• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

peak paper mask lunacy achieved?

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Unh, it's been ten months already. How come all the non-mask peoples ain't all dead yet?

Just curious,
BF

And more to the point, why do all the Mask Cultists keep on getting inconveniently sick?

Over 70 percent of new cases report use of the magic Face Diapers in accordance with Authority health officials' guidelines.

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1603852338416.jpg

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
yesterday - saw a guy by himself, walking along the side of the highway, in 80 degree sunny weather -- mask in place and all fast

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I see that idiocy all the time.

Virtue-Signalling idiots ALONE in their cars, diapered up. Clowns RIDING BICYCLES with those damn things.

Anyone got the link to Quack Faucci's paper? Show that a paper mask is more risk and no benefit?

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1603899998494.png

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I'm deeply skeptical of the covid scam. However this is not true. Specifically they did not discover that masks caused or even contributed to bacterial pneumonia. Misinformation helps no-one.
The mentioned paper, for those of you interested:

Attachments

• An Historical Antecedent of Modern Guidelines for Community Pandemic Influenza Mitigation.pdf
    509 KB · Views: 23

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
yesterday - saw a guy by himself, walking along the side of the highway, in 80 degree sunny weather -- mask in place and all fast
He doesn't need a sign that says biden/harris to say who he's voting for.

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Silver Miner
Reaction score
He doesn't need a sign that says biden/harris to say who he's voting for.

Where I am everybody wears the darn things. It's hard to deal with all the looks :-(. Part of me wants to try and explain why I don't wear one - but it's like there's no common ground at all - people don't even listen to each other any more.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Where I am everybody wears the darn things. It's hard to deal with all the looks :-(. Part of me wants to try and explain why I don't wear one - but it's like there's no common ground at all - people don't even listen to each other any more.
Yeah Yeller, people don't even walk by each other in the supermarkets without a look of fear.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score

It's about social control, and to force blind obedience...but it's more. Much more.

It's to turn us onto each other. This morning, in town...I can generally guess. The dazed, addled drivers who have to check their notes to understand what a green light means ...

(there are some people like that, here; they drive reasonably-good cars. There's a lot of government employment here, and also Medical Marijuana...ah, cowinky-dink...)

...are also the clowns who are masked up. Often alone in their cars.

They might as well wear a sweatshirt: STUPID or CUCK.

They ENRAGE me. MINDLESS obedient NPCs.

And there, I see I'm falling for the Divide-And-Conquer rule.

RebelYell

Silver Miner
Reaction score
It's about social control, and to force blind obedience...but it's more. Much more.

It's to turn us onto each other. This morning, in town...I can generally guess. The dazed, addled drivers who have to check their notes to understand what a green light means ...

(there are some people like that, here; they drive reasonably-good cars. There's a lot of government employment here, and also Medical Marijuana...ah, cowinky-dink...)

...are also the clowns who are masked up. Often alone in their cars.

They might as well wear a sweatshirt: STUPID or CUCK.

They ENRAGE me. MINDLESS obedient NPCs.

And there, I see I'm falling for the Divide-And-Conquer rule.

Yep. I'm aware of all this. It makes me sad. But what makes me even sadder is the impossibility of getting through to people. Their minds are closed. It's not that they don't agree - it's that they are not even willing to listen to or look at evidence.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yep. I'm aware of all this. It makes me sad. But what makes me even sadder is the impossibility of getting through to people. Their minds are closed. It's not that they don't agree - it's that they are not even willing to listen to or look at evidence.

the invisible threat is the best threat

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The real N95's might help if you are around someone who has the disease, but anything else is just a feel-good measure that allows people to think they have some type of control over the situation.

The real issue I see with the surgical, paper and other cloth masks is that while they may in fact catch some airborne droplets that could carry a virus, those droplets eventually dry out and leave the virus on the mask waiting to be inhaled on your next breath.
That's why there are time limits on wearing them in medial situations. They are supposed to change them after so many minutes of wearing them.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
not sure what brand this is -- but do the mask containers describe what they filter out....or dont filter out?

1603944740290.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
not sure what brand this is -- but do the mask containers describe what they filter out....or dont filter out?

View attachment 186470
I've seen several boxes of masks at stores that no longer are printed with that info on them. Just labeled as "face masks".

I suppose they have to do that if they want to sell 'em.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
3m document has interesting comment about devices called "surgical mask" -- purpose, thus design, is not to protect user. and we thought the doctor mask was to protect him

interesting doc with details about different mask types

https://webcache.googleusercontent....+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-b-1

The primary purpose of a surgical mask is to help prevent biological particles (e.g. bacteria and viruses) from being expelled
by the wearer into the environment

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score

View attachment 186470
Yes, legitimate respiratory masks do. N95 or N99 (industrial) or M95 or M99 (medical).

I'm going by memory on the medical stuff. I worked with industrial; and the masks I wear to the VA hospital are N99. Probably no protection but...a bit of blind faith, even for me. AND they REQUIRE a mask, so why not get one that MIGHT do some good?

The grading...I'm trying to remember if it's PERCENT or if it's actual micron size.

But beyond that, there's respirators with removable filter pads; and then, you can get them with air pumped in, from a separate system or tank.

Those face-diapers do NOTHING.

chieftain

Sick of carrots and pawpcorn
Reaction score
Go have a chat to your local body shop and ask nicely if they could show you the apparatus worn by their spray painters. If anyone has any doubt about the face mask story, it will completely evaporate once you've seen what the painters wear, what it filters and what it costs.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Any tool works best when used properly. I would like to think a surgeon doesn't have a 'lucky' mask.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Some people have a beard, I do. Mask do absolutely NOTHING if you have a beard.

chieftain

Reaction score
^ Give this man a cigar.

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm deeply skeptical of the covid scam. However this is not true. Specifically they did not discover that masks caused or even contributed to bacterial pneumonia. Misinformation helps no-one.

My wifes cousin, a dedicated mask wearer was recently diagnosed wirh COVID 19... She is hospitalized not for COVID but for, you guessed it, bacterial pneumonia..... She is prolly 90+# overweight, has diabetes, colon & heart problems, never exercises or consumes a healthy diet, yet she is scared to death of COVID... Her co-morbidities will kill her before any virus does! The IDIOCY of it all!

chieftain

Reaction score
They're only co-morbidities if they die.

RebelYell

Silver Miner
Reaction score
The mentioned paper, for those of you interested:

Just in case people are confused by this response, this paper does indeed conclude that bacterial pneumonia is what killed a lot of people, but it does not conclude or even mention as a possibility that masks were a cause of the bacterial pneumonia. In fact the paper does not even mention the word "mask".

RebelYell

Silver Miner
Reaction score
My wifes cousin, a dedicated mask wearer was recently diagnosed wirh COVID 19... She is hospitalized not for COVID but for, you guessed it, bacterial pneumonia..... She is prolly 90+# overweight, has diabetes, colon & heart problems, never exercises or consumes a healthy diet, yet she is scared to death of COVID... Her co-morbidities will kill her before any virus does! The IDIOCY of it all!

I think this bacterial pneumonia thing is a bit of a red herring - at least when it's being used to imply that it's something completely separate from covid. Respiratory viruses which infect lung cells (as the spanish 'flu did and covid does) result in immune reactions which then destroy these cells. The result is "small holes" where the now dead cell used to be and where bacteria can easily breed so bacterial pneumonia is much more likely. In my view it is perfectly reasonable to suggest that covid causes the bacterial pneumonia, and ascribe a high percentage of bacterial pneumonia deaths following a covid infection to covid itself.

The scam - in my view - is focused on

(a) other co-morbidities, where covid has little to do with the death - but may just push people over the edge, or even have nothing to do with the death at all.

(b) financial incentives encouraging hospitals to record covid cases and deaths

(c) financial incentives for treatments which lead to unnecessary deaths (ventilation payments)

(d) inaccurate tests leading to large numbers of false positive test results which in turn result in overstated numbers of cases, hospitalizations and fatalities

(e) the unreliability even of the excess deaths number owing to the impossibility of separating out deaths caused by bad treatments and the lockdown itself from deaths actually caused by covid.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Company policy.

Wear mask when away from your desk.
Travel to quarantine states require 14 days at home.

One owner flies to quarantine state every few weeks to visit family member.
Another owner won't wear a mask at all.
Executive secretary went to a quarantine state to visit family. Did not quarantine.

Talk about mixed signals.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wear mask when away from your desk.
Travel to quarantine states require 14 days at home
If the company requires that, are the 14 days with pay?

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the company requires that, are the 14 days with pay?
Yes. But only the first trip. Also all of us are set up to work from home if need be. We can link into work computers remotely.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Yes. But only the first trip. Also all of us are set up to work from home if need be. We can link into work computers remotely.
I haven't been to the office since February and we just got an email notice this morning that the company is extending the stay at home work until Feb1 2021. I'm lovin' it! Fake pandemics do have advantages

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score