• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Ocasio-Cortez supports over-the-counter birth control

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Ocasio-Cortez supports over-the-counter birth control

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Friday expressed support for over-the-counter (OTC) birth control even though her own party has taken a clear stance against the move, RedState reported.

The tweet: "Birth control should be over-the-counter, pass it on," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.​

But Republicans have already tried and failed to make this reality due to Democratic resistance, as pointed out by Townhall's Katie Pavlich.

"Republicans proposed this. Planned Parenthood said no," Pavlich tweeted.

Prior efforts: In 2016, then-candidate Trump said he supports OTC birth control, but Democrats have strongly pushed back against the proposal.

GOP Sens. Joni Ernst (R-IA) and Cory Gardner (R-CO) in March introduced the “Allowing Greater Access to Safe and Effective Contraception Act” which, according to Reason, “would help federal regulators fast-track the approval process for converting hormonal contraceptive pills from prescription to over-the-counter drug status.”

The bill, however, has been neglected by the Senate Finance Committee.

Flashback: In 2015, Democratic Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) introduced a bill to protect ObamaCare’s contraception mandate fearing OTC birth control might prove too expensive for some, no matter "how easy it is to get."

“If something is too expensive, it doesn’t matter how easy it is to get. It might as well be on the moon,” Murray said at the time.
“I do think at some point, birth control will be offered over the counter, and when that happens, our bill makes sure insurance companies still cover it,” she said.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
WTF are these morons talking about? Dirt cheap birth control is already available over the counter. The Pill costs about $10 a month. A 12-pack of damned Trojans costs $5.

A few weeks ago I was surprised to see that you can even get a dozen condoms at the Dollar Store, for yes one fuckin' buck.

Though anybody buying the cheap imports from Pakistan or Cambodia or wherever, I think I'd splurge for the Trojans. :D

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
WTF are these morons talking about? Dirt cheap birth control is already available over the counter. The Pill costs about $10 a month. A 12-pack of damned Trojans costs $5.

A few weeks ago I was surprised to see that you can even get a dozen condoms at the Dollar Store, for yes one fuckin' buck.

Though anybody buying the cheap imports from Pakistan or Cambodia or wherever, I think I'd splurge for the Trojans. :D
We're not targeting the intelligent here....most of the problem is caused by those spontaneous lads and lassies who's IQ is just north of freezing [in Fahrenheit] !

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
We're not targeting the intelligent here....most of the problem is caused by those spontaneous lads and lassies who's IQ is just north of freezing [in Fahrenheit] !
You're way too generous. I would have said Celsius. Have you seen some of these dolts?

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
"Though anybody buying the cheap imports from Pakistan or Cambodia or wherever, I think I'd splurge for the Trojans." (ZZZZ)

Seems to me there is something icky about the way you put that.