• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

No Fuel

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
more inflation

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Ran into a truck stop that was out of diesel yesterday in Fremont, IN.

The first time I’ve actually seen it this year in person instead of reading about it.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Mujahideen what are the truckers saying. I know the price is killing them but no oil or fuel stops them in their tracks.

Is this why the kenyan is putting in a 2500 gal tank?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Mujahideen what are the truckers saying. I know the price is killing them but no oil or fuel stops them in their tracks.

Some people are complaining about fuel and the lower rates, and used and new truck prices. I’ve seen some data where it showed a huge spike in the number of trucking authorities that have been revoked lately. I haven’t seen a shortage of oil or def yet. But I am already stockpiled.

I guess if you purchased an overpriced rig and then you get hit with lower rates and higher fuel you could be in trouble. The price of a used rig is so damn high I’ve considered selling mine and working for Walmart for a couple years until I retire. But idk.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Is this why the kenyan is putting in a 2500 gal tank?

That's not that much propane for that size of house. Normal homes will have 500 or 1,000 gal tanks. Might be two winters worth.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1655831916247.png

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That's not that much propane for that size of house. Normal homes will have 500 or 1,000 gal tanks. Might be two winters worth.
Probably to fuel a boiler, for a heated swimming pool.

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Reaction score
Some people are complaining about fuel and the lower rates, and used and new truck prices. I’ve seen some data where it showed a huge spike in the number of trucking authorities that have been revoked lately. I haven’t seen a shortage of oil or def yet. But I am already stockpiled.
Just spoke to a friend of mine who is a truck driver. He basically said exactly this.

1. Rates have dropped through the floor. Many trucks are sitting idle because of this, combined with the high fuel prices.

2. He has not seen a shortage of fuel himself anywhere between Boston and Virginia, nor has he heard a whisper of actual shortages anywhere in the US from anyone inside the industry.

I guess if you purchased an overpriced rig and then you get hit with lower rates and higher fuel you could be in trouble. The price of a used rig is so damn high
My friend said this too. Used trailers more than twice the price of three years ago.

I think this whole "diesel shortage" narrative is a psyop.

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I was just at the pump here in savanna ga, got diesel just fine, but the def came out so slow, took about 10 minutes to get 6 gallons.

I think the low supply is real, I think blackrock and others are trying to sabotage in order to promote electric. They have already instructed the rail lines to ship less fuel/def.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I was just at the pump here in savanna ga, got diesel just fine, but the def came out so slow, took about 10 minutes to get 6 gallons.

I think the low supply is real, I think blackrock and others are trying to sabotage in order to promote electric. They have already instructed the rail lines to ship less fuel/def.

Just be sure to point the future rioters towards Blackrock headquarters, along with the rail and other CEO's.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I guess if you purchased an overpriced rig and then you get hit with lower rates and higher fuel you could be in trouble. The price of a used rig is so damn high I’ve considered selling mine and working for Walmart for a couple years until I retire. But idk.
Are pre-DEF rigs commanding a premium yet?

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

I know a guy that bought one recently in California as they made them illegal there, so businesses/truckers had to sell. I didn’t ask how much he paid for it, but I suspect he got a good deal.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

They kinda always were because the def systems on newer trucks suck and are expensive to replace.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A few years ago a local Freightliner dealer told me that they were selling far more 'glider kits' (unpowered truck chassis) than complete tractors due to the regulations. Trucking companies would then install their older, rebuilt engines to power the new chassis. But lately, I think the EPA has somehow turned up the heat on glider builders. But still there are lots of smaller, independent owner operators running the older trucks and just keep patching them up.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
A few years ago a local Freightliner dealer told me that they were selling far more 'glider kits' (unpowered truck chassis) than complete tractors due to the regulations. Trucking companies would then install their older, rebuilt engines to power the new chassis. But lately, I think the EPA has somehow turned up the heat on glider builders. But still there are lots of smaller, independent owner operators running the older trucks and just keep patching them up.
I checked into getting a replacement engine for a Kubota tractor. In order to do that I had to show the epa that the older engine was destroyed before I could even order the new one.

Strictly off road