• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

No Ammo....

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I understand your 'I've got enough' concept

You NEVER end up having enough.

If we do go to CWII, it would go on for probably ten years, depending on where you live.

Still think you got enough? Think again.

Not suggesting you buy in the panic, just saying you will never ever have enough

You might run out of guns or group members to use the ammo you have, but you never have enough ammo

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, The local stores are finally dry! They lifted the 2 box per customer limit and now it's all bye bye. This late in the "Rona" game and people are still stocking up. Good to see.
The local gun stores here are only doing phone and Internet sales; most of the ammo is going to the LEOs.

The gun ranges are still shut down, except for the LEOs.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Much easier to get ammo now. Even have companies sending me emails offering all the stuff they were out of just a few weeks ago. Some even "on sale".

I guess the panic is over & "everything is going to be alright". <- [sarcasm]

That was the rehearsal for the big event.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I bought a case of Blazer Brass in 10MM and a case of BB in 9MM from Target Sports, past couple of weeks. I will say they are Fast!!! Ordered separately and got each case within days of ordering. Double packed, too. Case within a case.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Still waiting on 500 rds of WIn WB 9mm I ordered from cabelas back in the middle of March......ugh....had plenty of other stuff bought and delivered in less than a weeks time

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Much easier to get ammo now. Even have companies sending me emails offering all the stuff they were out of just a few weeks ago. Some even "on sale".

I guess the panic is over & "everything is going to be alright". <- [sarcasm]

That was the rehearsal for the big event.
Caught up with demand.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Stopped by the local Farm & Fleet. The ammo shelves were full...if you wanted shotgun ammo. The ammo section is also now about 1/3 the size of what it was in the spring. They only had spots for two different 9mm boxes and pretty much no other spots for handgun ammo.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Stopped by the local Farm & Fleet. The ammo shelves were full...if you wanted shotgun ammo. The ammo section is also now about 1/3 the size of what it was in the spring. They only had spots for two different 9mm boxes and pretty much no other spots for handgun ammo.
Any .22 ??

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Won't ship to my state. I gotta move.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Won't ship to my state. I gotta move.
New Hampshire is a nice place to live and we don't have any of those silly gun laws to worry about

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
So here is what I'm seeing with the online forum's in my area:

9mm - .55 to .60 cent per round if you drive to meet the seller
.223 - .70 cent per round if you drive
.45acp - $1 a round if you drive
.380 - $1 a round if you drive
22lr is all over the price. I really can't nail down a price but around .14 to .16 cents per round

Primers are holding steady at $100 per 1000 (brick).

Note- These are what they are selling for, the asking prices are all over the map.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Find private sellers. I bought 400 Rds of high quality 9mm self defense ammo for $160.00, .40 per. Cheaper than originally sold for in store.
Critical Defense, Gold Dot, HST, Hydra Shok, Win Ranger. There are deals out there, have to dig & get lucky, luck probably trumps digging...

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Find private sellers. I bought 400 Rds of high quality 9mm self defense ammo for $160.00, .40 per. Cheaper than originally sold for in store.
Critical Defense, Gold Dot, HST, Hydra Shok, Win Ranger. There are deals out there, have to dig & get lucky, luck probably trumps digging...
i am seeing a lot of offers to trade and swapping going on adds on armslist and such ..........seems like people will swap vs selling in many cases

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
When you've been through enough of these shortages, when (if) ''normal'' times return you'll (hopefully) learn to lay in enough stock to carry you through.

I've always been a reloader and figured that would keep me isolated. In the reloading world, brass, powder and bullets are plentiful. But primers are the pinch point. I've got plenty but this is, what, the 3rd?, 4th? big primer shortage in the past couple of decades? You learn.

But this one is different, the progressives are rampant. They stole the election fair and square. Everything may be illegal in a year.

This is their long awaited and planned chance to take over with an iron fist, they are coming for you.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Good score!!!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Personally minimum I think 2k on most ammo....9mm....223.....22lr.....12ga....I think 10k each....
No idea, depends on your useage....my 13 year old and I went through 300 rounds of .22, 80 rounds of .40 SW, and 48 rounds of .44 Mag. Range buddies let him burn through three mags of 9mm in his decked out Glock, one training session....I couldn't get the boy to shoot the .44 Mag but he handled the .40 Glock very well. Next weekend, AR and .30 carbine practice, the 2K supply should be your high quality rounds held for the real deal. Lucky Gunner ammo dealer still out of most handgun stuff, no telling when/ if resupply will be able to occur. I can tell you the range was hopping, with a lot of high tech, high dollar firearms barking. Very good day....but....the little turd backed out of cleaning them, Claims Hoppes makes him sick...snowflake.
image.jpeg

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
I will add everyone I talked to today was disgusted and fighting mad about our turncoat, corrupted Governor Kemp, DOS, and election officials.....probably why the range owner said he hasn't seen so many out shooting in a while....I even talked to Grandpaw, he was hitting the steel plates( love that sound) at 100 yds with his iron sighted AR, said it was time for shooting, what ever that means....

Last edited:

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
No idea, depends on your useage....my 13 year old and I went through 300 rounds of .22, 80 rounds of .40 SW, and 48 rounds of .44 Mag. Range buddies let him burn through three mags of 9mm in his decked out Glock, one training session....I couldn't get the boy to shoot the .44 Mag but he handled the .40 Glock very well. Next weekend, AR and .30 carbine practice, the 2K supply should be your high quality rounds held for the real deal. Lucky Gunner ammo dealer still out of most handgun stuff, no telling when/ if resupply will be able to occur. I can tell you the range was hopping, with a lot of high tech, high dollar firearms barking. Very good day....but....the little turd backed out of cleaning them, Claims Hoppes makes him sick...snowflake. View attachment 189972
Hoppes is good aftershave y'know.
:)

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yep. I'll buy ammo at good deals all day even thought I don't need it. Better to have more of that PM than paper. Plenty of stock here & the Dillon machine & Rockchucker haven't even started yet.

Last edited:

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Went to Cabela's today. Ammo very, very sparse. Handguns were as well.

In talking to a couple of people while there, they feel that it's a matter of when and not if SHTF. One pro-Trump guy I talked to in line thinks he will be named president in about a month and all hell will break loose. So he was there hoping to stock up on some ammo. Another guy I talked to was looking at the only 2 Beretta 92's they had. I asked him if he know how tough ammo was to find and he laughed saying he has a whole armory at his place and is well stocked on ammo.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I got plenty of rifle ammo, asswipe, paper towels and bottled water.

I should have bought more pistol ammo when .380 & 9mm were cheap and plentiful just a few months ago here.
20201122_175624201029_221120.jpg

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Me and my homies in the neighborhood are ready. I'm the guy with the beard!

Last edited:

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
SOLD SOLD SOLD

I have 4 boxes of each, unopened, my boxes say "HP/XTP".
I've had these for a few years, got them on a trade right after the guy bought them, I don't reload so, time to dump them

(those were some large pics....LOL) edited them gone

I'd be open to offers...for ASE's but these babies are heavy, 3 1/2 lbs per box, i'll ship you ship...pm me

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Friend showed me a new gun store that had plenty of ammo...tons actually....blazer brass 9mm was $45 plus tax....wtf!!!!

Carried 556 for $21.99 plus tax and 7.62 for $11 plus tax...cant see how they will stay open .

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
does anyone know if the remington ammo factory is still produceing ammo thru the bankruptcy and divestation of assetts?..........if they stopped that certainly would be contributory to the issue
The Remington bankruptcy has had a large impact on the shortage of ammo and primers. With Remington in a state of financial insolvency for the past two years, suppliers were demanding payment upon delivery for products. Remington simply did not have the financial capabilities to have an abundance of raw materials on hand and had to shutter some of their production capacity. Barnes bullets and primers were hit particularly hard in the reloading market.

Why Is There a Primer Supply Shortage? | Powder Valley (powdervalleyinc.com)

SC