• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Open spinal fusion with complications.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Make sure you take a magic marker and put "NOT THIS KNEE" on the good one...

I've heard true stories....
Way to go GH you are a ray of positivity :bang head:
My surgeon put her initials on my hip - with a MAGIC MARKER !!!:gracious:

I somewhat remember, many years ago, a black guy, that got the wrong leg cut off !!!!!!! :rage 1:shit happens:

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Get your pain pills and antibiotics as prescribed. Take the medications as ordered. Arrange for family and friends to help you for the first week most important

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
My BIL had a laminectomy on T4 & 5 to relieve pressure on his spinal column. He was in so much pain he had to take months off work, after surgery his pain was reduced, but he could never go back to his regular job.

Good Luck and none of my implants set off the metal detectors. :2 thumbs up:
My daughter who has two titanium rods from top to bottom only sets it off some of the time. Still good to be prepared.
This is your thread

Make sure you take a magic marker and put "NOT THIS KNEE" on the good one...

I've heard true stories....
Any Orthopedic surgeon who pays attention to their liability insurance hands you a marker. Since it's bilateral spinal surgery, I'll need a mirror an accomplice to mark the spot. Okay members and guests and bots and whomever, I will critique the post surgical entertainment value and report on my progress in this very thread.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I await your every post Agave... :reading:
I got you and several other GIMMERS in my nightly prayers for well being.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Greetings from University Hospital fellow Gimmers! Surgery was at 8AM today. I took longer in recovery than expected. Heart rate wasn’t regulating right away. I will still read faithfully, my typing is atrocious right now.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I'm keepin' ya on my Prayer List A...girl1 .
and of course

Best Wishes ,
Gb

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You have been in my thoughts lately, it is very nice to hear from you.

Good for you! Drink lots of water. See you when you return.
Repeat- Good for you! Drink lots of water. See you when you return.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Something for you to think about during your recovery. In August of 16 my pain developed overnight and grew worse. By the middle of september I was taking relaxers and opiates. Battled through the medical and insurance war zone into November when I had my procedure. In December I went cold turkey off the meds. Fortunately, I don’t find opiates to be fun so there was no mental addiction but there was certainly a physical addiction. The main parts of withdrawal was a swimming head and diarrhea. The former lasted for about a month and a half while the later lasted two weeks. Hopeful you weren’t on them as long as I.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
There's gotta be something cool we can stick under her banner for freaking posting to us deplorables FROM THE GD HOSPITAL BED!!!

Minga, that's showing some LOVE!

So glad to hear your still as nuts as before the surgery AG! :show love::show affection::winks2:

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Nice to hear that all is well. Take the pain medications as ordered and ask them to give you stool softener as the main meds cause constipation. Hope you are sleeping well. Did they let you eat anything?

Hope you are back in your own room and away from the constant noise in the intensive care unit
Take card and good luck

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Glad to hear you are through the surgery, now I hope you are home recuperating! Lots of reading here on GIM for you to catch up on :D

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
As Ug. said "...girls like flowers so.....:
1532637909055.png 1532637935306.png 1532638067243.png

For Agavegirl1,
Gb

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Thank you for the flowers! @Uglytruth , @newmisty and
@GOLDBRIX . @ErrosionOfAccord , I agree about the opiates. Unfortunately, without my Oxycodone (low dose), my overlapping Tylonol and Flexor. I could not stand up! Yes, @Unca Walt , standing up the first time was awful.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Glad all went well for ya, girl1. and the recovery process is successful. Something inside has to keep you going. I'm sure you possess that. Don't let any set backs, if they occur, stop you. I know for me, after surgery I wasn't the same.

i'd give ya flowers but they are only reserved for my wife.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

GET WELL SOON FROM THE DEPOLRABLES AT GIM

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Thanks for the flowers @newmisty. @hammerhead, you are an honorable man and I hope your wife appreciates that. I have maintained a positive attitude throughout and even made the interns laugh. I followed instruction to the letter and was released a day earlier than the expected. Most my prescribed medications are at the lowest dose and I have also been "prescribed" some over the counter meds and supplements.

I don't like re- typing ever other word....so I will continue to read.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
DYODD : Long Dong Silver - Jus' sayin'

OR

"Left Knee ? Right Knee ? Weenie ?"

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
How about an update Agavegirl1........ Hoping all is well.

1533514602873.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Boys, there is a lady present... let's at least attempt a decorum that is in keeping with good taste and propriety...

Thanks... Gh

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
YES, My bad, after all the thread is about her, her surgery, and recovery.
I Goldbrix, sincerely apologize for my rude and crude statement above and hope that Agavegirl1 forgives me for my transgression.
:show love:

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Update: Friday I have lab and X-ray for a six week check. The X-ray is to chech the position of he hardware.

Hope all you guys sending me flowers doesn’t get you in trouble with any wom n in your life since I am pretty sure I adore each and every one by now.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The Mrs. does not like any kind of flower or roses, not even on cards. I save a fortune by getting her chocolate strawberries or Nestles' Turtles.
A Dollar Tree card and either of the above chocolates she good with that.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
date: Friday I have lab and X-ray for a six week check. The X-ray is to chech the position of he hardware.
I hope all is well & you are up to normal activities soon !:show love:

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Greetings members of GIM!! I am doing so well at my six week checkup that my doctors looked somewhat stunned. I haven't asked for pain medication since my first 10 day supply. I let my 30 day supply of muscle relaxants expire and there are still some around here somewhere. I tried to explain that maybe the fact I rate my pain as 0-2 might have something to do with the pre-surgery level of 6-8. They think maybe relativity is a factor but I have a pretty positive attitude and a good sense of humor and I think that wins. Whatever it is, I can go back to work gradually as I deem it comfortable enough. Starting with an hour tomorrow.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
They think maybe relativity is a factor but I have a pretty positive attitude and a good sense of humor and I think that wins. Whatever it is, I can go back to work gradually as I deem it comfortable enough. Starting with an hour tomorrow.
You bet, a positive attitude and a good sense of humor will take you a long way. Go slow on the recovery, I pushed it & it pushed back & set me back, a little.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
You bet, a positive attitude and a good sense of humor will take you a long way. Go slow on the recovery, I pushed it & it pushed back & set me back, a little.
Thanks @TAEZZAR , I have a younger brother who had the same surgery. He was my typical brother, did not adhere to restrictions and had to do the fusion all over again.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Sorry guys...I hope you will tolerate a smidge of female emotion here....I do care about you all. I feel a connection to you all. I hope you do not consider my connection a "weakness". I think he tried to fight the real diagnosis there.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Sorry guys...I hope you will tolerate a smidge of female emotion here....I do care about you all. I feel a connection to you all. I hope you do not consider my connection a "weakness". I think he tried to fight the real diagnosis there.
Thats no weakness, agavegirl, us guys care about each other also (some us may be a little crusty). We send you best wishes and flowers because yer one of us!

JMSO,
BF

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My ma always used to say, the problem with people is that they are only human.

Glad to have you around Agavegirl1. And it's very good nooze that you are recovering so well and thanks for keeping us up to date. Telling others what is going on with themselves and getting through is what this place is all about.