• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

'NUCLEAR WEAPON' GOES OFF In BEIRUT: APOCALYPTIC SCENE Breaking News

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Not 'nuclear' but definitely BIG! Looks like fireworks depot

'NUCLEAR WEAPON' GOES OFF In BEIRUT: APOCALYPTIC SCENE Breaking News

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Lebanese capital rocked by huge explosion
By Tara John, Melissa Macaya, Mike Hayes, Veronica Rocha and Meg Wagner, CNN
Updated 4:41 p.m. ET, August 4, 2020

What we know so far
  • At least 50 people were killed in a massive explosion that shook the Lebanese capital, Beirut, on Tuesday evening, the health minister said.
  • The blast appears to have been centered on the city's port area.
  • A CNN producer witnessed "chaotic scene" in Beirut emergency room following the explosion.
  • Lebanon state-run NNA news reported that a major fire broke out near Beirut port and firefighting teams rushed to the scene and worked to put out the fire.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
When asked his opinion on beirut, jesse jackson replied, "I think Willie Mays was a better fielder."

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
BOOM! goes the dynomite!

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Remember when those nukes went "missing" under Obama? Did they ever get found?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
nukes don't just go boom
that was not a nuke explosion

Agreed, although I'm not the expert in recognizing a tactical nuclear device exploding but it sure as hell wasn't fireworks!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1596576688843.png

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Fireworks - irrespective of the quantity - dont go BOOM all at once. Explosive compounds - whether ammonium nitrate or something else on the other hand would...

Which would suggest that Hezbollah was storing some of their toys alongside the fireworks. Israel finds out and here we are...

-or-

Someone [Israel] is picking a fight with Hezbollah and used some sort of really big bomb [MOAB]. I saw videos that the port (located right next to the exposion) suffered major damage.

Lots of angles to this - as is usual with all things middle east related.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Oy vey!

1596577853436.png

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Agreed, although I'm not the expert in recognizing a tactical nuclear device exploding but it sure as hell wasn't fireworks!
nukes 'go hot' when they fire, melting everything from the blast

what I've seen in the videos are flattened buildings, few/no fires

that was one large explosion, so, one object packed enough explosive to do the job but the fire had to be set, the cutting charges had to be put into place while the large bomb waited for detonation...i'm thinking those 'fireworks' could be charges set to take down the building, weaken it so the explosion would destroy it

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
nukes 'go hot' when they fire, melting everything from the blast

what I've seen in the videos are flattened buildings, few/no fires

that was one large explosion, so, one object packed enough explosive to do the job but the fire had to be set, the cutting charges had to be put into place while the large bomb waited for detonation...i'm thinking those 'fireworks' could be charges set to take down the building, weaken it so the explosion would destroy it

That works for me!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Which would suggest that Hezbollah was storing some of their toys alongside the fireworks. Israel finds out and here we are...
Some "I love a lunch bar" at the 1min mark

compilation of booms
Beirut Lebanon Massive Explosion | Before and After Footage

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Any bets on the death count? I bet it's over 1000

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Could the 'fireworks' be ammo going off?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Aftermath of massive explosion in Beirut - WARNING - VIDEO CONTAINS DISTURBING IMAGES -

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
news report

Several injured after massive explosion rocks Lebanese capital Beirut

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Any bets on the death count? I bet it's over 1000
all depends on how many business' existed near this facility

i'll suppose there will be lot's of people who survived, they'll be deaf from this point on...blood vessels in the nose and eyes can rupture from the concussion, causing other issues

the pressure cloud was enormous

Could the 'fireworks' be ammo going off?
i'm wild ass guessing this but my very first watch, and most re-watches, it appears these 'explosions' follow building lines, they're not 'everywhere', 'up in the air', 'on the ground', they appear to be located at spots where building corners, roof joints would be...

again, that's just my perspective, i've seen random ammunition pop videos before, they're tame compared to this

more like cutting charges i've seen in building demolition videos, etc...they don't seem 'random', more 'patterned'

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I wonder if the MOAB would cause that much destruction? Not saying it was a MOAB... just curious....

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I wonder if the MOAB would cause that much destruction? Not saying it was a MOAB... just curious....
MOAB was 21,000 lbs of TNT. So I'd say this explosion is larger by a couple times.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
uh... "Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket"... .OK, I'm outa here...

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What happened to all the women in that city? The only female I have seen in these videos is a reporter.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Fertilizer go boom, bad idea to store near the docks or in a city...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Up to the minute info here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/aug/04/beirut-explosion-huge-blast-port-lebanon-capital

Lebanon’s Supreme Defence Council recommended declaring Beirut a disaster-stricken city, declaring a two-week state of emergency in the capital and handing over security responsibility to military authorities, Reuters reports.

A council statement, read live on television, said President Michel Aoun has decided to release 100bn Lebanese pounds in emergency allocations from the 2020 budget.

It also recommended ahead of a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday that a committee be tasked with investigating the blast and present its findings within five days to mete out the maximum punishment for those responsible.

===

People in Beirut appear to be opening their homes up to those who need a place to spend the night – many people’s apartments are now windowless or nearly destroyed:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/aug/04/beirut-explosion-huge-blast-port-lebanon-capital

====

19m ago18:41

Enjoli Liston
More on those comments from US President Donald Trump:
Donald Trump was just asked whether he was “confident” the Lebanon explosion was “an attack and not an accident”.

He told reporters: “Well it would seem like it, based on the explosion.” The president added he had met with US generals and said they “seem to feel that it was”.

“They seem to think it was an attack. It was a bomb of some kind, yes,” he said.
Trump’s assessment contradicts the information coming out of Lebanon

=====

Trump says explosion 'looks like a terrible attack'

Enjoli Liston
Donald Trump has said the deadly explosion in Beirut today “looks like a terrible attack”.

“The United States stands ready to assist Lebanon. We have a very good relationship with the people of Lebanon, and we will be there to help,” Trump said as he opened the daily White House coronavirus press conference on Tuesday. “It looks like a terrible attack,” he added.

The president did not immediately elaborate. It was unclear whether Trump’s comments were just his view, or based on an intelligence briefing.

Lebanon’s security chief, Abbas Ibrahim, has blamed combustible chemicals stored in a warehouse. The interior minister, Mohammed Fahmi, said ammonium nitrate had been among the materials stored and called for an investigation into how it ignited.

===

Look how fast it was from this guy's car which looks to be about a mile away.

====

Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab has confirmed that 2,700 tonnes of ammonium nitrate are believed to have exploded, AFP reports:

The amount of ammonium nitrate would make this explosion larger than the to the 1947 Texas Disaster, when a consignment of 2,300 tonnes of ammonium nitrate exploded:

From Encyclopaedia Britannica, which lists the death toll from that disaster at between 400 and 600 people.

On the morning of April 16, the French-owned Grandcamp was preparing to finish loading a consignment of ammonium nitrate fertilizer at the port of Texas City, near Galveston. About 8:00 AM crew members noticed smoke in the cargo area, where 2,300 tons of the fertilizer had already been stowed. In order to keep the cargo intact, the crew decided not to use water to extinguish the fire; they instead tried, unsuccessfully, to snuff out the flames. Shortly after 9:00 AM the temperature inside the cargo area had risen enough to spark a massive explosion that was heard as far as 150 miles (240 km) away. The resulting fire destroyed the dock area and engulfed the nearby Monsanto Chemical Company plant. A mushroom cloud rose 2,000 feet (600 metres) into the air, and two small planes passing above were destroyed.​
===​
Seven employees missing in port granaries, wheat unusable
Lebanon’s economy minister, Raoul Nehme, told local media on Tuesday that the wheat in Beirut’s port granaries can not be used and that the ministry lost track of seven employees in the granaries, Reuters reports.

The minister also told local media that Lebanon will import wheat and added that the country currently has enough wheat until they begin importing it.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Probably should send all those unemployed AntiFa teachers over there to help clean up the mess...

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Last edited: