• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Physical Platinum Drying Up

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
It's all I've been buying lately. I see more potential in Platinum than any of the other metals.
Consider it your retirement, think ahead, it will rise like the Phoenix when the bloodbath plays out, thunderstorms and shakings do not last forever. I never even thought of selling at 2200.......

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I just received a Platinum Maple from GoldeEagle last week. Did take a month, but I knew that ahead of time. Best deal around at the time, $75 over too.

I havent purchased one of the new Maples like that with the lines in the field of the coin......any thoughs on how it looks in person? not that it matters just curious

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I havent purchased one of the new Maples like that with the lines in the field of the coin......any thoughs on how it looks in person? not that it matters just curious
It looks so much better in person than the pictures look. Above the "1 oz" is a hologram leaf, doesn't show in the picture. If I could find more for $75 over I'd buy these over the Vacambi bars all day. Here's another pic, not much better but shows the hologram.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Many simply do not get it. Study the "history" and you will, or will not...huge gains for the future. It is and has been part of my " trinity" investment. Investing in the " King" of PM's pays off.

Attachments

SilverBuyer

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
JMB had a bunch last night. Almost pulled the trigger on the Vacambi bars. Physical market for Platinum seems very tight.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Ways to invest in paper Platinum?

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Palladium has been on a tear the last 3 days, up 11%

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Nice looking coins those Nobles. Best I can find are the Platyplus at $1025. Still think when we enter the bull market Platinum will explode higher.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Nice looking coins those Nobles. Best I can find are the Platyplus at $1025. Still think when we enter the bull market Platinum will explode higher.
Platinum is a " good times" PM, or so I noticed since I bought in the $5-600 range ( 2000, 2001).When this current down turn passes and the " all is well" signal is broadcast, you will reap the rewards.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i did snag some "small ball" PT today a handfull of 1/10oz PT eagles for 125$ each.....:)

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
got my hand full.......lot less on hand now.....
big baller, dang! i went ahead and added one even though i'd rather have a coin for my first pt purchase. seemed like a good deal though for $13.80 over after using the ebay card gringott posted in the deals thread, plus standard cb options. 85 left as pf this morning.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Odd that many consider gold and platinum to be in short supply yet the best deals on metals are on the aforementioned while the step child silver commands an ungodly % over melt and delivery is many weeks out.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Odd that many consider gold and platinum to be in short supply yet the best deals on metals are on the aforementioned while the step child silver commands an ungodly % over melt and delivery is many weeks out.
I use to be confused like you, then I realized all the answers can be found in my local grocery store. That said, I may need to get out myself and take a look around as it sounds like the market has really changed in the last 12 days. My most recent silver orderwas on my door step in 5 days @ 99 cent premium.

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Premiums on 1oz rounds have risen, there haven't been any buck-over-spot deals in quite some time.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
my take on it in simple terms is....

#1 silver is in short supply ...no retail sellers...selective demand...selectively high premiums

#2 gold is not in short supply ...still plenty of retail sellers.....normal premiums

#3 PT is in short supply.....very little (small pool) retail product in general ..very few retail product sellers.....very very high general premiums

on PT thats why the ~3% premium on the product offering above is rare in a ~10%+ premium market

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Lol.....still lower than everyone else.....i ordered more in the $950s.....seems to be how it goes for me tooo......deal is over now premium is back up 50$

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I had a feeling it was going to drop this morning, but thought the deal would end Sunday night. Oh well, guess I ultimately paid $14+28=$42 premium

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I had a feeling it was going to drop this morning, but thought the deal would end Sunday night. Oh well, guess I ultimately paid $14+28=$42 premium
on ebay most everything is carrying a ~100$ premium now......so it was a heck of a deal for a bit....i am glad i got a couple of hand fulls..

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Do you folks really trust eBay for PMs?
Depends on the seller. Many of the larger, trustworthy PM sellers that sell online outside of ebay also have ebay seller sites and run very good deals from time to time (i.e,. Apmex, MCM, etc, etc).