• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

peak paper mask lunacy achieved?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
went to the grow store yesterday in Colorado Springs to buy about $500 bucks of Sunshine soil and some odds and ends...been shopping there for about 5 years now

soon as we got in the door one of the employees said we had to have a mask to shop there per the Health Department

I said “you’re kidding right? we are buying dirt.”

No , we are not kidding.

So we turned around and walked out.

To bad so sad.
Whether the retailer agrees with the policy or not, they can get in big trouble if people inside aren't wearing diapers on their face.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Whether the retailer agrees with the policy or not, they can get in big trouble if people inside aren't wearing diapers on their face.

the pussification of businesses

if the idiot owners would ALL stick together and say Feck you to the gubmint, the bass turds cannot arrest them all nor could they shut them down

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I simply have no words for this.
It is mostly a wall of crap. But I see a couple truths.

Part of the problem is one of timing. It’s one thing to plan on reopening in the late summer—Labor Day has been a popular target—but employers talking about bringing everyone back in May or June are ignoring that it’s unlikely we’ll have reached herd immunity by then (and kids definitely won’t be vaccinated yet, which is a concern for many parents).
It has been over a freaking YEAR now. Didn't the story start with "a couple weeks"? GET OVER IT.

Plus, some people just prefer working from home and would rather not give it up. They’re quite happy to have no commute, a more flexible schedule, pets lounging nearby, more casual dress, and easy access to their own kitchen. A lot of us have even found we’re more productive at home, without the interruptions of chatty colleagues.
Agreed. I have worked for years "remote" very productively. I would greatly like to see the day when the HR and management assholes understand that I can be very productive without direct supervision.

But the real problem, I suspect, is that in the past year, we’ve experienced a massive loss of trust in our institutions and in one another.
That is a good thing.

We’ve spent the past year not being protected by the institutions that were supposed to protect us and learning that we’d have to protect ourselves.
It's about time! Wake up and my scorn will change to respect.

So what can employers do? First and foremost, when possible, plan your reopening for further out than May or June.
And... back to the horseshit.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It is mostly a wall of crap. But I see a couple truths.

It has been over a freaking YEAR now. Didn't the story start with "a couple weeks"? GET OVER IT.

Agreed. I have worked for years "remote" very productively. I would greatly like to see the day when the HR and management assholes understand that I can be very productive without direct supervision.

That is a good thing.

It's about time! Wake up and my scorn will change to respect.

And... back to the horseshit.
LOL, yes some good points except when they refer to loss of trust in government and institutions they are not coming from the same place as us. They are referring to Trumps "inept handling of the pandemic" , the government not getting vaccines out fast enough , not keeping stuff closed long enough and of course somewhere in there is racism. Give them some more time off work, a vaccine and some more stimulus and they will think life is good.

Last edited:

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
yes, divide and conquer.. Im not sure how you have not lost it with your kids. I admire your ability to handle this :(
I love my kids more than anything else on the planet. I learned a long time ago that I can no longer make decisions for them. I can offer my thoughts but at the end of the day I hope I'm wrong! We agree to disagree on the topic and just living each day as it comes, like everyone else here!

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Starting to see a real divide. People walking outside with masks & others without......

We have a 40" monitor hooked to a microscope at work so today I grabbed a fresh mask from the middle of a new batch & looked at it. I did not see the little black wiggly thing, I did see a lot of loose fibers that I in no way want to breathe.

I'll stick with a bandana as it's cotton & I know where it's been.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Starting to see a real divide. People walking outside with masks & others without......

We have a 40" monitor hooked to a microscope at work so today I grabbed a fresh mask from the middle of a new batch & looked at it. I did not see the little black wiggly thing, I did see a lot of loose fibers that I in no way want to breathe.

I'll stick with a bandana as it's cotton & I know where it's been.
Same level of protection, which is, none...

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
1619649510896.png

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
This shit needs to end. Masks DO NOT WORK, 6ft-60ft social distancing DOES NOT WORK!

Tucker Carlson hit the nail on the head, stand UP, say it out loud I WON'T BE A VICTIM not NOW not EVER!
Your correct, 6ft is bull shit. Think back a few years, when tobacco was the enemy, to the "second hand smoke" arguments. The .gov showed how your breath spread. Same breath today...

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
One of the most glaringly obvious admissions that masks do absolutely nothing to stop someone contracting the beer virus:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I'm hearing is smaller population. This is just another way to get there.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not mask lunacy but my Daughter just called a human vector host on a parent forum. She was told to take the damn vaccine because of course it was FDA approved.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The faith these people have in fools like Faucci and other bureaucrats, just surpasses all understanding.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Not mask lunacy but my Daughter just called a human vector host on a parent forum. She was told to take the damn vaccine because of course it was FDA approved.

i checked with the judges. they approved the post b/c of the strong lunacy aspect

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Woopiee shit!! The band is back in town!!

The Band 1.jpg

The musicians are masked and the instruments have special covers, as the West Seattle High School Band gets back to business. As you can see, proper masks and instrument covers were purchased, and kids are distanced and outside.​

The Band 2.jpg

Stand on yer dot, everyone, we got it covered. (and how!)

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Woopiee shit!! The band is back in town!!

The musicians are masked and the instruments have special covers, as the West Seattle High School Band gets back to business. As you can see, proper masks and instrument covers were purchased, and kids are distanced and outside.​
Stand on yer dot, everyone, we got it covered. (and how!)
we really a laugh button in addition to a like button. A coworker posted a pic of her daughter running long distant track in a mask. It was 84 degrees that day.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
ok, the stupidity grows. The question in the schools is this. How can the kids store their masks when the Governor consents to let them take them off on the playground. The obvious answer is to get a lanyard and hang them around there neck. Each child will be required to have one. So lets send kindergarten children to the playground with a rope around their neck. What could go wrong?

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
ok, the stupidity grows. The question in the schools is this. How can the kids store their masks when the Governor consents to let them take them off on the playground. The obvious answer is to get a lanyard and hang them around there neck. Each child will be required to have one. So lets send kindergarten children to the playground with a rope around their neck. What could go wrong?
Avalon, I honestly think this is a form of mass suicide. I have no problem with people wanting to collectively top themselves, I just object when they expect me to join in with their madness. After all, enough of us need to be left behind to bury the bodies and keep the machinery going.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Avalon, I honestly think this is a form of mass suicide. I have no problem with people wanting to collectively top themselves, I just object when they expect me to join in with their madness. After all, enough of us need to be left behind to bury the bodies and keep the machinery going.
This does have a Jim Jones kool aid vibe to it along with peer pressure, social responsibility, "for the greater good", and a whole host of other pressures to get the jab. Then there is the social shunning, vaccine passport , keep your job pressure from the other side leaving few with any options.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
This does have a Jim Jones kool aid vibe to it along with peer pressure, social responsibility, "for the greater good", and a whole host of other pressures to get the jab. Then there is the social shunning, vaccine passport , keep your job pressure from the other side leaving few with any options.

divide and conquer.. the most successful recipe for total control in history. They don't even have to get their hands dirty.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
babies.. they will give this vaccine to infants soon. Its obscene :( Mass suicide and taking their kids with them but they are not taking mine.

stoli

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I work at a garden center. The outdoor mask restriction was lifted last week. It kills me to see most of the folks walking around with their speach impairment strapped on their face asking me ??s. I tell most peps they can walk around without the mask but they choose to leave it on.
They don't want to offend the peps with the masks on...........

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
They don't even have to get their hands dirty.
Oh, they are dirty. Dirty with the blood of innocent victims that would NOT have been if not forced to wear "screen doors for submarines".
FAUCI 4 PRISON along with GATES & BIRX.....

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
At the drive through at the Chinese restaurant for lunch today & a guy was standing outside waiting for his to go order. I said "only 2 weeks to flatten the curve" & he went off on the stupidity of it all. Then later in the day in the meat store they were not wearing masks. First time I had seen that. So I said guess we are not wearing masks anymore & the customer said his kids are keeping them from seeing the grandkids until they get the jab. Then he started quoting stats like he is a regular here. over 3K dead from the jab, fauci has a patent etc...... Guy at work his kid is "protecting" his grandkids by not even letting him in the house because they "do not feel safe & he is only trying to protect his children"........
Imaging if all this hate, anger, energy could be turned on the real problem......

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Friend stopped over mid week. Said a lady asked him to put a mask on. He whispered to her he can't. It's a class 4 felony to wear a mask while carrying a gun. That shut her up.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I work at a garden center. The outdoor mask restriction was lifted last week. It kills me to see most of the folks walking around with their speach impairment strapped on their face asking me ??s. I tell most peps they can walk around without the mask but they choose to leave it on.
They don't want to offend the peps with the masks on...........

Someone talks to me with that diaper on their head I tell them I can't understand a damn word now talk it off or don't talk to me. Mask lunacy a joke of course but so is this entire last year.

Attachments

• E1EC4mRWEAIiXxp.jpg
    E1EC4mRWEAIiXxp.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 25

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
^ That level of idiocy can't be real?
I think it is.

I know a retired preacher, online...part of a hobby community...and you'd think a Man of God, who you expect to see with the sick, the halt and lame...you'd expect to see in foxholes in battle...he'd have some faith in his Maker.

What he has, is faith in the Mask. It's sad.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Walk her through it.

Why, of COURSE that vaccine is safe and effective! Because government APPROVED it!

Now. Why would an unvaccinated person be any risk to anyone but himself? Or other unvaccinated persons? And since "you" (your daughter) wants them punished, maybe a case of Beer Cooties is a good way to do that!

Nobody needed to force vaccinations for polio or measles or whatever else. Why is THIS so different?

Long before the details got out, I had to think this through. Maybe the vaccine isn't as safe as actually getting the disease! Since it's fatal to less than one percent; and since we have medicines that can treat it, at home (safer and better) it SHOULD NOT EVEN BE AN ISSUE.

Except.

Except that they have OTHER reasons why they want us forced into this medical experiment. Which is already proving as lethal as the disease and no real impediment to catching it, anyway.

Are they really this stupid?...or do they just think we are?