• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Pharmacies should pay for opioid problem?

TomD

Often wrong but never in doubt
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Pharmacy chains should pay $878 million for opioid epidemic role, Ohio counties say

CLEVELAND (Reuters) -A lawyer for two Ohio counties said on Monday that CVS Health Corp, Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc and Walmart Inc should fund an $878 million plan to address the opioid crisis there, as a first-of-its-kind trial got underway to determine the pharmacy chains' contribution.

I don't think much of this idea other that it's just another law firm looking to loot from whoever they can find.
The pharmacies are there to fill prescriptions, period. Once you accept the premise that the pharmacies have the legal duty to judge your prescriptions, it doesn't take much imagination the chaos that will come from that. They wouldn't be able to fill a prescription of 10 aspirin without threat of lawsuit that they should have known you have stomach problems.

Even if the pharmacies are somehow at fault, does it stand to reason that government gets the money? I mean, look at all the good that came to smokers from the uncountable of $billions looted from tobacco.

If you have a problem with a prescription, it's with the doctor.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Hope they quit messing with Walgreens. They cant even keep a pharmacist in the town store.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Why is this posted in 3 different forums? Isn't that spamming?

Twice in politics and once in mining.

TomD

Often wrong but never in doubt
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Why is this posted in 3 different forums? Isn't that spamming?

Twice in politics and once in mining.
Didn't know about that. I tried a couple of times to post it but nothing happened. I figured something was up and just left it unposted for about 15 minutes, came back and hit post. Then everything looked normal.

Au-myn

Goldbug
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I cleaned it up.

Thanks for catching it, Mr. Lucky.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Well, they already nailed the distributors - McKesson $7.4B, Cardinal $6B and AmerisourceBergen $6.1B.
And all they did was move the drugs from the manufacturer to the hospital, pharmacy, med clinic, etc.

EO 11110

(LOIS LERNER) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
if true, it blows up the facade of the doctor being the decision maker. the pharma complex as the decider, the doctor as the minion

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Pharmacy chains should pay $878 million for opioid epidemic role, Ohio counties say

CLEVELAND (Reuters) -A lawyer for two Ohio counties said on Monday that CVS Health Corp, Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc and Walmart Inc should fund an $878 million plan to address the opioid crisis there, as a first-of-its-kind trial got underway to determine the pharmacy chains' contribution.

I don't think much of this idea other that it's just another law firm looking to loot from whoever they can find.
The pharmacies are there to fill prescriptions, period. Once you accept the premise that the pharmacies have the legal duty to judge your prescriptions, it doesn't take much imagination the chaos that will come from that. They wouldn't be able to fill a prescription of 10 aspirin without threat of lawsuit that they should have known you have stomach problems.

Even if the pharmacies are somehow at fault, does it stand to reason that government gets the money? I mean, look at all the good that came to smokers from the uncountable of $billions looted from tobacco.

If you have a problem with a prescription, it's with the doctor.
The MEDIA IS EQUALLY GUILTY! Lock em up and chrow away da key!

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Hope they quit messing with Walgreens. They cant even keep a pharmacist in the town store.
I switched from walgreens to publix, they had a great manager and he left and service went down hill. Im in on the opoid suit but I dont hold the pharmacy responsible, drug companies should have been more forthcoming on the possilbe addictions

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
I blame the end user

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Go after anyone just stay away from Big Pharma (the actual problem)....

Is it a coincidence that this opioid problem was around the same time that we were in Afganistan the largest producer of poppy fields?

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how those filing these suits like recovering from root canals and other surgery without any pain meds. Why would anybody sell them under these circumstances? SMH…..

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well the reality is that doctors had to prescribe the stuff....some culpability needs to be with them. Especially the ones being paid to prescribe them...

just saying.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
People need to stop looking for somebody else to blame for everything.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I blame no one, you should know the risks going in, I quit using twice without significant withdrawal, but the cure was not worse than the disease in my case, id lay on the bed and cry sometimes the pain was so bad, and it wasnt from withdrawl but the pain from the conditions