• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Noose racial trigger turns out to be unused shoelaces

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Michigan State University
STATEMENT ON RACIAL INCIDENT IN RESIDENCE HALL (OCT. 4, 2017)

After investigating, MSU Police have determined the object was a packaged leather shoelace and not a noose. The matching packaged shoelace was found outside of the residence hall. Officers located and spoke to the student who lost both of the shoelaces, which are packaged in a way that someone could perceive them to look similar to a noose. The student who lost the shoelaces lives on the same floor as the student who made the original report.

Also, the original shoelace found inside the residence hall was not directed at any individual. It originally was seen on hallway floor and later on a stairwell door handle, where officers believe someone put it after picking it up.

As we did in this case, the university takes any reported racial incident very seriously. We feel it is important to quickly communicate what we know to the campus community and provide updates as necessary. MSU continues to provide support to the students involved.

--Jason Cody, MSU spokesman

-----------------------------------------------

I was distressed this morning to learn of a racial incident in one of our residence halls. A student reported a noose was hung outside of her room. I want to recognize the courage it took for the student to report this incident.

MSU Police and our Office of Institutional Equity were immediately notified, and both promptly began investigations. I want to be clear: This type of behavior is not tolerated on our campus. No Spartan should ever feel targeted based on their race, or other ways in which they identify. A noose is a symbol of intimidation and threat that has a horrendous history in America.

While at this time we do not know all of the details, the Spartan community can be assured we are vigorously investigating this situation.

https://cabs.msu.edu/news/key-issues/issue-docs/racial-incident.html

-- Lou Anna K. Simon, MSU President

Attachments

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
MSU Needs to ban shoe laces.
Students won't have them in prison anyway. Might as well get used to it.

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
This is what psychologists call apophenia.
—the human tendency to see connections and patterns that are not real, thereby giving rise to conspiracy theories.
Standard psychological test would be the Rorschach test.
Looking at inkblots in patterns.
What do you see in this picture?
Yes, seeing racist symbols in everyday items is a psychological problem.
Rorschach_blot_01.jpg

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The kids today are so weak minded. Just think if we needed to rely on them to storm the beaches of Normandy against Nazi tyranny. They are not tough nor smart. It's just a bunch of dumb kids walking around like victims and the whole world owes them everything.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
MSU Needs to ban shoe laces.
Students won't have them in prison anyway. Might as well get used to it.
I'd settle for them banning stupidity... but that's just me....

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
- Lou Anna K. Simon, MSU President NEEDS A SIZE 12 FOOT UP HER ASS

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Statement from the MSU president

"I was distressed this morning to learn of a racial incident in one of our residence halls. A student reported a noose was hung outside of her room. I want to recognize the courage it took for the student to report this incident.

MSU Police and our Office of Institutional Equity were immediately notified, and both promptly began investigations. I want to be clear: This type of behavior is not tolerated on our campus. No Spartan should ever feel targeted based on their race, or other ways in which they identify. A noose is a symbol of intimidation and threat that has a horrendous history in America.

While at this time we do not know all of the details, the Spartan community can be assured we are vigorously investigating this situation.

-- Lou Anna K. Simon, MSU President"

Dear Lou Anna,

In your statement you acknowledge that there is an investigation and we don't know the details. Yet you call this a racial incident. You say you will not have tolerance for this type of behaviour.

I will say this. You are right, this is a racial incident and we should not tolerate this kind of behaviour. So resign in shame. You saw an opportunity to create a racially charged situation and it comes to light you are a piece of garbage.