• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Physical Platinum Drying Up

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I bought one and paid the extra 20 bucks for it to be in the plastic "early release" blah blah holder. My thoughts are that in that holder my heirs wont get taken by some LCS offering them the spot price of silver for it and that Apmex will always offer a decent price for their slabbed items. Ask me in 2o years how it worked out but the price is way up today...makes you wonder if the Government is playing games again.

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I bought one and paid the extra 20 bucks for it to be in the plastic "early release" blah blah holder. My thoughts are that in that holder my heirs wont get taken by some LCS offering them the spot price of silver for it and that Apmex will always offer a decent price for their slabbed items. Ask me in 2o years how it worked out but the price is way up today...makes you wonder if the Government is playing games again.
The reverse clearly says "1 oz .995 fine platinum", as long as your son and daughter can read, I don't think they'll sell it for 30 bucks.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
I think I'm gonna grab a couple of those PAE's myself in hopes platinum regains it's place atop the spot price board in the near future.

Love the fact that they have a $100 on them yet they're $200 bucks cheaper than the "$50" GAE or Buffalo.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The reverse clearly says "1 oz .995 fine platinum", as long as your son and daughter can read, I don't think they'll sell it for 30 bucks.
A point well taken and appreciated. However I notice on Ebay the counterfeits seem to get better by the day and, well for 20 bucks it's cheap insurance and will eliminate a LCS from coming up with the old "well its not BU" line. I am not down on LCS's but not all of them are on the up and up. Someday I will have to write a story about the time I took a Krugerrand to a shop as an experiment and was told it was 14K and was offered a price based upon a 14K... just sayin

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
ran into a seller that have 20-30 1/4oz proof 69dcam pcgs plat eagles..........what would be a safe price to give for them........LOL....not spot...

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
ran into a seller that have 20-30 1/4oz proof 69dcam pcgs plat eagles..........what would be a safe price to give for them........LOL....not spot...
There are several variables to be considered, but as a rough guide I would say it is fair to offer spot plus $50-100 per coin.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
ttaz, nice find and good luck!

here is what a dealer has up on that, (spot at $1032) MS 70's

---------------------------------------

2003 1/4 oz Platinum American Eagle MS-70 PCGS
Each of these patriotic coins features a beautifully detailed image of the Statue of Liberty, which is the perfect subject for the U.S. Mint's only investment-grade Platinum coin. Population of only 251* perfectly grade MS-70 coins. Read More

QuickShip® Eligible
Back In Stock
Volume Pricing

Quantity
Check/Wire CC/PayPal

Any Quantity $458.10 $477.19

---------------------------------------

Here is what JMB has for non graded

Price Chart
Plat Ask: $ 1,031.50

Payment Method Qty Price
Wire / Check / BTC
1 - 1920+ $327.86$325.36
Credit Card / PayPal
1 - 1920+ $341.52$338.92

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I wouldn't pay more than spot. I bought some of those in the crash in 08. Tried to flip them a few years later when prices were up and nobody would pay squat--not even spot. Best I could find was to sell them back to Apmex for a little under. So again...I wouldn't pay more than spot. I doubt he'd get more anywhere else.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i have been a spot price bullion buyer for years lol (i am#1 melting pot guy LOL) ......so this is outside my experience....platinum never sells for spot bullion or otherwise.....does anyone know what grey sheets offer/ask is on these? here is a pic of one ....Usary (yes i will probably talk myself out of these but its rare to see this kind of lot)

20160920_220818 (Medium).jpg