• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Oh, deary dear... I want one

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How do they keep the barrels cool?

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Cool! A land based Phalanx system. Is that part of the Iron Dome system?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The War Industry is profitable...as usual.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The War Industry is profitable...as usual.
They have come up with some very cool stuff. You can't take that away from them. AT least they've done something neat with those trillions of taxpayer dollars we know about. Imagine what they've done with the hundreds of trillions of 'lost' dollars we don't know about!

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
They have come up with some very cool stuff. You can't take that away from them. AT least they've done something neat with those trillions of 'lost' taxpayer dollars
I want a real life high speed train and maybe an Autobahn too...

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
They got em all, impressive, but...lots of misses too. A stream of tracer light lights up the night. I'd like to see the pile of spent shells...I bet they glow for a few seconds.

Similar to the gun on a A-10 Warthog, except that one shoots short bursts and the recoil affects the planes speed...IIRC.

If the state Senate from Kalifornia had a vote on this killer they'd have limited it to no more than a 5 round magazine.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Defense..........eurofags need to learn how to spell

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The Phalanx uses radar to walk the rounds onto the target. That's why so many rounds fired. I just want the money for the ammo.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
High speed rail, high speed driving lanes, and high speed rate of fire. Sounds like a win, win, win.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Im wondering what the areas look like where all the misses land.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
what's 'wrong' with the explosions as the inflamed missiles hits the ground, they don't appear to be real...
all pixelated...out of sync with the impact...

Is this from an RPG game?

Bigfoot

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
what's 'wrong' with the explosions as the inflamed missiles hits the ground, they don't appear to be real...

If you look closely at the smoke trails, you'll see that they disappear unnaturally, and that the smoke doesn't linger and drift. I don't know which program this is from, but it's not real. Pretty amazing graphics though, whoever designed the simulation did a real nice job.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Distance for sound to travel = 1142 feet per second @ sea level...so ~ 4.7 seconds per mile. Pixelation may be your video processor as all explosions were clear/without pixelation on my screen.

I found it more interesting that it took ~150 to 300+ rounds to down one missle and about 1/8 to 1/3 the missiles exploded on impact. VERY costly for both sides!