook account don't know what " foresight " means
i've heard CAS ( Childrens Aid Society ) uses info from facebook posts to take away kids from parents
Here ya go..............the teacher in this article called her students "rat like" and a host of other neat little names. She get's fired, tries to sue and loses.

http://articles.philly.com/2015-09-06/news/66244762_1_natalie-munroe-steve-rovner-school-teacher

I know several people who have screwed themselves over by posting stuff on FB and other social media.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Lexis Nexis? If they screened out all the triggering factors for employment who would be employable? Dummies who don't go online or cave dwellers? Toxic workers who are sue happy or irresponsible should be the main concern.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I've never understood why anyone would post online under their real name.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We vet interdepartmental staff for hirings and told that our opinions and observation of their history are immaterial when a job comes up. We are told take them or take no one. So it has come to a point that we don't vet and settle. Pretty sad and demoralizing to be honest.

blueice

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Maybe the hiring prospect could be
improved bi describing oneself as easy.

BTW, the owner of Macebook is a confirmed Socshevik.

stewie

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
Does that mean you can make a facebook account and then make posts to boost yourself up. Like the day of the interview you make a public post saying, "I am going in for my interview at company X. I really love their products and I have a great respect for their company. It has been my dream to work for a company like them for years, and now is my chance! Everyone wish me luck!"

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
"It has been my dream to work for a company like them for years, and now is my chance! Everyone wish me luck!"
That sounds like a good idea if it doesn't sound phony. I would be tempted to write something like, "I really hope they make me an offer I can accept. It would be a shame if I had to go somewhere else just because of money."