• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Numis & Coin shows

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Did I mention my purchase at the show for 5x Double Eagles + 1 Eagle ?

Dates for $20 are 1865, 1875, 1876, 1891-S, and 1904
The $10 piece is from 1850 !!!

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
2 More shows coming up in December over the next 2 weeks !
I'm getting 10x of the Australia gold 1/25th oz'ers to sell.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Did I mention my purchase at the show for 5x Double Eagles + 1 Eagle ?

Dates for $20 are 1865, 1875, 1876, 1891-S, and 1904
The $10 piece is from 1850 !!!
The stories they could tell!

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
2 More shows coming up in December over the next 2 weeks !
I'm getting 10x of the Australia gold 1/25th oz'ers to sell.

I wish I could go to some coin shows in December but I am going to be too busy at my regular job working 60-hour workdays during most of December.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
2019 could bring a significant challenge in terms of my business. Starting January 1, 2019, ebay will start collecting sales tax on the behalf of a few states. It will be interesting for me to see how big the impact will be for me as an ebay seller in terms of sales since I have customers in those selected states that ebay will collect sales tax on.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
BEMAC >> Nice Silver Ducat !

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
For the first time, I was a dealer at a coin show this weekend. This was a big experiment for me. I've still got today to go, but so far it's been interesting. Very few people have even looked at my case full of numi's, ducatons, talers, and other foreign silver crown-sized coins, and more modern gold numi's. Most of the action has taken place in my gold bullion case, old gold bullion specifically. And silver bullion, even sold a 100 oz brick. Sales have been higher than what I expected, if I expected anything. But I'm still surprised my hoard of foreign silver crown-sized coins has gone essentially unnoticed. Some of the coolest coins in the room, and no one cares. There is one dealer who has some nice middle aged hammered gold, high grade, so I can't say I've got the coolest. I guess I'm the only one who had a large selection of old gold bullion, and it's been a hot item, much more so than silver bullion.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I expected anything. But I'm still surprised my hoard of foreign silver crown-sized coins has gone essentially unnoticed.
What is moving bemac are your items that take little or no brain power to acknowledge. All the other pieces may as well be in a museum as people have no idea what they are looking at.
BULLION for SALE = little to no thought processing. The customer either wants it or not.
Best of Luck Today.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
For the first time, I was a dealer at a coin show this weekend. This was a big experiment for me. I've still got today to go, but so far it's been interesting. Very few people have even looked at my case full of numi's, ducatons, talers, and other foreign silver crown-sized coins, and more modern gold numi's. Most of the action has taken place in my gold bullion case, old gold bullion specifically. And silver bullion, even sold a 100 oz brick. Sales have been higher than what I expected, if I expected anything. But I'm still surprised my hoard of foreign silver crown-sized coins has gone essentially unnoticed. Some of the coolest coins in the room, and no one cares. There is one dealer who has some nice middle aged hammered gold, high grade, so I can't say I've got the coolest. I guess I'm the only one who had a large selection of old gold bullion, and it's been a hot item, much more so than silver bullion.
Good to hear you are venturing out onto the bourse. I have thought about it but never taken the plunge. Good to know people are interested in bullion. As for your numi, it is a bit more of a specialized niche. My guess is that if you stay in the game you will slowly attract a small clientele of people who appreciate your stuff. Good luck out there.

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Just wondering what kind of old gold bullion is hottest? Is it going for well over? Nice to hear from you sounds fun.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Great report Bemac and thanks for sharing !

Thalers & Crowns are slow for me too. The only large silvers that sell are 8-reales if they're cheap enough ($50-$80 range).
Old U.S. gold does well in my area.

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Kinda like the gun shows in recent years. People drool over Glocks & mosin nagants & walk by vintage Winchesters, Colts, etc...
I don't know if they don't care or don't know what it/they are.
I grew up with Matt Dillon, Rifleman, Paladin, etc, those younger grew up with AR 15's & gangsters shooting glocks sideways.
That's what they know.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I agree 100%. Funny thing is that the gold silver marketplace is opposite to human logical thinking. Most dear folks think a
DEAL on gold numi like coins is not a good buy. They prefer to chase the marketplace like in stocks to be sure they are on the right side of the
boat so-to-say. Frankly the contrary buyers of a market hated usually do a lot better because by the time the heard gets wind (foul wind at that)
of a huge market rise it's almost ready to dive...

DYODD
RULE 1 mankind has 6,000 years of human nature finished.
RULE 2 study it and NOT be foolish
RULE 3 Oil still runs the world for now
RULE 4 Gold & Silver are the only real money - rest are failing fiat paper currencies
RULE 5 In the end it all comes out and evens out

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Kinda like the gun shows in recent years. People drool over Glocks & mosin nagants & walk by vintage Winchesters, Colts, etc...
That's right, Winchesters & Colts used to be as good as gold and easy to sell. Now they're sluggish.

I've been picking up well cared for pristine pieces when they pop up like a .357 Ruger Security 6 with stag grips that I snagged for $500.
Also picked up a Ruger .357 GP-100 new in the box never fired with a 6" barrel for only $450.

Anyhow, -OOPS- this is a coin thread........ but I agree. The youth don't know jack shit about quality.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I also am seeing fewer of the "tag along" dealers set up tables at these show's. Meaning fewer western wear, Military surplus, Boot dealers are showing up and selling. We always called these guys to Flea Market side of a gun show (non-gun/knife) dealers. Our last show had almost none of the Big Ammo dealers that normally show up, Just a couple of small fly by night ammo guys. Oh well, At least I was able to fill my pockets with Morgans for only a dollar over melt!

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Nice seated quarter !

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Your right, I stand corrected...... I hardly see those 20c pieces. Super nice find.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
went to lcs this weekend, they were selling silver for 15.90 and up, one guy selling average circ morgans and peace dollars for 16 each. the way its looking silvers going down to 14s, gona vait and vatch

LCS today had a few deals. Peace dollars for $16.50 each, silver rounds for $17. I bought 17 WL Halves for $6; and a $5 gold piece listed at $339 the dealer had, he threw in for $20 bucks off, so net $319. He had 1/10 oz gold eagles for $10 over spot and 1/4 oz for $15 over spot. I picked up a few barber halves to fill some holes in a folder I've been piecing together with Barbers I've stumbled across for peanuts the past few years--mostly all under $10-$12.

I had to shovel and blow 8 inches of wet snow last night and another 4 inches this morning to get out of the garage; and it was 40-45 miles per hour for the 40-mile trip going, 45-50 coming home, but it's always fun to see what the current market conditions are. Due to the heavy snow, there wasn't many people at the show when I was there, but more will likely be moseying in as the day goes on, as it's bright and sunny this afternoon with melting snows.