• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

OLD TIME STEAM POWERED MACHINE SHOP

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Old Steam Powered Machine Shop 33 Governor pulley change
David Richards

Published on Nov 25, 2017
In the 1920s, small shops and mills were powered mostly by water or steam power. this is #33 in a series of videos made to demonstrate the way machining was done in those days when very important things in the world were invented, produced, improved on, maintained and repaired. Comments, stories, questions and discussion about machine work and steam power are always welcome here. Glad to have you along with our worldwide band of industrial historians.....Dave

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
OLD STEAM POWERED MACHINE SHOP 34 setting up a cutter grinder
David Richards

Published on Dec 8, 2017
More adventurers of a steam powered machine shop set up to operater as it might have in 1925. This installment concerns adapting a bench center to work as a cutter grinder center and setting up a cutter grind job. The boiler piping is explained and some heavy drill press work done. All comments, questions and discussion about steam power, old machine shop work and line shaft belt drives are welcome here. Check my G+ page for news....Dave

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
OLD STEAM POWERED MACHINE SHOP 35 Steam engine frame base
David Richards

Published on Dec 22, 2017
#35 in a series of setting up and what it might have been like to run a steam powered machine "job shop" in 1925. Earlier videos explain some of the fine points of flat belt steam power from a time when the Zeppellins were roaming over the Atlantic and Linburgh was planning a solo flight. Power was by water or steam by flat belt line shafts, men learned trades as apprentices, great things were built and done. Discussion, questions and comments on old shop work, line shaft power, and stationary steam engineering are always welcome here. Check my g+ page for shop news. Thanks for watching.....Dave

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
OLD STEAM POWERED MACHINE SHOP 36 Old Methods
David Richards

Published on Jan 10, 2018
This is number 36 in a series of videos depicting a 1925 steam powered "job" machine shop that I put together. I try to use only old measuring and machining methods to rebuild steam and gas engines, regular customer jobs, etc. as the only revenue generating steam powered machine shop in North America. Thanks for watching, liking and subscribing. You can check my g+ page for shop news and other videos concerning steam power used in building our country.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
OLD STEAM POWERED MACHINE SHOP 37 Gone South
David Richards

Published on Feb 7, 2018
Welcome to my channel, where steam power, line shaft transmission and machine shop work as it would have been done years ago is the theme. This is #37 in the series, if this lights your interest you might also might like some of my earlier videos of my 1925 target dated shop in upstate NY. Discussion and questions are always welcome here. Check my G+ page for news, thanks for watching.......Dave