• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

No Ammo....

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
For grins I went to SG Ammo, Lucky Gunner, & Ammoman. They have NOTHING for sale.
Things are really gonna get outa hand.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
For grins I went to SG Ammo, Lucky Gunner, & Ammoman. They have NOTHING for sale.
Things are really gonna get outa hand.
I did the same earlier. I asked a friend who had ammo locally. Said he had extra and would bring some out wed.. I didn't bother to tell him no such thing as extra.. I don't even need it I just want more. LOL.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I did the same earlier. I asked a friend who had ammo locally. Said he had extra and would bring some out wed.. I didn't bother to tell him no such thing as extra.. I don't even need it I just want more. LOL.
I went to the sites to see the escalating prices & found no new orders & nothing for sale.
I'm well, very well equiped.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I got one round left, just enough for when silver hits 2$ per ounce Troy jmHo

Seriously though guys this shit is getting stupid. Has me wondering what’s the ends here. Complete collapse? Trump was calling it fake news now he’s towing the line calling it a National emergency.

Was up town earlier and many people wearing mask. Three people out of 6 at the gas station had every gas can they owned and were filling them up.

Super markets parking lots at capacity with dozens circling like buzzards waiting to fight for an open spot.

I must be immune, just don’t feel the need to panic buy but then I’ve hung out with old crabby fecks on a gold board for nearly a decade and have learned , if nothing else, to be prepared.

Plenty of beans and bullets here

It’s the end of the world as we know it...

and I feel fine

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Strangely calm around my home.....couple of quarts of cs made up....well stocked for about anything.....fuel tanks full.....I guess perishables could be stocked up on a bit and tp never goes bad....no stress here...prices go up too much might even sell ammo etc

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
One thing I was surprising low on was Pinto beans. Pinto beans need to be new crop to taste right to me. The local grocery was completely out yesterday (Sunday) - asked the manager when the next truck was coming, Monday morning. Was there this morning, isles were stacked with boxes, found the beans - asked the gal if they had the burlap sacks of Casserole beans, she said they had some in the back, asked for 1 (20lbs - didn't want her to have to carry more) and grabbed some 4lb bags. Probably going to get more today before they close. Don't want to look like a hoarder.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I do most of the grocery shopping here. I always buy a bag or two of 15 bean ham or Cajun style soup beans, or pintos if the mood strikes.

Didn’t take long and they started to pile up in the cubby. Olde lady ask why you are buying all these damn beans and I told her because you never know when we may need them and they keep pretty well.

She went looking around today and says babe there isn’t a single bag of any type of beans anywhere. My response

How do ya like me now woman?

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I do most of the grocery shopping here. ... She went looking around today and says babe there isn’t a single bag of any type of beans anywhere. My response

How do ya like me now woman?
Me too, on the grocery shopping, as well as the cooking. I’m just a way better cook.

My wife used to just tolerate me stacking and stocking up on everything and she’d get a bit worried on occasion. Lately, she’s been looking at me with a little bit of admiration, I think. The full freezers, the packed pantry and the shelves full of cans in the basement seem like a good idea to her, all of a sudden. So do the extra mega-packs of TP and paper towels and all the rest of it. It pays to be paranoid. She still probably thinks I have too many bullets and guns.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
LOL, mine barely said two words to me...Dinner's Ready:
That's all i needed to hear...

GL with the head, i got a plunger standing by, just in case...

LOL

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Me too, on the grocery shopping, as well as the cooking. I’m just a way better cook.

My wife used to just tolerate me stacking and stocking up on everything and she’d get a bit worried on occasion. Lately, she’s been looking at me with a little bit of admiration, I think. The full freezers, the packed pantry and the shelves full of cans in the basement seem like a good idea to her, all of a sudden. So do the extra mega-packs of TP and paper towels and all the rest of it. It pays to be paranoid. She still probably thinks I have too many bullets and guns.

My problem with all the TP purchases by folks is that if things really get that bad, the power will go off and then the lift stations will stop pumping out the sewage...it will simply back up into everyone's bathrooms/showers at some point. Sooner if you're at the low point, later if you're at the high point.

Oh...guns. There...since we're talking about ammo.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
My problem with all the TP purchases by folks is that if things really get that bad, the power will go off and then the lift stations will stop pumping out the sewage...it will simply back up into everyone's bathrooms/showers at some point. Sooner if you're at the low point, later if you're at the high point.

If the power goes out, we will have a whole new set of problems to deal with. But, we’ll still have to poop and wipe, to be crude about it. Here’s hoping it doesn’t come to that.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Obviously you live where the government takes your schit.....me and gravity deals with mine...

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
If the power goes out, we will have a whole new set of problems to deal with. But, we’ll still have to poop and wipe, to be crude about it. Here’s hoping it doesn’t come to that.

That is the point when I come plum unglued.

If I have to fire up the gennies its somebody's ass.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
One thing I was surprising low on was Pinto beans. Pinto beans need to be new crop to taste right to me. The local grocery was completely out yesterday (Sunday) - asked the manager when the next truck was coming, Monday morning. Was there this morning, isles were stacked with boxes, found the beans - asked the gal if they had the burlap sacks of Casserole beans, she said they had some in the back, asked for 1 (20lbs - didn't want her to have to carry more) and grabbed some 4lb bags. Probably going to get more today before they close. Don't want to look like a hoarder.
I've been buying $100 worth every couple days. 1 not to look like a hoarder and 2 I don't like checking out and lugging huge hauls of groceries.

My store was back in stock of dry beans but they were getting picked over pretty good. Meat Dept cleaned put pretty good too.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
We just go a hard lesson in what goes down when 350 million people all go shopping for the same shit.. Overall i was in very good shape but the last couple days been a little hectic just getting everything up to 90 ish% plus. Ammo was really the last thing I needed to top off and just finished that. Just pulled all the guns out, fresh coat of oil and Son of a bitch, I had ball ammo in the hand guns for funnin. Got that switched out. Also decided that I will now be carrying everywhere I go. The drug addicts are going to be getting desperate.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
In the great depression crime went up 400 percentiles.

Lock and load fellers.

In a month we will have lots of stories to share, about the people of the nite.

Ray Wylie Hubberd, one of the best pickers ever to come out of the cotton fields of Tx, he said there is two kinds of people, the day people and the nite people. He said it was the nite peoples job, to get the day people's money.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Obviously you live where the government takes your schit.....me and gravity deals with mine...
Well pumps won't work though unless a system is off grid. Im on municipal water and sewer. As I was filling the coffee pot this morning, it occured to me the tap may not run at some point. I'll buy some water today and tomorrow and maybe the next day.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Well pumps won't work though unless a system is off grid. Im on municipal water and sewer. As I was filling the coffee pot this morning, it occured to me the tap may not run at some point. I'll buy some water today and tomorrow and maybe the next day.
Dollar General sells one gallon jugs of drinking water. (If they are stocked with them). Jugs look somewhat heavy duty and could be reused.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I guess that 10kw generator I put in after Sandy might be a good investment afterall.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
MODS, I do not know WHERE to put this. If you need to delete this, that's ok with me. I had to say something.

I was surprised when my go to ammo company, SGAMMO.COM has stopped taking orders for the next 7-9 days. I had looked at it yesterday.

Due to overwhelming order volume over the past week we are not currently accepting new orders. We are currently 6 to 8 days behind on filling orders and the priority is going to be given to filling existing orders. We will begin to restore inventory later this week once we have a handle on shipping all orders that have been placed so far. In order to aid us in providing faster service, please do not email to ask when your order will ship unless you need to cancel or change the address. UPS will email tracking info the day the order ships and we are working as fast as we possibly can to fill your orders. We have inventory allocated to fill all existing orders, if you have an order in it will be filled.

After talking to a buddy of mine last night, who had an order of two cases of ammo that he ordered a week ago canceled out of the blue. So this morning I started surfing the old interweb, and came to SGAMMO to pick up some more 40 cal for my USPC's - they are always hungry you know. And that is where I saw the message above.

Panic buying is never a good way to go. BUT if you don't have ANY? It is up to you. And if the mods think I'm trying to scare folks, sorry if this is how it came out.

In over 20+ years since I graduated gunsmithing school, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS MUCH PANIC. Not during 9/11 - Not in 2008 financial panic, then the worlds greatest gun salesman got elected President (Obama, not Trump). Gun sales and ammo sales shot through the roof and had stayed there month by month since. I thought once Trump got elected it would slow down. It did not slow down at all. Black Friday last November were the highest recorded sales in the country ever. Ammo sales have remained at all time highs. The manufacturers of BOTH industries have been running full time for more than twelve years. STILL NOT ENOUGH.

I started looking at other ammo sites. Some did have ammo. Lucky Gunner did have ammo, but basically only showed one brand with one bullet weight per caliber - they only sold 1000 round cases. There were other sites that had no 9mm or were out of 12 ga for instance. MOST folks that were still selling ammo as of now, they all seemed to carry 40 cal - which I LOVE.

I'll add one more little tidbit. I was talking with a buddy of mine I shared a bench with in gunsmithing school and he said he was worried that the gov might start closing gun shops. I TOLD HIM, that the gov would not have to. ONCE the LGS run out of things to sell and ALL the manufacturers have closed because all their workers are staying home because of COVID? They won't HAVE to shut the gun shops down. They will simply fail as a LOT of other business's will in the coming months with being closed to the public.

And I doubt the internet will help much. HOW MUCH STRAIN is being put on it with ALL the children staying home (using the old interweb right now) and with their parents having to stay home as well (also surfing the web). How will our internet hold up to the constant HEAVY usage - call it two to four times the traffic than normal?

AH it's gonna rain puppies and lollipops, RIGHT?

COULD YOU POST YOUR POSITIVE SEARCH RESULTS HERE?

Thank you to who ever moved it. It is now in the correct place. Please delete this one - waste of bandwidth - thx

Last edited:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
MODS, I do not know WHERE to put this. If you need to delete this, that's ok with me. I had to say something.

I was surprised when my go to ammo company, SGAMMO.COM has stopped taking orders for the next 7-9 days. I had looked at it yesterday.

Due to overwhelming order volume over the past week we are not currently accepting new orders. We are currently 6 to 8 days behind on filling orders and the priority is going to be given to filling existing orders. We will begin to restore inventory later this week once we have a handle on shipping all orders that have been placed so far. In order to aid us in providing faster service, please do not email to ask when your order will ship unless you need to cancel or change the address. UPS will email tracking info the day the order ships and we are working as fast as we possibly can to fill your orders. We have inventory allocated to fill all existing orders, if you have an order in it will be filled.

After talking to a buddy of mine last night, who had an order of two cases of ammo that he ordered a week ago canceled out of the blue. So this morning I started surfing the old interweb, and came to SGAMMO to pick up some more 40 cal for my USPC's - they are always hungry you know. And that is where I saw the message above.

Panic buying is never a good way to go. BUT if you don't have ANY? It is up to you. And if the mods think I'm trying to scare folks, sorry if this is how it came out.

In over 20+ years since I graduated gunsmithing school, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS MUCH PANIC. Not during 9/11 - Not in 2008 financial panic, then the worlds greatest gun salesman got elected President (Obama, not Trump). Gun sales and ammo sales shot through the roof and had stayed there month by month since. I thought once Trump got elected it would slow down. It did not slow down at all. Black Friday last November were the highest recorded sales in the country ever. Ammo sales have remained at all time highs. The manufacturers of BOTH industries have been running full time for more than twelve years. STILL NOT ENOUGH.

I started looking at other ammo sites. Some did have ammo. Lucky Gunner did have ammo, but basically only showed one brand with one bullet weight per caliber - they only sold 1000 round cases. There were other sites that had no 9mm or were out of 12 ga for instance. MOST folks that were still selling ammo as of now, they all seemed to carry 40 cal - which I LOVE.

I'll add one more little tidbit. I was talking with a buddy of mine I shared a bench with in gunsmithing school and he said he was worried that the gov might start closing gun shops. I TOLD HIM, that the gov would not have to. ONCE the LGS run out of things to sell and ALL the manufacturers have closed because all their workers are staying home because of COVID? They won't HAVE to shut the gun shops down. They will simply fail as a LOT of other business's will in the coming months with being closed to the public.

And I doubt the internet will help much. HOW MUCH STRAIN is being put on it with ALL the children staying home (using the old interweb right now) and with their parents having to stay home as well (also surfing the web). How will our internet hold up to the constant HEAVY usage - call it two to four times the traffic than normal?

AH it's gonna rain puppies and lollipops, RIGHT?

COULD YOU POST YOUR POSITIVE SEARCH RESULTS HERE?
have you ever tried ammoseek.com i looked and didnt see anything i couldnt buy at a reasonable price

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
merged same threads...

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
have you ever tried ammoseek.com i looked and didnt see anything i couldnt buy at a reasonable price
Tman,

"REASONABLE PRICE" is getting ready to reach new levels and they won't be lower, they will be three to five time where it is right now. They have already started raising prices, mainly at least half again as much and I've seen a couple companies that are charging double what they used to charge (CTD comes to mind). Mark my words, people will start to pay way too much for way to little, way too late.

Does any one remember the days when you purchased AK 7.62x39 ammo by the case for under $100. Those days are gone. FOR NOW. They may come back. OR NOT. Time will tell.

Stack it wide and deep.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Seriously how many rounds of 22LR (per person) makes a good stash?

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If you need ammo now you are way behind the times.
Barry getting elected was all the warning shot I needed.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Seriously how many rounds of 22LR (per person) makes a good stash?
It's only a good stash if you have .22 cal. weaponry to use it in.