• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Pinehurst Coins Exchange, Inc. Dealer Rating

How do you rate this dealer?

  • * One Star

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ** Two Star

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *** Three Star

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **** Four Star

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • ***** Five Star

    Votes: 3 50.0%

  • Total voters
    6

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
24,867
Likes
28,108
#1
Please post your comments regarding Pinehurst here in this thread.

You may rate the dealer to your satisfaction level in the course of your business.

Please understand that this is a informational content thread for the sole purpose of passing information and experiences regarding a specific PM dealer to other members.

GIM does not endorse or disapprove of any member in this list of threads. GIM2 is not responsible for any disputes, resolutions, or comments made by the members.

A member may reply to the thread and post comments accordingly.

No new threads will be added except by the moderators.

You may also rate the dealer using the vote button, and the votes will be public, 1-5 stars, one being the lowest, and 5 being the highest rating.
 

Fatboy

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
959
Likes
564
Location
Centrally Isolated
#2
I did stop into their shop to check it out while I was in town for a few days. I have yet to purchase anything due to sales tax from an in store purchase. In North Carolina the sales tax does not go away when you cross the $1K threshold. They have a NICE, clean, retail location. They had lots of graded coins in the cases along with some sheets of nice looking private label, Pinehurst Coin, one ounce, silver bars in the case sitting right alongside the JM bars they offered up here a few days ago. They had bags in the case with their name printed on them for 90%. The fella I spoke with was very personable, there was another fella checking out a pile of gold to purchase from a customer and I saw one other working "out back". He explained how they were working their way into the online sales market and the philosophy they would be using for larger volume purchasers. He also explained that with online purchases in order to get the "cash" price a credit card would be used and 10% would stay on the card to secure the order while a check/money order/bank wire would be sent in for the other 90% of the sale. Once you were an established customer, the 10% CC guarantee could be dropped. Moral of the story is, they are a real business!

Hopefully they will correct me if I stated anything incorrectly.

They had just sent their scrap pile off the day before so there were no 70's art bars for you Silver Art.
 

gold4278

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Joined
Nov 13, 2013
Messages
118
Likes
27
Location
Houston Area
#3
I took them up on their offer for the J&M bars at spot and picked up a couple other small items. They were very good with communicating my order status and shipped the items in great condition in a timely manner. I would definitely consider them in the future.
 

Rcpb2000

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Joined
Apr 11, 2011
Messages
966
Likes
510
Location
Land o Lincoln
#4
Pretty happy with their communication throughout my purchase. JM bars arrived in great condition. Thank you!
 

Slo cat

New Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
15
Likes
38
#5
Great price, cc ebay for a Buffalo. 10 days shipping. Small priority box just showed up in the mail, no signature required.
 

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
738
Likes
391
#6
Received 2 Niue 2015 .999 2 oz silver hawksbill turtle coins.
Order shipped fast, tracking/no signing padded envelope, coins secure.
Each coin in ziplock clean.
There are micro scuff marks on the crowned cheek & her chinkle ribs on her neck, looking gill-ish.
Even though minted in California.
I assume a norm with Niue bullion unless graded; pray tell otherwise.