• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

OAN On TV

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So my youngest son came up the other day and showed me how to get OANN on the TV. We have one of those modern TVs that can do all kinds of interwebz videos and streaming programs. I'm just tickled I can watch Hopalong Cassidy, Have Gun Will Travel, Rawhide, Combat!, Night Court and Svengoolie. Anyway, my son showed me how to get OANN news so thought I would pass it along.

You DO NOT have to subscribe, "join" or pay for any service! You DO have to have WiFi or an interwebz connection to your TV then access to Roku -> Roku TV ->OAN (channel 180 on my Roku TV listing). That's all there is to it! I have it running in the background now.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
After getting Roku, my wife watched Petticoat Junction, various other oldies, and is now on Dragnet. It seems the writers threw a bit of humor into that.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Is "roku" free or paid subscription?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Roku is basically free, but you need to set up an account to subscribe to the channels and services you want. They encourage you to try and buy the paid channels like CBS All Access and Disney Plus. We tried CBS for a free trial, watched Picard, then cancelled. We paid for a month of Disney, watched the Simpsons episodes, and cancelled. Their cancel policy is easy, and you can cancel any time and still watch the service to the end of the paid month.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Is "roku" free or paid subscription?
Parts of Roku are free on our tv. Within the Roku"channels" is Roku "Live TV" I think it's called. ALL Free. Click on that then scroll the selection for OAN or whatever you you might want to watch. I saw only 2 other channels there that might be worth watching and lots of, to me, useless,pointless crapola.

But yeah, no charge for OANN!

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
An "OK" free one is ustvgo.tv

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I'll see what's available of the above in the EU on my tv through the router box... ty

Think it will be a time-consuming procedure "bypassing" my "service provider"...

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'll see what's available of the above in the EU on my tv through the router box... ty

Think it will be a time-consuming procedure "bypassing" my "service provider"...
Depends on your TV, it's age and it's features. In your Settings menu you should be able to select between signal sources, ie. antenna/cable/WiFi/direct interwebz/DVD/DVR/etc. Your selection(s) will determine which connectors on the back panel or, in the case of WiFi, internal receiver, will be engaged and/or what needs to be connected to the TV. Some signal paths, as in the case of WiFi, will require your access codes to the signal source and your password if required. Certain signal providers such as Amazon.com will require that the TV has access to your account at Amazon. Again this means your something like your email or other customer ID and your Amazon or other customer password. Once these are set up you can simply navigate to the source, click,then select what you want to view or listen to. Mrs. Alton likes listening to classical music on youtube.

You can also connect to private servers if you have the codes. My oldest son set up a server with his media collection, something 8 terabites of movies, cartoons, tv shows, comic books/graphic novels, music. I could spend days watching ALL the Godzilla/Gojira movies, SpongeBob Squarepants, Wallace and Grommet, Tin Tin, Jason Bourne, and any of a thousand other titles. He bought the server database software named Emby and it puts a selection logo on my screen in a size and style matching those of Roku, Vudu, Amazon and all the other commercial logos already listed on the screen so it just "fits in".