• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Oak Island / Lost Civil War Gold

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Instead of highjacking other threads I thought I start this one.
Oak Island - I read the same article as a kid in Reader's Digest that Rick Lagina did in the 60's. I have also been fascinated by the stories / tales but not to the extent the Lagina brothers have. Over ten years years ago Marty Lagina, business man, And Rick the older brother postal worker bought the rights to work the island under the auspices of the Canadian Gov.
About 5 years ago the HISTORY Channel started documenting their dig along with Property owners Fred Nolan and Dan and Dave Blankenship ( Father and Son).
2 years ago Fred Nolan past way in his 90s. Late last year Dan Blankenship passed on.
While the group has not hit big artifacts it has recovered pieces here and there which have helped them zero in on where to look.
This season ended has Winter rolled in and Heavy Equipment Union Members were out on strike, but last minute changes helped locate even more indicators that they are on the right track for next season.

More of the Nutshell on wiki here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curse_of_Oak_Island

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Like the show, but hate the constant recaps within each episode. I also question some of their methods. I do hope they actually find something soon.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I have been fascinated by Oak Island for sixty years.

My best wishes go out to Marty and Rick in their quest for the answers.

At this point, it is nothing short of a tense mystery novel.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I like it but...too slow getting to it and too many..."could it be?...from the Templars!!?...human bones 179 feet down!!?..is it possible!!?...I think we'll get to court dates for deep staters before we get into the money pit. What if its true!!?

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I also get interested in the collateral tales that people like Zena Halpern[sp?] bring to the group.
AND The lead cross that Gary Drayton (metal detecting expert) found in a shore line dig. A team led by one of the Laginas to France found an identical carving in the wall that had been a dungeon holding Knights Templars back in the day.
The latest find was a Pine Tree rock carving on the island that is identical to Geo. Washington's Appeal to Heaven flag.
AND
That Nova Scotia was trying to be the thirteenth colony when the lower colonies decided to split Vermont/New Hampshire area into two separates. And how important the number 13 was to the Founding Fathers as many were Freemasons.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I have watched the show from its inception ...and had read the readers digest article in the 60s ....while i have very strong doubts of them finding any "treasure" it does put forth some intresting mystery's.......i also hate the constant "could it be's" ........ couple of seasons ago i do think some of the dives were unbelievable and over the top risky......i find the seismic mapping to be interesting

didnt know Blankenship had passed

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
FWIW......i googled Blankenship ...he passed 3/17/19 ...very recently
I shoulda known that as he was in the season finale and there was a tribute to him early this past TV season that just ended.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
"Al Capone's vault."

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling