• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

No Ammo....

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Picked up some 9mm at shoot straight in Ft Myers, range closed, plenty of ammo and a big line to buy firearms

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Local Cabela's was pretty well stocked on most all ammo, with the exception of 9mm, which was sold out. Everything else was pretty plentiful and available.
Last time, it was also 9mm which was in highest demand.

From 2008 through 2013, .380 was unobtainium due to the production lines running 9mm 24x7.

History lesson.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yowza.

Got one. Have used it twice. If you do not have one of these, you ain't thinkin' clearly. Nice and compact when not in use

Go get one.

Toll Free: (800) 845-3098, 727-784-6163 | Email: sales@waterbob.com
Well? GO!! :don't know: :delivery: :beer:

View attachment 158456

We have a hot tub on the back screened-in porch. It is a potty-flushing reservoir.
My neighbors on two sides have swimming pools.

I have a garden hose and a 12v pump.

So, no problem with the non-potable water.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I am confused. Do all these people buying guns and ammo think they are going to shoot the virus? Or do they know what is coming next? Cause I find it hard to believe they do otherwise they would have prepped before like the folks on this forum.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I am confused. Do all these people buying guns and ammo think they are going to shoot the virus? Or do they know what is coming next? Cause I find it hard to believe they do otherwise they would have prepped before like the folks on this forum.
Buying guns and ammo is a right we all have in the US. I don't see how we can criticize others for something we all have said so many times is a right granted by our creator (self defense) and guaranteed by the COTUS .

Sometimes there are those among us who complain just to complain I guess.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Buying guns and ammo is a right we all have in the US. I don't see how we can criticize others for something we all have said so many times is a right granted by our creator (self defense) and guaranteed by the COTUS .

Sometimes \there are those among us who complain just to complain I guess.
Long as those new gun owners don't think they can come steal my TP! whistle:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Long as those new gun owners don't think they can come steal my TP! whistle:
That’s not what I would want on my tombstone: ‘Here lies John Doe, gunned down during an attempted toilet paper burglary.’

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Vlad -- Do not be confused. Be aware of human capability. In MY lifetime, this has gone down.

worst gun control.jpg
gun law.jpg

I have seen exactly this on the other side of the world from the picture above. You have not. You have grown up in a warm, fuzzy place. That place is an anomaly in human interaction even today. If you EVER saw reality as it is Out There, you'd be in the line to buy several weapons and all the ammo you could afford.

The fuzzy place you live in may not remain warm and fuzzy. It can break cold and poisonous in ONE day.

kent state.jpg

I have taught my sons and my grandlings to shoot from the time they could hold a weapon. This is Wolfie: He can put every bolt in the middle of that rabbit target's EYE silently from 40 yards. I gave him a 9mm S&W Model 39 for his tenth birthday and taught him how to use and care for it. His daddy got a .45 when he was Wolfie's age. Expert shots, both.

Both have 30.06 scoped rifles and can hit at 200 yards every shot. Our world is REAL, Vlad. You are in one small room (without a lock on the door) in a huge hotel full of what you would consider unbelievably deadly people/danger.

wolf3apr1.jpg

wolfie crossbow.jpg
'

Here's Wolfie at 100 yards with the .58 caliber monster gun:

wolfie black powder.jpg
wolfie target.jpg

In sum (I have corresponding pictures of the rest of my Family if you would like to see) -- *IF* you need to protect yourself from enemies foreign and domestic, do not try it by writing a stern letter to the editor.

Capische?

End of sermon.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
YIKES!!

Thread drift!! Thread drift!!!

I just noticed one WONDERFUL thing about the picture of Wolfie firing the monster gun. Note that he hit the paper plate at 100 yards every shot...

...BUT LOOKIT WHERE HIS FACE/EYE IS WHILE THE BEAST IS EXPLODING!! Grampa be proud. That thing kicks harder than any firearm I ever shot. Been knocked on my butt with it, actually. And Wolfie is a full ten inches away from getting a half-moon eyebrow scar. BTW: The eye relief on my Big Boar scope is 7-10 inches.

1585231886586.png

Now back to our regularly scheduled program... :blond:

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
How much time does it take for the law enforcement types to get to your location in an emergency? Lots of things can happen in three minutes.

Someone else said it well in another thread, "the locks on my doors are for the protection of would be thieves, etc."

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
How much time does it take for the law enforcement types to get to your location in an emergency? Lots of things can happen in three minutes.

Someone else said it well in another thread, "the locks on my doors are for the protection of would be thieves, etc."
Locks keep honest people honest, the people rushing to buy guns have finally realized how corrupt .gov is, better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have it, when seconds count the police are only minutes away

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Locks keep honest people honest, the people rushing to buy guns have finally realized how corrupt .gov is, better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have it, when seconds count the police are only minutes away
dad? is that you?

you sound like me, LOL

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
...the people rushing to buy guns have finally realized how corrupt .gov is,...
I wish I could agree but no. In reality, they've realized they don't have a cop handy at all times. At best, many will spray and pray should harm come to them while the rest would die wondering why the magical power of a gun didn't work. (Perhaps they should've rubbed it 3 times?? or was it 4??)

Once this is past us, there'll be lots of low priced guns for sale by many of those same people. They'll make reinvigorated calls for gun control as they realize their fears weren't assuaged by having a gun they couldn't use anyway.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I wish I could agree but no. In reality, they've realized they don't have a cop handy at all times. At best, many will spray and pray should harm come to them while the rest would die wondering why the magical power of a gun didn't work. (Perhaps they should've rubbed it 3 times?? or was it 4??)

Once this is past us, there'll be lots of low priced guns for sale by many of those same people. They'll make reinvigorated calls for gun control as they realize their fears weren't assuaged by having a gun they couldn't use anyway.
They're afraid of the nazis who are coming for them. CNN told them about us

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
They'll make reinvigorated calls for gun control as they realize their fears weren't assuaged by having a gun they couldn't use anyway.
which will drive the narrative through 'physical evidence' "Look what these people turned in over here...lots of assault weapons...", but the end won't be from the means they're selling the populace with, at the time...

Lies, 'their world' is all based upon spinning lies, lies to cover up, lies to steal, lies to attack us and everything about us...

All Lies...

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

It's not taking law enforcement any longer then it was before the virus.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Vlad -- Do not be confused. Be aware of human capability. In MY lifetime, this has gone down.

View attachment 159037 View attachment 159044

I have seen exactly this on the other side of the world from the picture above. You have not. You have grown up in a warm, fuzzy place. That place is an anomaly in human interaction even today. If you EVER saw reality as it is Out There, you'd be in the line to buy several weapons and all the ammo you could afford.

The fuzzy place you live in may not remain warm and fuzzy. It can break cold and poisonous in ONE day.

View attachment 159047

I have taught my sons and my grandlings to shoot from the time they could hold a weapon. This is Wolfie: He can put every bolt in the middle of that rabbit target's EYE silently from 40 yards. I gave him a 9mm S&W Model 39 for his tenth birthday and taught him how to use and care for it. His daddy got a .45 when he was Wolfie's age. Expert shots, both.

Both have 30.06 scoped rifles and can hit at 200 yards every shot. Our world is REAL, Vlad. You are in one small room (without a lock on the door) in a huge hotel full of what you would consider unbelievably deadly people/danger.

View attachment 159036

View attachment 159038 '

Here's Wolfie at 100 yards with the .58 caliber monster gun:

View attachment 159040 View attachment 159041

In sum (I have corresponding pictures of the rest of my Family if you would like to see) -- *IF* you need to protect yourself from enemies foreign and domestic, do not try it by writing a stern letter to the editor.

Capische?

End of sermon.

Still confused as to why a rash of new gun owners think that a virus has made them more un safe from government or their community.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I doubt they think they can shoot the virus. I think everybody knows it's game on and we got 2 weeks to go.

Last edited:

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
Still confused as to why a rash of new gun owners think that a virus has made them more un safe from government or their community.
If you truly can't see why, then to your credit, you're very well insulated from the realities faced by the multitudes in times of real or perceived crisis.
Congratulations.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If you truly can't see why, then to your credit, you're very well insulated from the realities faced by the multitudes in times of real or perceived crisis.
Congratulations.
These are the same folks that ran out and bought a months worth of toilet paper tho. Over the next 12 months it's going to be a buyers market for used guns. If not the people who just ran out to get a fire arm will be the first to turn them in when the government orders it.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

That is an excellent argument for never buying any BOOK if you do not read well. Makes perfect sense: If you cannot read now, you should never own a book... since apparently you will never, and can never, learn how to read.

Got it.

I have to admit to being schooled by this response. Just look at the utter, dark, impossible complexity of this .22Magnum derringer.

You actually have to hold it in your hand and squeeze the trigger to fire it! My God!

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Perhaps the pictures I posted of UN-armed citizens being murdered by governments were not clear? And have you ever learned about multiple incidents of over-zealous roid-cops busting into a house (wrong address) and murdering the cringing occupants? No? Hm.

It is not the virus, Vlad. But have you noticed that from time to time (frequent intervals) GOVERNMENTS decide to execute their citizenry? Or even perform deadly experiments on the general population?

Of course, that won't happen here. No one will burn all the children to death in Waco... or...

Why not DYODD out of the cocoon and learn about Operation Minaret, Project DEW I, Project SHAD...

https://listverse.com/2017/06/01/top-10-us-government-experiments-done-on-its-own-citizens/

I only post these for your enlightenment that government may easily become a monster. OUR government. Of course, there is the more immediate civilian side of this sort of thing:

Watts. <-- So they pulled a guy out of his truck, smashed his head with a cinder block... and were exonerated by their "peers" because the cinder block was not counted as a weapon. I bet that guy really could have done better with a gun he barely knew anything about. Nicht wahr?

So far, I have failed miserably to get my one, single, important point into your head:

There is a REAL WORLD out there, and your statements scare me because you are truly unaware of it. You are not alone; there are millions of Americans that also have that disconnect.

Are you paranoid and fringe-nutty if you have a fire extinguisher? A generator? <-- BOTH of those things are far, far more complicated than a point-and-shoot gun like a revolver or derringer.

All three can make the difference between you living or dying.

Would four derringers have made a difference in this picture? Possibly. But the LACK of them made death a certainty for these four women:

1585309930987.png

Last edited:

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Look in the news. Some cities and counties have been releasing prisoners out of the jails. They are scared that the Virus will spread in the jails. So they RELEASE prisoners into the streets. This is a good reason to have firearms and ammo! Self Defense.....

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Look in the news. Some cities and counties have been releasing prisoners out of the jails. They are scared that the Virus will spread in the jails. So they RELEASE prisoners into the streets. This is a good reason to have firearms and ammo! Self Defense.....
BINGO!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

C'mon, Vlad... You were looking for (apparently) an absolutely direct connection between the virus and the actual need for a fire extinguisher gun.

Now you have one.

And this genuine reason has been supplied by YOUR GOVERNMENT, Vlad. Right now.

Forget yer Unca Walt. Just go here and learn some of the reality you are living in, but NOT noticing:

https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-immigration/stolen-lives-victims-illegal-alien-crime

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Perhaps the pictures I posted of UN-armed citizens being murdered by governments were not clear? And have you ever learned about multiple incidents of over-zealous roid-cops busting into a house (wrong address) and murdering the cringing occupants? No? Hm.

It is not the virus, Vlad. But have you noticed that from time to time (frequent intervals) GOVERNMENTS decide to execute their citizenry? Or even perform deadly experiments on the general population?

Of course, that won't happen here. No one will burn all the children to death in Waco... or...

Why not DYODD out of the cocoon and learn about Operation Minaret, Project DEW I, Project SHAD...

https://listverse.com/2017/06/01/top-10-us-government-experiments-done-on-its-own-citizens/

I only post these for your enlightenment that government may easily become a monster. OUR government. Of course, there is the more immediate civilian side of this sort of thing:

Watts. <-- So they pulled a guy out of his truck, smashed his head with a cinder block... and were exonerated by their "peers" because the cinder block was not counted as a weapon. I bet that guy really could have done better with a gun he barely knew anything about. Nicht wahr?

So far, I have failed miserably to get my one, single, important point into your head:

There is a REAL WORLD out there, and your statements scare me because you are truly unaware of it. You are not alone; there are millions of Americans that also have that disconnect.

Are you paranoid and fringe-nutty if you have a fire extinguisher? A generator? <-- BOTH of those things are far, far more complicated than a point-and-shoot gun like a revolver or derringer.

All three can make the difference between you living or dying.

Would four derringers have made a difference in this picture? Possibly. But the LACK of them made death a certainty for these four women:

View attachment 159167
Well said, Walt. Very well said. Government can be a useful servant, like fire, but a truly terrible master. A deadly, genocidal master, or a master that can create a living hell on earth for it’s unfortunate citizens. They will take everything you have, at whim and leave you in abject poverty, or just shoot you in the head and kick you into a hole and not even bother to cover it over. A government out of control can be a terror unlike anything else.

And screw Che Guevara. I hope he’s burning hot in hell.

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
That is an excellent argument for never buying any BOOK if you do not read well. Makes perfect sense: If you cannot read now, you should never own a book... since apparently you will never, and can never, learn how to read.

Got it.

I have to admit to being schooled by this response. Just look at the utter, dark, impossible complexity of this .22Magnum derringer.

You actually have to hold it in your hand and squeeze the trigger to fire it! My God!

Unca, if you buy the BOOK just days before the final exam, then stick it under your pillow, and hope to absorb its info by osmosis, where is the utility in that? That is where we are now. Out here in Central texas, shooting ranges are closed as non-essential business. So where, exactly, are these people to train for the scenarios they may face? What about the millions in the cities? Yes, firearm operation is very basic, but to imply that no practice is needed for skills or mindset when the boogie man comes at midnight is not accurate.
They can't handle buying toilet paper or water. Perhaps they can watch YouTube videos or some '80s Stallone/Shwartzenegger movies.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
AguA: Training shmaining. Just the extreme basic for basic protection:

1. Pick it up.

2. Point it in the general direction of the bad guy.

3. Pull the fargin trigger.

We do not need to go into how to avoid losing the sproinnngg pin on the Mattel Toy while disassembling the POS in the dark during a driving monsoon rain while under fire.

If a person can manage Steps 1-3, they are far better off than not having a derringer or revolver. And of course, YES! it would be a good thing to learn more. But for "Emergency Use Only" having the popper is infinitely better.

And survival does not always require sight picture, breathing, and reloading knowledge. But survival without that knowledge still counts on your plus column.

When you are in front (anywhere in front) of someone who has pulled the trigger at least once while pointing it at you, I can guarantee from pussanal knowledge that you will shit your pants and get the fuck outa Dodge. NOISE counts. A lot. Even if you suck at hitting anything at all.

Last edited:

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
AguA: Training shmaining. Just the extreme basic for basic protection:

1. Pick it up.

2. Point it in the general direction of the bad guy.

3. Pull the fargin trigger.

We do not need to go into how to avoid losing the sproinnngg pin on the Mattel Toy while disassembling the POS in the dark during a driving monsoon rain while under fire.

If a person can manage Steps 1-3, they are far better off than not having a derringer or revolver. And of course, YES! it would be a good thing to learn more. But for "Emergency Use Only" having the popper is infinitely better.

And survival does not always require sight picture, breathing, and reloading knowledge. But survival without that knowledge still counts on your plus column.

When you are in front (anywhere in front) of someone who has pulled the trigger at least once while pointing it at you, I can guarantee from pussanal knowledge that you will shit your pants and get the fuck outa Dodge. NOISE counts. A lot. Even if you suck at hitting anything at all.
Oh brother. Get real, Unca. You're not the only GI Joe with kung-fu grip in this conversation that's taken fire and returned it in kind, in combat or otherwise. And I'm not talking about anyone running, crapping, or standing to fight.

There are three points in my first post.
First, people aren't buying guns because they suddenly realized the .gov is corrupt. They're buying because they're scared.
Second, once this is emergency is over, most of those purchases will be sold on the used market.
Three, most of those same people will realize their fears weren't assuaged just by owning a gun. In turn, instead of learning, they'll go back to their sheltered and/or anti-gun ways.

It's pretty simple and clear. However, you've chose to run off on a tangent that wasn't there. Unfortunately, I responded to it when I should've ignored it. Stop fighting shadows that aren't there.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Unloaded about 200 rounds yesterday as the gophers decided to pop up for a bit.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Whats everyone need ammo for this is just a cold virus? :don't    know2::don't    know2: you gonna shoot the virus?:hunt::hunt::rotf::fire:
I thought it was for defending yourself in the toilet paper aisle...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
(*Snork*) I just discovered I have absolutely no knowledge of how to use the quote thingy.

Thass OK. I can do it with cut-and-paste:

From AguA (clever name, BTW)

There are three points in my first post.

First, people aren't buying guns because they suddenly realized the .gov is corrupt. They're buying because they're scared.

I totally agree.

Second, once this is emergency is over, most of those purchases will be sold on the used market.

I would change that "most" to "many". Other than that teensy quibble, we are still solidly on the rails.

Three, most of those same people will realize their fears weren't assuaged just by owning a gun. In turn, instead of learning, they'll go back to their sheltered and/or anti-gun ways.

Here is our only disagreement. There are several reasons for this. The times really are a-changing, bro.

The millions of illegals -- a huge percentage of which are savages by any definition -- now forever among us;
The Virginia Debacle -- where a NY Billionaire bought the VA legislature but NOT THE PEOPLE OF VIRGINIA;
The basic loss of honor/pride in citizenship that has swept like thick ink across all of America;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back when this place was first settled, every person had access to weaponry because of the very real possibility of attack even in their homes. That slowly went away... to the point we did not even have locks on the doors of our house when I was a kid. Nobody we knew did, either.

Aint thataway any more. We are back to the very real possibility of attack even in our homes. True dat.

Anyone could make a long list of why owning a firearm is now the sensible thing to do. And those that went to the trouble -- and it WAS an enormous amount of trouble -- to get their firearms will be very hesitant to reverse that important decision.

Will "most" leave their boomies in a drawer somewhere and never touch them? Sure they will. And that would be a truly wonderful thing.

Why? Because the word goes out that the proverbial old lady down the block keeps a pistol, and it aint a good idea to start kicking on the door to get in. Multiplied by millions.

"An armed society is a polite society." RAH

Last edited: