• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Physical Gold and Silver Retirement Plan

I was messing around on an excel spreadsheet on what a sound physical gold and silver retirement plan would look like. I have other plans in play already but thought it would be fun to look at this. So say 20 years of setting aside money toward silver and gold in physical form. After twenty years you start taking out and cashing in silver and gold on a monthly basis. What would you do if you were coming up with a plan like this? You can talk in ratios if you don't want to get specific on amounts.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I don't know that this technique would work for a 'retirement plan' in the traditional sense. My opinion is that you put the metals away as you can. When the price gets low/supressed you 'back up the truck'. When the price moves up you decide if you need/want to sell or not. When the price really skyrockets, as in 1980 and 2011 you cash out to whatever extent you feel like.

The point is, although metals are an excellent store of value, they do fluctuate vs fiat with time. For that matter they fluctuate against each other, and one can trade the ratio to build their stack over time.

I think the best way to accumulate PM is to never feel like you need to sell. Either pass them on to family or cash out when they moon shot. Accumulate with money that is not earmarked for something else or does not create/prolong debt.

Different strokes for different folks...2c

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
A lot would depend on when the next major upturn in metals will be for your metals "retirement plan" to work out if cashing for a profit. The last one was in 2011 when silver peaked at $49. It could be a long while (if at all) that silver (and gold) could go up like it did in 2011. JMHO.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If what Ted Butler recently wrote about is true, especially if the agreement is renewed between JPM and the U.S. government, then any plan involving silver or gold is nothing more than wishful thinking and hoping for the best.
What I get from that article is that silver is about to be released from government sanctioned suppression, increasing the odds of a ‘moonshot’.