• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

No Ammo....

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Anyone who's over 30 that doesn't have all the guns and ammo they need hasn't learned from history - a common american trait. When that cock sucker obama was elected, we had very similar results. An unprecedented demand for guns and ammo; sold out everywhere. I couldn't even find primers which was a new thing. That time ended and we got that dirty stain out of the WH and everything was available again. Prices were REALLY low. You could buy anything and everything that you wanted. The panic for guns, ammo and the desire to invest all your money in the stock market is typical crowd think today.

Just like that Omaha communist Buffett says, never follow the crowd . . . and he's usually right.
Well said pilgrim! This is why I like this place. With some notable exceptions, the members here don't follow the crowd...far from it!

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
All the noise about ammo shortages.....starting in Nobama's time, industry has stated about 5/6 billion rounds a year have been bought, this last 6 months they stated almost 8 billion rounds sold. The ammo is not " gone", it is still out there and will be eventually sold off ...... pictured is what " no more ammo" means, a far more serious picture.
image.jpeg

Buck

Don't Sell Me Tomorrow, Tell Me Today!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
some of you older guys here have been around since before popcorn farts were invented...

a seventeen year old when the kenyan lied to us when he took our sacred oath, is now a 30 year old, etc, 16 / 29, 15 / 28

some weren't prepping back then and this is their first official ammunition crunch, their first official coup...for that: Welcome Aboard!

there are multiple generations that exist around here, some new ones coming in every year

stopping farting in the wind, gentlemen
Be Nice, you were young once

:beer:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I lost all my ammo and metals in that tragic boating accident on the lake this past Summer!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I scored 4,000 Large Rifle Primers a couple weeks ago at normal pricing. Never used Winchester primers, but as long as they go boom! Some H4850 or Varget would be nice to stumble upon.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I scored a case of 9mm Makarov for $14 a box. Prior to the shortage i was getting theses for about $10 a box. More recently it was tough to find them for under $30. Sure I paid a little more than the good old day, but now my Cz-82 is covered (I don't shoot it much).

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I bought my first box of ammo in 1951.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
All the noise about ammo shortages.....starting in Nobama's time, industry has stated about 5/6 billion rounds a year have been bought, this last 6 months they stated almost 8 billion rounds sold. The ammo is not " gone", it is still out there and will be eventually sold off ...... pictured is what " no more ammo" means, a far more serious picture. View attachment 191270
Where is that pic from???

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
a seventeen year old when the kenyan lied to us when he took our sacred oath, is now a 30 year old, etc, 16 / 29, 15 / 28

some weren't prepping back then and this is their first official ammunition crunch
I was "awakened" to prepping at the ripe old age of 28, soon after I had finished my 8-year Army enlistment.

I had access to literally EVERYTHING when I was an E-6 acting Platoon Sgt, but after that ended, I realized that I needed to start my OWN supply chain.

I was subsequently blessed with eye-opening friends who assisted and guided me in that regard, and I am eternally grateful for such assistance.

So, yes your post resonates with me, and I hope others of like-mind.

My issue with 9mm ammo was not for lack of prepping so much as for lack of keeping a proper inventory accounting.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Palmetto has 1000 rds loose packed for 800 skins.........

I bought the same deal back in march for 300

Bullshit.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Bullshit.
This is crazy!!! Just before Gander Mountain went tits up, I stopped in and bought a loose 1000-rd bucket for $45.00... that's less than a nickel a round.

That is an 18-times increase in price!! :surrender::tongue:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
If you're buying ammo now you waited much too long

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If you're buying ammo now you waited much too long
I started buying ammo back when slick willy was in office. By the time dingle berry was in office, let's just say, not much room left to stack it.
Same with reloading supplies.

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I was "awakened" to prepping at the ripe old age of 28, soon after I had finished my 8-year Army enlistment.

I had access to literally EVERYTHING when I was an E-6 acting Platoon Sgt, but after that ended, I realized that I needed to start my OWN supply chain.

I was subsequently blessed with eye-opening friends who assisted and guided me in that regard, and I am eternally grateful for such assistance.

So, yes your post resonates with me, and I hope others of like-mind.

My issue with 9mm ammo was not for lack of prepping so much as for lack of keeping a proper inventory accounting.
you know how sometimes you're just reading along here and something makes the hair stand up...kinda like you've been there done that you have moved away from it and then you recognize it all over again...it's from getting old and having all these 'experiences' i think they call them, you know, real life experiences

hell, sometimes i got so many i can't remember them all but that hair feeling...like my gut roiling or my wife bitching

you just know to speak out...so, i sometimes flail my arms wildly around here, just projecting more than anything else but i'm not alone

and it shows respect to the younger crowd and that ain't shown sometimes often enough by us codgers

sorry for lack of commas, heres some, sprinkle them about as necessary

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, I am now over 80... So I have no plans to buy another bullet or weapon of any kind.

I've given my sons rifles, shotguns, pistols, crossbows, and swords. And deep ammo lots for all of the shooters.

My sister (four years older than me) has a .38 Police revolver that I gave her. She is comfortable with it, and has @200 rounds for it.

My Beautiful Witch has a 30.06 with scope, two carry pistols, and bear spray.

If this all goes down while I am still on the green side of the lawn, I will not run out of offensive/defensive capability. And while I am the oldest fart on this site (I think), I can say I have seen the elephant already... so that question is answered before it is asked.

I WILL fight for America.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Well, I am now over 80... So I have no plans to buy another bullet or weapon of any kind.

I've given my sons rifles, shotguns, pistols, crossbows, and swords. And deep ammo lots for all of the shooters.

My sister (four years older than me) has a .38 Police revolver that I gave her. She is comfortable with it, and has @200 rounds for it.

My Beautiful Witch has a 30.06 with scope, two carry pistols, and bear spray.

If this all goes down while I am still on the green side of the lawn, I will not run out of offensive/defensive capability. And while I am the oldest fart on this site (I think), I can say I have seen the elephant already... so that question is answered before it is asked.

I WILL fight for America.
We'll fight together brother. Old guys are the most dangerous and the most deadly as we have little to lose compared to the young kids, we're more pissed off at what's happened to the country and we tend not to give two fucks about the lead flying around since we've had a great run already.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^^
There It Is.

We had a deal back in the Olden Days: I am far too much of a coward ever to be captured. Fact. It is a shitload easier and far more fun to go down fighting than handing your ass to somebody that really, really finds you unwanted.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Local Cabela's had 9mm JHP, 45 ACP, 380 Auto, and a few others. Guy before me bought out the 45 ACP, 380 Auto, and all but 2 boxes of 9mm (I bought the last 2). Was very happy to find ammo at retail prices.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
So over the last week or two I have noticed a trend. Anything associated with guns and ammo is starting to disappear off the shelves. No longer are powder and primers hard to find, but so too are bullets, brass, and reloading equipment. Even case lube and media for use in your tumbler are getting hard to find. I think the village idiot (joe) was right about a long dark winter.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Local Cabela's had 9mm JHP, 45 ACP, 380 Auto, and a few others. Guy before me bought out the 45 ACP, 380 Auto, and all but 2 boxes of 9mm (I bought the last 2). Was very happy to find ammo at retail prices.
Forgot to mention there were about 15 boxes of 38 Special target rounds at $22.99/each plus tax. Snagged a couple of those as well.

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I think the village idiot (joe) was right about a long dark winter.
A long dark winter reloading, doing inventory, cleaning and maintanace, filling in gaps...

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
A long dark winter reloading, doing inventory, cleaning and maintanace, filling in gaps...
3006.jpg

Once in awhile you have to open them all up and make sure they didnt go anywheres LOL. Storing 30:06 isnt very efficient

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Bullshit.
I just took a gander at their web-site, and EVERYTHING in the way of bulk ammo is Out of Stock.

Last edited:

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
along the way: i'm reminded to preach every once in a while:

be kind to your neighbors

identify, then engage

be kind to your neighbors...they're down-range

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Check out SGAmmo, Ammoman & Lucky Gunner, some inventory, high prices. .70-.80 per rd for 9mm.
Some 9mm possibly in stock @ .60 per rd.
Bulk Ammo for Sale Online Free Shipping Available (targetsportsusa.com)
Local Armslist guy claims to have a case of 9mm (2000 rounds) for $700. Armslist started to charge for a membership so I don't participate in that, but I am tempted to see if this deal is legit. Part of me would want to piece it out and sell for a profit, but then part of me says this shortage is going to be around for a long time and to keep it for myself.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
With Ag @ $24.65 & 9mm @ .60 per rd, the 9mm to Ag Ratio is approx 41/1. Fun Fact.