• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

peak paper mask lunacy achieved?

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1608352343547.png

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I've been 'corrected' for doing that:
"Sir, put the mask over your nose" i heard one day and i didn't turn around, i didn't acknowledge him, he said it again and then a customer ask him where to find some deal or something, i walked to another isle, never even looking at who was attempting to chastise me...

lol
Truth is, where I'm at, the Mask Gestapo has triumphed. Except, just about everyone understands its a complete joke.

So yes, a lot of people wear them with the nose hanging out. What that is, to me, is a message: We're complying but we know the authorities are idiots.

It does almost give me faith in humanity...to some extent...

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
update -- i saw it myself on cdc dot com this week. with two week left to go, here we are:

2018 = 2.8x mill

2020 ytd = 2.7x mill

2020 will overtake it in the next two weeks -- we drift upward slowly in yearly deaths as population increases and baby boomers get buried

practically no abnormal increase in deaths 2018 vs 2020 will be the final answer

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Truth is, where I'm at, the Mask Gestapo has triumphed. Except, just about everyone understands its a complete joke.

So yes, a lot of people wear them with the nose hanging out. What that is, to me, is a message: We're complying but we know the authorities are idiots.

It does almost give me faith in humanity...to some extent...
what I've noticed around here is that almost everyone is wearing it for everyone else but since everyone's wearing it for everyone else, nobody really wants to wear them.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
For everyone else.

Yeah, sure. If you're not sick, "everyone else" doesn't need you with a mask.

If you think you've got it or have been exposed....STAY HOME.

That's how to protect "everyone else."

If you want to make empty Virtue-Signalling gestures...put on a toy face diaper. Shows ***I CARE**

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Oh you bet! Had a few adventures the last couple years, nothing bad, made a lot of money, but I sure earned it. :beer:
How are you?
Hanging tough and striving forward vigorously towards personal development.

Most importantly I'm always trying to reclaim and maintain whatever positivity i can to help maintain my heart.

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Hanging tough and striving forward vigorously towards personal development.

Most importantly I'm always trying to reclaim and maintain whatever positivity i can to help maintain my heart.
Sounds like going has been rough for you. Monday the sun starts it's journey back to summer, something positive to look forward to.
:spring:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Some good news to share. I stopped by a firearms store for the first time. I had never heard of it, but was referred to it by a cashier at Dunham's. Just going to leave this right here for all of you to enjoy...

View attachment 195862
Where are they? Do they ship? I'll buy something from them just on principle!

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Where are they? Do they ship? I'll buy something from them just on principle!
They are in Janesville, Wisconsin. I can't say for sure if they ship or not. It seems to be a one-man shop and there were 4 or 5 other customers. Two of them were purchasing firearms, so he was pretty busy and I didn't get to chat with him as much as I would have liked to. I did drop about $100 for stuff I really didn't need as a way to thank him for having common sense.

Here's a link to their website: https://ctrfirearms.com/

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
When they require you to wear a mask, aren't they accusing you of being contagious? What do they tell the police?
When restaurants require patrons to wear a mask, what they're telling me is that their premises are infectious.

Well...thanks for the info. I'll eat elsewhere, thankyouverymuch...

...oh. You say it's ***THE LAW***?

Why the F are you not DEMANDING THE LAW BE CHANGED? Since those stupid things do no good, and especially since you have to remove them to eat?

You can't have it both ways, and with the customer as the ham in the sandwich. So...you try to appease government, which is NOT paying your bills...you can damn well go broke and starve.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
They are in Janesville, Wisconsin. I can't say for sure if they ship or not. It seems to be a one-man shop and there were 4 or 5 other customers. Two of them were purchasing firearms, so he was pretty busy and I didn't get to chat with him as much as I would have liked to. I did drop about $100 for stuff I really didn't need as a way to thank him for having common sense.

Here's a link to their website: https://ctrfirearms.com/
Thought it was worth mentioning that their gun room is a custom made safe/vault.

"When CTR Firearms first opened, we opted to store all our firearms in a safe every evening. Handling every single gun in the shop every morning and night proved to be a task, and with the recent string of gun shop burglaries, we decided to up our game! Our showroom is constructed with 12 gauge steel under 3/4 inch, tongue-and-groove roof sheeting. The outer walls are reinforced concrete block, and the outside windows of the shop have new bulletproof glass."

https://ctrfirearms.com/our-showroom-is-a-vault/

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
When restaurants require patrons to wear a mask, what they're telling me is that their premises are infectious.

Why the F are you not DEMANDING THE LAW BE CHANGED? Since those stupid things do no good, and especially since you have to remove them to eat?

You can't have it both ways, and with the customer as the ham in the sandwich. So...you try to appease government, which is NOT paying your bills...you can damn well go broke and starve.
It's only contagious while you're walking to and from your table. Once you sit down you're safe from infection.....somehow!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Thought it was worth mentioning that their gun room is a custom made safe/vault.

"When CTR Firearms first opened, we opted to store all our firearms in a safe every evening. Handling every single gun in the shop every morning and night proved to be a task, and with the recent string of gun shop burglaries, we decided to up our game! Our showroom is constructed with 12 gauge steel under 3/4 inch, tongue-and-groove roof sheeting. The outer walls are reinforced concrete block, and the outside windows of the shop have new bulletproof glass."

https://ctrfirearms.com/our-showroom-is-a-vault/
Thanks, I checked them out. All they seem to offer online to purchase are handguns.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Thanks, I checked them out. All they seem to offer online to purchase are handguns.
I would say give them a call and see if they will ship something other firearms to you. Tell him the guy that bought a box of Federal 9mm HST and a Ruger SR9 magazine posted about his mask policy on a forum and that you (and maybe others) don't live in the area but want to show your support.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

The E.O "Herr" Beshear signed in Kentucky - one wears a mask until seated in the restaurant once seated in a appropriate spacing ( it varies under the different levels the Gov. Royalty determines about every 30 days ) the mask can be removed. The mask is placed back on to exit the restaurant.
Restaurant workers remain masked while they work.
It does seem the .Gov sees the writing on the wall and easing the Regs. Trying to encourage folks to do dining out.
Of course this could all change with "Herr" Beshear's next proclamation.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Some good news to share. I stopped by a firearms store for the first time. I had never heard of it, but was referred to it by a cashier at Dunham's. Just going to leave this right here for all of you to enjoy...

View attachment 195862
The gun store near me is the same way. They have a sign saying if you wear a mask into the office be prepared to be treated like a robber or something to that effect.

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
The gun store near me is the same way. They have a sign saying if you wear a mask into the office be prepared to be treated like a robber or something to that effect.
I don't blame them one bit.

Many years ago, there was a clown down this way that was dubbed "The Surgeon" because he attempted robberies whilst wearing a surgical mask. His "career" didn't last long, his last hit was a Greek jeweler and old mate beat the living suitcase out of the robber. If I remember correctly, the jeweler said to the now unconscious moron as he was being wheeled out on a gurney, "haha you need a surgeon now".

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
if masks actually worked.jpg

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I stopped there today and they told me they would ship other items besides just firearms.

Oh, and I didn't notice this the first time, but the mat at the entrance to the gun vault made me smile:
CTR mat.jpg

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
why arent you wearing two masks? you trying to kill grandma?

1611547996402.png

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Yeah, it always helps to double-up.

Like using, say, two coffee filters. in your coffeemaker. That always helps...overflow the basket.

Like wearing two condoms. Another imbecilic solution I used to hear, long ago, in the Navy. Ask a public-health official about THAT.

As for the Face-Diaper: Twice useless is more useless.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
huffing and puffing, bodily fluids flying everywhere as bodies bang..........the paper mask conquers all

1612038063502.png

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
have not verified this, not unlikely that it's real

1612067968573.png

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Platinum Bling
Never ever say anything has reached Peak Lunacy....there is always someone saying "hold my beer" as evidenced by the new double mask guidelines.....hell why not go for 5...maybe 10
LOL.. yup it can get lots worse. So tired of the hypocrisy,
c3a35edc-7892-469d-84c1-006299865f88_1920x1080.jpg

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
LOL.. yup it can get lots worse. So tired of the hypocrisy, View attachment 200486
The Face-Diapers do nothing, and these lying reprobate fear-mongers KNOW it.

In a sane time, Faucci would have gotten hauled into court. Not Trump; this lying quack who singlehandedly destroyed the economy.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++