• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

OPEN DEER SEASON

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
#5 Main diet of deer being herbicide and pesticide sprayed genetically-modified crops.

Get real. Trophy racks are much more common today than ever, and pesticides have been in almost universal use for 40 years.

GMO is a retarded term thrown about far too often today. Every living being on earth is by definition 'genetically modified'.

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Beefie, I would like to make a suppressor for my .22 rifle. It's a Marlin 795.

Can you give me any advice? Blueprint? Idiot-resistant destructions? I've got several hundred rounds of standard speed LR's all ready to go, if that becomes necessary. Hope not. Slow .22's turn the gun into a single-jam-shot-eject gun. :cheerful:

You do know you have to posess your tax stamp before you make your first baffle, right? There are a lot of blueprints on the net, they're not hard to make if you have machinst's tools and talent. A guy north of town builds them, he literally presses his baffles out of washers.

IMO, it's easier to buy than build. You'll have to thread your bbl, too. Sub sonics are stupid quiet with a decent can, and I wouldn't bother threading a rifle that didn't run on them. The supersonic crack pretty much ruins the purpose of the can on a 22 IMO.

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The first pic looks like a broken horn. The second looks like a normal rack, just one side blends in with his head?

It's hard to tell by one angle snap shots, you should spend some time out there and try to see them from differen angles.
The second deer has no rack at all on the right side. I have a ton of pictures of that deer.

Attachments

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
So... I dunno whether to be happy or sad.

Circumstances have prevented me from having any chance at all to go out hunting.

My best bud just called me from the Redneck Riviera (Floriduh Panhandle).

"Hey Waltie... you want me to shoot you a deer? I got nine of them in my front yard."

Me: "Holy smokes! That ain't even cheatin' fair!!"

Me again: "Sh!t yeah, bro! I'll give ya the $50 for cuttin' it up costs."

Best Bud: "Done, partner. It'll be ready when you and the Fabled PC make it up here for the scallop-hunting season."

So I got a case of jealousy mixed well with a dose of appreciation. I tellya, it is confusing. :hmmmm2::s1:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
.... Every living being on earth is by definition 'genetically modified'.

So TRUE, "Only the strong survive". Even in humans females do not select retarded or weak, sickly, males to precreate with. Males do not seek out females that do not attract them. Male attraction usually involves the breeding qualities the female body displays.
All has evolved over mankind's generations.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
So TRUE, "Only the strong survive". Even in humans females do not select retarded or weak, sickly, males to precreate with. Males do not seek out females that do not attract them. Male attraction usually involves the breeding qualities the female body displays.
All has evolved over mankind's generations.
What you are referring to is "selective breeding". Culling inferior bucks is selective breeding.
Taking corn and slicing frog genes into it to make it immune to Roundup is "genetic modification".

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Interesting thread guys. Thanks for sharing & good luck with your hunts.

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Then stop using the term interchangeably. Most of what gets labelled GMO, in the media or here at GIM, are simply hybrids.
I don't recall using the term interchangeably your majesty.:D If the media tries to confuse the issue, it shouldn't surprise anyone.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Switched gears today and went big game hunting. This morning I got to take my Donny out looking for an antlerless moose. We first hear two bulls scrapping about 1/2 a mile away and they were fair sized. Then we saw this guy.

Shortly afterwards the lad did this with a two year old dry cow.

Neighbor I had been baby sitting cows for the past ten days picked a good time to show up.

The two lads getting after it.

A decent chunk of meat for $47 Can.

243 is not toooooooooooo small.

Bobby boy found 3 moose and one elk antler

Donny only found two moose sheds.

Me

and I got some things to play with.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Oldest lad came home last night cause he wanted meat in his freezer.

Being lazy I went and stole a tractor from the guy who owns the land where the moose lay.

Then the landowner shows up. xxx32

He told Tevis he expects two moose roasts.

Same crew got her skinned, gutted and cleaned in 33 minutes. Total elapsed time from leaving to hunt to done was 1 hour 43 minutes.

The moose was a mile and 1/4 from home and now I ain't gonna worry about hitting either one with my truck.
teach your younguns and save money plus they can carry on for themselves.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Attachments

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Tazz both of these two were 2 year old cows that would weigh around 800lbs alive. Don's moose gave up 400lbs of steaks, roasts and burger meat. We rarely field dress as it is easier to keep them clean this way. The last tractor has 100 hours on it and the 81 year old owner hates it. His son talked him into it.