• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

NY Homeowner Arrested After Killing Two Home Invaders With ‘Illegal’ Gun

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
NY Homeowner Arrested After Killing Two Home Invaders With ‘Illegal’ Gun
BY DAN ZIMMERMAN
MAY 29, 2019

Scenes from life in Governor Cuomo’s SAFE Act paradise: an upstate homeowner has been charged with a felony after he defended himself from two home invaders with what prosecutors are calling an “illegal gun.”

“He told me that when they were coming up the stairs, that as they approached him, that he was scared to death and he thought they were going to kill him. One of the troopers said, ‘did you see anything in their hands?’ He said, ‘I didn’t look at their hands, I just saw them coming at me and I thought to myself, at that point, that it’s either them or me,’ and he just started firing,” (defense attorney Mark) Wolber said.​

courtesy wktv.com

The homeowner, 64-year-old Ronald Stolarczyk, shot and killed Patricia Anne Talerico and her nephew, Nicholas Talerico. But Stolarczyk hasn’t been charged with a homicide. At least not yet. What has police concerned is the handgun Stolarczyk used.

…Stolarczyk is charged with felony gun possession because investigators believe he used his deceased father’s gun, which he never registered to himself, to kill the two suspected intruders.​
So Stolarczyk’s father either gave or left the handgun in question to his son. Under New York’s famously restrictive gun control laws, the son wasn’t required to undergo a background check to receive the handgun from his father. But he did need to have a pistol permit to legally own the firearm and have it registered in his name.

Investigators are still, you know, investigating. And as the two home invaders apparently weren’t armed, it’s possible that the local prosecutor may still charge Stolarczyk with manslaughter or even murder in the case.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Perhaps a jury trial will nullify the law against protecting oneself?
A reasonable person would certainly think so !

I wonder what would happen to intruders into Cuomo’s home & he shot them with a gun inherited from his father ??

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
They were in his house, uninvited. They were up to no good, possibly even including violence. It doesn’t matter what he shot them with, they had it coming.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So if I shot an intruder with a gun not registered to me, I'm the criminal?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I don't think this gentleman committed a crime, if he had used a shotgun, these perps would be just as dead and that would have been legal, glad I left New York. Is there a legal defense fund yet?

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Depends where you live, if in a dem/prog/soc sh&$h&#e the answer is most likely yes, if you live where I live, applauded & possible medal ceremony.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What if you shoot an illegal with an illegal gun (it's really a tool? They are not to be in the country anyhow.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
"The intruders may have thought the house was abandoned because it was dilapidated and surrounded by overgrown vegetation, Wolberg said. It had no electricity because Stolarczyk couldn’t afford to pay the bill, he said."

So The homeowner doesn't have the money to apply for a permit. Sounds like the permit infringes on his Constitutional rights doesn't it? After all, all the libtards in my sate, NY, claim you can't require government ID to vote since the cost of getting an ID is an infringement on the person's civil rights.

For some legal perspective in NY:

Bernie Goetz shot four guys on a NYC subway with an illegal handgun - served 8 months for the illegal gun, not for using it.

Former Hell's Angel Ray Dwyer shot and killed a rival Pagan in Plainview at a motorcycle expo - he also was only convicted of gun possession charge, not for murder or for using the gun.

This guy had an illegal gun in his own home, that was legal until his father died. It will be interesting to see where this goes. I think NY dug itself into a hole on this one.

Furthermore....

NY enshrined s woman’s ability to abort her baby. This is to make sure she’ll have proper medical care because otherwise, she’d be forced to take matters into her own hands which would be dangerous to her (not so much to the baby she’s trying to kill). So, this guy guy used his dead father's gun to save his life from two intruders that he gave fair warning. Shouldn’t NY recognize that people will go to whatever lengths to protect their own life?

Also, what obligation does Stolarczyk have to turn the gun in? It wasn’t his firearm to begin with and he only used it to save his life and the state licensing agent is obligated to keep its records straight after all they do have access to certificates of death issued by the state.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sounds like self chosen late term abortion to me. They made the choice to be there and rob him.
They woke up and made a decision to steal. He didn't wake up and pick them out of a crowd and shoot them.

Last edited:

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What if you shoot an illegal with an illegal gun (it's really a tool? They are not to be in the country anyhow.
Two negatives:
Makes it a Positive

that's o.k.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I wondered if anyone would get that. Good job!:beer:

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
See you at the supreme court!
But only if he has at least an extra half a mil and all of the planets align properly. Even if the case made it all the way through the appeals process, chances are still only about 5% or less that the Supremes would even have a look at it.

At least the guy has the satisfaction of knowing that the two perps won't be trying that again. Too bad it's illegal to make sure the prosecutor won't either.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
…Stolarczyk is charged with felony gun possession because investigators believe he used his deceased father’s gun, which he never registered to himself, to kill the two suspected intruders.​

Anyone else think the lawyers in this state are waaaaaaayyyyy out of control.

This is one of the huge liabilities of a democracy, the fact that these morons can attempt to profit from reality...

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Anyone else think the lawyers in this state are waaaaaaayyyyy out of control.

This is one of the huge liabilities of a democracy, the fact that these morons can attempt to profit from reality...
Sorry arminius, I had to make a small correction. :holding hands: